Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Maurobr76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Trying to ask again.

Kid Dracula Japan works great on My mini.
But the translated one dont work it just take me back to the meny.

I have retroarch, nestopia on My mini. I have over 300 games and all works as they should, Mr.gimmick, Batman and so on...

Please send me a pm if you have any Idea.

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I downloaded KMFD's so called hakchi folder via torrent..why is there missing games in your game folders??

When I try to open your hakchi.exe..windows warns me that it wont open it because it's an untrustworthy file?

And no..I run hakchi flawlessly all the time..so its not an anti-virus thing..windows firewall.defender thing..windows just wont open it..

oh oh, than i won't download it...;-)

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
oh oh, than i won't download it...;-)
I think the guy is OK. I know him from years ago when he scanned most of the issues of Nintendo Power (US version). I don't understand why people try to flash his setup while you could pick one or two ;) of his games and implement it in your own Hakchi2 setup. He is also using the debug version of 2.17 which probably causes issues for people who try to overwrite their own setup with his version.

Last edited by jelmer,

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Reactions: D-an-W

buddhahat

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, Complete Newbie at this so please go easy!

Firstly, thanks to Cluster for creating this software. Unfortunately have run into problems at the synchronise stage.

I am on a Mac and was following the instructions here: https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassicmods/comments/5o3f72/instructions_for_mac_os_x_users/

I have got to the point where I 'synchronise selected games' but am getting a "Waiting for your new Mini" message and whatever I try, can't get beyond it. I'm only trying to add three NES noms to the existing 30.

Any advice, much appreciated!

Fuddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to ask again.

I have retroarch, nestopia on My mini. I have over 300 games and all works as they should, Mr.gimmick, Batman and so on...

The English translated version works with fceumm in the command line for me. If I remember correctly nestopia wouldn't work.

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Trying to ask again.

Did you try to download the translation yourself ?
look here !
https://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo.../Akumajou_Special_-_Boku_Dracula-kun_(Japan)_[En_by_Vice_v1.04]_(~I%27m_Kid_Dracula!!)/54746
and use either
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/169/

but i think it is already translated.

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've hit a bit of a snag. I'm trying to get Tempest to work, but looking in the mame2003 romset archive, there are several tempest zip files. Tempest.zip, Tempest1.zip, Tempest2.zip, and Tempest3.zip.

Any idea of which is the proper file ? Currently, it's tempest.zip that's on my NES Classic.

Also, has anyone here played the nes game, Gun Nac ? It works for me...sort of. The game it's self plays, but the words when you go into the part of the game where you can buy weapons is all scrambled. Not a big deal...I just thought I'd see if there was a fix.

sromeroi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've hit a bit of a snag. I'm trying to get Tempest to work, but looking in the mame2003 romset archive, there are several tempest zip files. Tempest.zip, Tempest1.zip, Tempest2.zip, and Tempest3.zip.

Any idea of which is the proper file ? Currently, it's tempest.zip that's on my NES Classic.

According to emuparadise, it should be:

Download Tempest (rev 3, Revised Hardware) (tempest) (24K)
You are downloading: tempest.zip

Before using a ZIP file from the MAME 0.78 romset, I always check what's the rom that emuparadise suggests as "the good one" when searching in the search bar on top of the screen.

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume the use_nestopia.hmod merely replaces FCeumm for the added games. Is there a way to force the NESC to use Nestopia for the Original 30 (without removing and installing the Original 30)?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, has anyone here played the nes game, Gun Nac ? It works for me...sort of. The game it's self plays, but the words when you go into the part of the game where you can buy weapons is all scrambled. Not a big deal...I just thought I'd see if there was a fix.

Yes, the default emulator does not work well, with much of the text turned into a scramble. Nestopia works fine, but I didn't go much beyond the opening. Are you using FC/Nestopia?

PhillClassicNES

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

Newbie here so please excuse my limited knowledge...

Moved house and my mini accidentally got put into storage... But now its back... YAY

I have hakchi2 V 2.0.10.5 installed on my laptop and installed 5 .nes roms onto the mini and works fine... Been trying to trawl though the 500 odd posts to see whats new..

So am i right in saying not only .nes can ne played but other roms now... Is there a best practice to update to the latest version of hakchi2 with out mucking up my mini?

Links to guides would be appreciated...

Thanks

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume the use_nestopia.hmod merely replaces FCeumm for the added games. Is there a way to force the NESC to use Nestopia for the Original 30 (without removing and installing the Original 30)?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes, the default emulator does not work well, with much of the text turned into a scramble. Nestopia works fine, but I didn't go much beyond the opening. Are you using FC/Nestopia?
just the default emulator. I can try another one. Do I use the --retroarch --core nestopia command line ?

Beathil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just had an idea, it may be a little redundant to some. Now, I don't know exactly how Hakchi2 works, but I have the impression that it copies everything from the Mini onto a PC. SO... why not create a way to run the Mini software on PC?
I don't keep my Mini near my computer, it's downstairs. So it would be nice if, after I have Hakchi2 setup, I could then run the Mini OS on my computer, and make sure I have everything setup the way I want.

I guess what I mean is, to use the Mini software as a shell for PC emulation kind of thing.

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anybody have a Mac and trying to install hakchi..here you go !

HOW TO ADD MORE GAMES TO NES MINI CLASSIC USING HAKCHI2 AND A MAC

Code:
https://toadle.me/2017/02/03/how-to-add-more-games-to-you-nes-mini-classic-using-hakchi2-and-a-mac.html

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody have a Mac and trying to install hakchi..here you go !

HOW TO ADD MORE GAMES TO NES MINI CLASSIC USING HAKCHI2 AND A MAC

Code:
https://toadle.me/2017/02/03/how-to-add-more-games-to-you-nes-mini-classic-using-hakchi2-and-a-mac.html

Very thoughtful of you about a MAC because if I am lost then I would use it. It's great for newbies with a MAC.

However, I already used wineskin (been used it over 2 years now, I think) with a hakchi2 myself days ago and it is easier and less hassle than a virtualbox. :)

Last edited by spotanjo3,

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Very thoughtful of you about a MAC because if I am lost then I would use it. It's great for newbies with a MAC.

However, I already used wineskin (been used it over 2 years now, I think) with a hakchi2 myself days ago and it is easier and less hassle than a virtualbox. :)

I posted it because I came across it..there were some peeps that were asking about hakchi and a MAC..I had no idea..partial on simple windows..lol..thought this would help them..thanks to the guy who took the time to post it with a question and answer underneath..

Reactions: spotanjo3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans