Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Boognish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then you put samples in the libretro folder ?

inside the system folder,( bios_template.hmod\etc\libretro\system )

make a fba folder or a mame2003 folder ( bios_template.hmod\etc\libretro\system\fba )

inside those folders make a samples folder ( bios_template.hmod\etc\libretro\system\fba\samples)

and put your zipped sounds samples in the samples folder

then re install bios_template.hmod

big thanks to dezign999

Last edited by Boognish,
Reactions: asturnauta

JohnnyOak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, I've been looking around and around and I'm still unsure about command line arguments. What line should I use to tell a GBC game to load with a GBA emulator? This is important for games that are enhanced by it.
And is there any way to salvage the Super Game Boy enhancements? Maybe load the games via the SNES emulator? I'm fine without the borders, I just would like the color enhancements.

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What video settings are you using in RetroArch to fill your tv screens?

In RetroArch:
Settings->Video->Aspect Ration

I'm using 30:17 and seems to fit the screen nicely.

Just curious to see what people are using.

Piklz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pixelpiklz.com
XP
Country
United States
mame2003mini no likey donkeykong ,galaga/84/88(read afterwards it wasnt on list of compatibility prob shouldve check that first lol) but luckly mame2003 does and samples works with it ..mario sqweekyness intact

HecklerJH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so, everything has pretty much run smoothly so far. These games have unsupported mappers though:
- Legend of Getsu Fuma - mapper #23
- I'm Kid Dracula - mapper #23
- Gradius II - mapper #25
- After Burner - mapper #68
- After Burner II - mapper #68
- Batman Return of the Joker - mapper #69
- Gimmick - mapper #69
Does anyone know of any patches to make these work?

Also, Mysterious Murasame Castle doesn't really switch to side B. I've checked it and the command prompt is there, it just doesn't do anything when I press a button. Any idea on what I could be missing?

These should all play fine, but you may have to add " --retroarch --core nestopia" including the spaces in the command line of each game that won't run with NESCE emulator. See below. I have Kid Dracula, Last Starfighter, Batman ROTJ, and Gradius II (oh and obviously Mr. Gimmick) working on mine. You can find translation patches if necessary for these, too. Just need to Google around ;)

upload_2017-3-26_19-19-49.png

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
These should all play fine, but you may have to add " --retroarch --core nestopia" including the spaces in the command line of each game that won't run with NESCE emulator. See below. I have Kid Dracula, Last Starfighter, Batman ROTJ, and Gradius II (oh and obviously Mr. Gimmick) working on mine. You can find translation patches if necessary for these, too. Just need to Google around ;)

View attachment 82525
299MB? You must not have many .hmod files on your system. I can't seem to go over 280 without getting "out of memory" error when flashing the NES.

HecklerJH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In your screenshot, where you have "SNES / Super Famicon (Snes9x 2005)" I instead have "snes9x 2005 _ libretro.so"

I might try to just remove all the retroarch stuff and try to figure out how to get it all back in there, something isn't working right.
Sounds like you installed the wrong file. You need to install snes9x2005.hmod, not the libretro.co file...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I seriously can't get more than like 80mb. Metal slug x is the culprit but 28 mb should be fine
There has to be some save states(large snes2010 saves maybe) still on the NESCE... I did a factory reset and it cleared them out! Albeit, I lost ALL my save states :(

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That seems strange. Should be able to get over 85 for sure. Weird. What's the error you get?
One that says "shell command "tar -xvC/var/lib/hakchi/rootfs/usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi" returned exit code 1: tar: write error: No space left on device" and the other is that big ass one that you posted awhile back.

Sounds like you installed the wrong file. You need to install snes9x2005.hmod, not the libretro.co file...

There has to be some save states(large snes2010 saves maybe) still on the NESCE... I did a factory reset and it cleared them out! Albeit, I lost ALL my save states :(
I never save games but I did factory reset and it still didn't help. Metal slug x is the culprit I believe but it shouldn't be it's only 28mb.

Attachments

• IMG_0914.PNG
    IMG_0914.PNG
    118 KB · Views: 257
Last edited by youngtune27,

HecklerJH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One that says "shell command "tar -xvC/var/lib/hakchi/rootfs/usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi" returned exit code 1: tar: write error: No space left on device" and the other is that big ass one that you posted awhile back.

I never save games but I did factory reset and it still didn't help. Metal slug x is the culprit I believe but it shouldn't be it's only 28mb.
Hmmm... Have you tried deleting Metal Slug from Hakchi and then readding it? There is a particular part of the path in that error that looks odd... But I could be wrong.

upload_2017-3-26_20-13-45.png

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm... Have you tried deleting Metal Slug from Hakchi and then readding it? There is a particular part of the path in that error that looks odd... But I could be wrong.

View attachment 82529
well that picture isn't of my error but it's just like it. The error that I actually put in quotes is from my nes. Yeah metal slug works just fine. I've deleted it and readded it. With metal slug on and working I can't get over 85 without getting that first error and one similar to the second one

Reactions: HecklerJH

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
299MB? You must not have many .hmod files on your system. I can't seem to go over 280 without getting "out of memory" error when flashing the NES.
You must have around 60MB of installed hmods then. The cap appears to be around 345MB for ROMS and cores. My other one which only has CPS2 and Neo Geo cores and fits 339MB worth of ROMs.

Last edited by NESjimbo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo