Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

byevoltor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What can we expect from Nes mini with hakchi2 for this summer?

New emulators?

Possibility to save 6000 roms ?

Best compressors for hakchi2 ?

Is the end of what we can get with hakchi2 and Nes mini?

Mr. D. Cluster have something spectacular to revolutionize yet the Nes mini ??:hrth::toot::grog:

Someone has been able to test in his console what is said of many roms in the mini nes, because no matter how hard I try, without better compressors, it is impossible to reach that amount of roms .... The creator of such azaña Can you share your success with the rest of Gbatemp ???:bow:

rhester72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To b

New emulators?

Mr. D. Cluster have something spectacular to revolutionize yet the Nes mini ??:hrth::toot::grog:

Someone has been able to test in his console what is said of many roms in the mini nes, because no matter how hard I try, without better compressors, it is impossible to reach that amount of roms .... The creator of such azaña Can you share your success with the rest of Gbatemp ???:bow:

My thoughts:

Yes, Hakchi2 has probably reached close to the end of the development line, because there isn't much more to do. Any additional emulators are going to require other developers to port further Retroarch cores, the vast majority of which (that don't require keyboards) have already been done as well as can be. Remember, at the end of the day, you're talking about a single-board computer with the approximate power of a Raspberry Pi. Heavy horsepower it isn't. :) When I start reading people asking about Nintendo DS emulators and the like, I have to laugh, because it's just SUCH an inappropriate platform for such things in so many ways.

As for more storage - it's 300MB. That's it. The cheapest smartphone money can buy these days has *50 times* as much storage. The ability to store mega-thousands of games on this tiny, tiny system is a cheap technical trick, not something pragmatic or usable. It's impressive...but if you seriously want a system that plays many thousands of games from all manner of systems with widely varying controllers, buy a more appropriate device and be done with it. Doing it on the NESCE/Famicom is simply because it's a cool achievement, not because it could ever be considered general-purpose for day-to-day gaming.

re: compression...algorithms are what they are. You aren't ever going to do better than 7-zip, period. It's as tight as it's going to get. Yes, you can do crazy things like strip music and FMVs from PS1 games, for instance, and potentially save TONS of space...but what are you left with? A shell of the original game that exists only to say you could do it? What's the point?

tl;dr yeah, this is pretty much it.

Rodney

Reactions: artemus3 and Piklz

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

New emulators?

Remember that Hakchi has nothing to do with the other emulators, these are totally different things.

You can expect a new gui with better sorting possibilities, maybe some tweaks & twitches but that is about it.

if some other programmers can create better support for other emulators (like a working Coleco or C64 emu), that would be great, but that has nothing to with Cluster :-)

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only other thing I want hakchi to be able to do is make it so I can play Apple II games.

Also, I have a problem. I have a great game, XMen Children Of The Atom, on my mini. Plays great...except for the intro. In the beginning of the game, there's an attract mode, where it shows what the game plays like and has the Qsound chimes at the beginning before it shows the action. On the mini, the beginning Qsound intro and the attract mode is silent, but the game's sound is find. On my computer, it has all the sounds that it's supposed to have.

Any ideas of what to do ? Do I have to install the qsound.zip somewhere ? If so, where do I put it ?

psygho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,
I m in the GBA games, and most off the games are too bright. In some games i can turn gamma/brightness down. Which takes all in perspective.
Butt most off the games I can not. In retro arch menu, I can find "solar sensor" but it seems to do nothing.
I have latest 07 version of PCM retroarch.

When I set tv brightness down , all is out of balance. besides, rest of emulation is correct brightness! (nestopia, snes,mastersystem,genesis, Atari, etc)
Who have some input ?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, his Reddit account was nuked by the admins as a direct result of that 'loot'.

Rodney

Actually, when I posted it, I said I "would be deleting the magnet link" within a day or two:) I had gold status given to me, due to people being happy with the help I had given them over the last few months on there. It had just expired, hehe:) But, no, I stated...clearly, that I would be deleting it. And, only private messages would get access to it, after that.

From my original post...

"This magnet link will only temporarily be posted. It will be edited, and only be given via private message, after tomorrow:)"

I let it go 2 days, then removed it. I also posted my streamlined method of fixing Access Denied errors, since 1 out of 12 people average had Windows Security, Firewall, Virus Protection conflicts:)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I figured it was something along those lines.

No, you just didn't get to see my original post stating it would be edited, hence, deleted within a day or two:) I promised a lot of people, and didn't want to disappoint them. So, the 1-2 day window was what I gave them. Then, only private message after that:)

I am trying to fiddle around with RetroArch, and trying to change the aspect ratio.
But how can i safe that for a specific core ?
How can i safe at all, every time i restart RetroArch, it has all been cleared.

I actually messaged this to you, when we chatted about ColecoVision. Yes, quick save games, core or game overrides works perfectly for this purpose:)

I'm using Nestopia for running all NES games on my NESC. I want to compress the NES games to save space. Since Hakchi won't do that, how can I?

Manually zip the ROM, and then change the command line to "/bin/nestopia /usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-H-xxxxx/CLV-H-xxxxx.nes.7z"?

https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassicmods/comments/648uoq/easier_compression_for_nes_games/

Last edited by KMFDManic,

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Just my two cents:

What @Cluster and team have accomplished up to now are far beyond many people's expectation. At first, many wanted more games than just 30. It was probably the only thing that everyone wanted from NES Classic. When we could finally made it, people were even more surprised when NESCE could play games from other platforms. It might be the starting point when we had more and more expectations about this console's capability. Just remember when we expect a new accomplishment --which probably won't be as significant as previous ones--, we all have obtained lots of satisfactions from it already within count of months. When all has to stop now, we have won many, so be grateful for everything.

Reactions: HecklerJH

rhester72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, when I posted it, I said I "would be deleting the magnet link" within a day or two:) I had gold status given to me, due to people being happy with the help I had given them over the last few months on there. It had just expired, hehe:) But, no, I stated...clearly, that I would be deleting it. And, only private messages would get access to it, after that.

From my original post...

"This magnet link will only temporarily be posted. It will be edited, and only be given via private message, after tomorrow:)"

I let it go 2 days, then removed it. I also posted my streamlined method of fixing Access Denied errors, since 1 out of 12 people average had Windows Security, Firewall, Virus Protection conflicts:)

No, I knew about that. At the time I looked, Reddit said your _account_ had been deleted - I looked. :) I guess something changed between now and then, but glad to see you're safe and sound over there. :)

Rodney

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• HH.PNG
    HH.PNG
    16.6 KB · Views: 161

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only other thing I want hakchi to be able to do is make it so I can play Apple II games.

Also, I have a problem. I have a great game, XMen Children Of The Atom, on my mini. Plays great...except for the intro. In the beginning of the game, there's an attract mode, where it shows what the game plays like and has the Qsound chimes at the beginning before it shows the action. On the mini, the beginning Qsound intro and the attract mode is silent, but the game's sound is find. On my computer, it has all the sounds that it's supposed to have.

Any ideas of what to do ? Do I have to install the qsound.zip somewhere ? If so, where do I put it ?
I've had that same problem. I've tried puttin in q sound every which way possible and still can't get it to work. Oh well

TheLovelyMissJ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just about any Wii classic controllers should work. I have a generic PS3 style that has the same adapter plug and works for SNES, N64 and Genesis roms. For N64 games there aren't many that work well, but Google them, their easy to find. Drop them into the Hakchi games window, but make sure you uncheck Compress Non NES games from the settings menu first. Or else you won't be able to make in game saves. N64 games won't allow save states. hope that helps
So, for instance, if I want Beatle Adventure Racing, I just search "beatle adventure racing rom"?

evilvoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

*snip*

So do we pm you here or there?

Last edited by evilvoice,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I knew about that. At the time I looked, Reddit said your _account_ had been deleted - I looked. :) I guess something changed between now and then, but glad to see you're safe and sound over there. :)

Rodney

I got mail from reddit saying people gave me gold:) So, I think I am doing ok:)

So, for instance, if I want Beatle Adventure Racing, I just search "beatle adventure racing rom"?

Beetle adventure racing might get better results:)

So do we pm you here or there?

Either or

Thank you. I made a copy of my Hakchi folder before proceeding. I am using v2.14b, by the way. When I run option 4, and then option 1, it only compresses a small fraction of available ROMs. It shows 331 games total, but only 156 are compressed. It says in the lower section that there are 175 ROMs to compress, but it doesn't work. Am I missing a step?

You should try 2.17

I've had that same problem. I've tried puttin in q sound every which way possible and still can't get it to work. Oh well

I am pretty sure I had this one running. I will test again tomorrow.

NES Classic - System Tree Test (Systems SORTED! Very experimental, but also very cool:)
https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassic...classic_system_tree_test_systems_sorted_very/

TonyBiH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Can anyone help me how to write argument for Captain America and Avengers (NES) (CLV-H-PNNHQ) to use retroarch because i'm not advanced user. I would like to use that because NES Classic don't show text in menu and intro properly.

Last edited by TonyBiH,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me how to write argument for Captain America and Avengers (NES) (CLV-H-PNNHQ) to use retroarch because i'm not advanced user. I would like to use that because NES Classic don't show text in menu and intro properly.[/QUOTE

At tail end of argument, leave a space, then type --retroarch --fceumm OR -retroarch --nestopia You, can try both emulators, to see which runs better, for that game.

Reactions: TonyBiH

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should try 2.17
I tried that too. It compressed about 30 of the available 180 games, and no matter how many times I click on Compress All Games, it doesn't touch the NES games.

What happens to the command line once it's done? Is it something I can do manually using 7z to compress the game and update the command line individually?

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to put a game on my mini, but when I did, in the command line section, for the command that tells it what emulator to use, it shows /bin /sc

what is /sc ? The game is supposed to be a Master System game. I watched a video of someone playing it. I'm fairly sure they were using the Fusion emulator on a computer, because the corner of the video showed the words Master System the way it does when I use Fusion. What emulator is /sc ?

Update : I tried the rom on my computer and it DOES work in the Mastersystem/Genesis emulator, Fusion. But it doesn't work on the mini. I tried with /sms, so that it would play like the master system games do. All that showed up was a black screen. So, next, I tried to play it with the default /sc. All THAT did was immediately go back to the menu screen. For a moment, I thought about trying to get the correct version for the system, like I did for the arcade games, but then I remembered that it's NOT an arcade game.

Any ideas of what to do ?

Last edited by Spottedfeather,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1