Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Azure30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Updated from 2.11 to 2.17, after doing a thorough sweep of what games didn't work and what games needed titles or box art fixed up... ultimately I removed more games than I added, and I'm using 206.7mb out of 337.4mb. When it goes to upload the games, it does so extremely quickly compared to 2.11, but halfway through it tells me something like "kachikachi returned error code 1: write error: no space left on device" and it cancels it.

I dont know what it wants from me. I'm trying to upload less games than I had on it before and it worked fine then so there's no reason it should be telling me I have no space left. I flashed to original kernel and tried it again, same results.

EDIT: Uninstalled Hakchi, resynched it again, seems to work now. I don't like these new folder settings though lol.

It seems the original 30 are put in their own folder now rather than set individually with the rest of the games and I'm not sure what setting I have to change to make it what it was before. I have tried the folder options but it seems like it doesn't matter what option I pick it just does the same setup every time, am I missing something? I have 678 games on here (entire NES library minus zapper only/power pad only games, minus games that don't currently work (someone please help make Pin*Bot work!), plus a couple romhacks) and before with 2.11 it would simply sort all the games into as many folders as it needed, 30 per folder. But NOW its got the original 30 in its own folder and the rest in alphabetical folders. It's irritating and nothing I do seems to change this.

EDIT2: Aha, okay. I thought the 'save settings to NES mini now' option would have applied folder settings, but I had to resynchronize to the system to do it. Sorry for this clusterfuck of a post. I'll leave this with one bolded TL;DR...

TL;DR - I figured out all my own shit up top so just ignore it, I'm leaving it in case someone else has the same problems and my solutions help them.

Last edited by Azure30,

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to play Mario Paint for the SNES, but apparently, it won't work with a controller unless you get a hacked version. Does anyone here know anything about this and can help me out ?

ArcNoculus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've had great results in the past running DeSmuME on PC. From what little I understand, the core in its current form is not compatible with Hakchi.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but from a hardware standpoint, it seems like the NESCE would be capable of running DS games. If I had the technical know-how and time to recompile it myself, I would. Just curious if anyone has looked into it further.

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had great results in the past running DeSmuME on PC. From what little I understand, the core in its current form is not compatible with Hakchi.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but from a hardware standpoint, it seems like the NESCE would be capable of running DS games. If I had the technical know-how and time to recompile it myself, I would. Just curious if anyone has looked into it further.
You need to create an hmod for it so you can try it out

TheLovelyMissJ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, newbie question, I have loaded a few SNES games onto my Classic, what remote do I need to be able to play them?
Also, there is a few N64 games that I would like to get, but they are not listed on the Hakchi software.... how do I locate and add them?

HecklerJH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, newbie question, I have loaded a few SNES games onto my Classic, what remote do I need to be able to play them?
Also, there is a few N64 games that I would like to get, but they are not listed on the Hakchi software.... how do I locate and add them?
Just about any Wii classic controllers should work. I have a generic PS3 style that has the same adapter plug and works for SNES, N64 and Genesis roms. For N64 games there aren't many that work well, but Google them, their easy to find. Drop them into the Hakchi games window, but make sure you uncheck Compress Non NES games from the settings menu first. Or else you won't be able to make in game saves. N64 games won't allow save states. hope that helps

nicholsonr

Trophies
XP
Country
I found database of all NES games, publishers, realease dates, players count and CRC32 checksums (!!!) in one XML file. So all this data will be automatically filled in next version.

AFAIK, Dragon Quest 3 uses non-standard mapper wiring. I spent many hour trying to run it on my flash cartridge.

Hi Guys,
Just wondering if this is still a WIP?
I grabbed the latest revision of hakchi from the github top google link and this does not appear to auto select the controller for the rom (using Emuparadise GoodNES pack).
Any ideas or link please guys?

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just about any Wii classic controllers should work. I have a generic PS3 style that has the same adapter plug and works for SNES, N64 and Genesis roms. For N64 games there aren't many that work well, but Google them, their easy to find. Drop them into the Hakchi games window, but make sure you uncheck Compress Non NES games from the settings menu first. Or else you won't be able to make in game saves. N64 games won't allow save states. hope that helps
which controller is your PS3 style one ?

Oh, and I know that Mace The Dark Age and Castlevania 64 both work, as does Star Fox 64.

Reactions: keithelmcity

HecklerJH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
which controller is your PS3 style one ?

Oh, and I know that Mace The Dark Age and Castlevania 64 both work, as does Star Fox 64.
Well it is shaped like PS3, but Dpad and Analog stick is swapped like Wii Classic pro...

IMG_20170301_210148579.jpg

Last edited by HecklerJH,

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

rhester72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was away for a bit and didn't see this until just now. Haven't even had a chance to send you a little something via PayPal, but it looks like you've been erased on Reddit? Hope you're still out there, because I'd love to get access to that torrent and also send you some loot!

Actually, his Reddit account was nuked by the admins as a direct result of that 'loot'.

Rodney

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using Nestopia for running all NES games on my NESC. I want to compress the NES games to save space. Since Hakchi won't do that, how can I?

Manually zip the ROM, and then change the command line to "/bin/nestopia /usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-H-xxxxx/CLV-H-xxxxx.nes.7z"?

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I'm using Nestopia for running all NES games on my NESC. I want to compress the NES games to save space. Since Hakchi won't do that, how can I?

Manually zip the ROM, and then change the command line to "/bin/nestopia /usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-H-xxxxx/CLV-H-xxxxx.nes.7z"?
Use this program, it needs to be installed in the Hakchi2 folder and make a backup of your folder before you use it. https://github.com/elierodrigue/Hakchi_HelpingHand

Last edited by jelmer,
Reactions: NESjimbo

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am trying to fiddle around with RetroArch, and trying to change the aspect ratio.
But how can i safe that for a specific core ?
How can i safe at all, every time i restart RetroArch, it has all been cleared.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte