Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

TruMisery

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks ! Going to test it and let you know. I know use my Windows 7 machine and works fine updating to Hakchi 2.14, great work the new version !

I must confest that i first copy all my 2.13 folders like games, user_mods, images etc to 2.14 Hakchi and then run it. Can that be the problem that 2.14 will now not launch on my WIN10 machine ? I downloaded it again but same issue with the new 2.14 unchanged folder structure. Anyway, going to test your debug advice.

I copy the contents of:

config - to keep my folder structure
data - to keep my modified gamegenei database
dump - already dumped the original, no need to dump a modded one
folder_images - to keep all my customer fodler images
games - to load up all my games with no problems
user_mods - don't want to go through adding mods again

also running windows10 and have not had any problems...

Another thing you can try is to do a complete fresh start... unzip the files to a new folder, don't copy anything over and see if you get the same results... if it works, then try adding 1 folder at a time and try it to find out if you can pinpoint where the issue starts. If it doesn't work right off the bat, then there is an issue somewhere that needs to be corrected.

Last edited by TruMisery,
Reactions: AndyVr and Cluster

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Thanks ! Going to test it and let you know. I know use my Windows 7 machine and works fine updating to Hakchi 2.14, great work the new version !

I must confest that i first copy all my 2.13 folders like games, user_mods, images etc to 2.14 Hakchi and then run it. Can that be the problem that 2.14 will now not launch on my WIN10 machine ? I downloaded it again but same issue with the new 2.14 unchanged folder structure. Anyway, going to test your debug advice.
That shouldn't be a problem.

Question. Saw the youtube vid about upgrading versions.. but wondered.

Couldnt one just download the new version, extract and replace the files in the orig version we had then launch? Or would that not be advised?
I tested it. Works for me as always. I don't know why it's not working for somebody.

Last edited by Cluster,

AndyVr

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have tested all things like rename the Hakchi (2.13) folder and copy the new Hakchi (2.14) folder to another folder and so on but it's not loading, spinning blue loading circle forever. Don't now why it's not loading and 2.13 loads just fine. Going to try the debug version and see if that helps. Thanks for the support already.

Btw, copy my folders from 2.13 to 2.14 on my WIN7 machine is working fine.

Neite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With clovershell is there a way to add games without deleting the previous set? It would be awesome to have multiple setups, one for nes, one for snes, one for genesis etc.

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I have tested all things like rename the Hakchi (2.13) folder and copy the new Hakchi (2.14) folder to another folder and so on but it's not loading, spinning blue loading circle forever. Don't now why it's not loading and 2.13 loads just fine. Going to try the debug version and see if that helps. Thanks for the support already.

Btw, copy my folders from 2.13 to 2.14 on my WIN7 machine is working fine.
Maybe it some antivirus problem? Have you tried to disable antivirus or windows defender? Clovershell module contains network code (used only in debug version), it can be the source of the problem.

With clovershell is there a way to add games without deleting the previous set? It would be awesome to have multiple setups, one for nes, one for snes, one for genesis etc.
With clovershell - yes. With hakchi2 - not yet.

Anyone having any luck with Game Genie codes for non-NES games?
Game Genie is very platform dependent. Actually there is no anything commot between Game Genie codes for different platforms.

Neite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While your on here cluster can you answer this. If I replace the flash memory chip on the board with a bigger one can the software be reloaded? I have the tools and experience to do it but I don't want to if its impossible.

Thanks for all you do!! you have made this console WAY more fun.

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
While your on here cluster can you answer this. If I replace the flash memory chip on the board with a bigger one can the software be reloaded? I have the tools and experience to do it but I don't want to if its impossible.

Thanks for all you do!! you have made this console WAY more fun.
Only if it will be pin-compatible. Not sure about it.

It's better to solder SD-card reader or enable USB-host.

Hacking_Myself

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey @Cluster , great job again. The "hype train" is just here, my friend... Retrogaming forever! :)

Question: can I copy previous hakchi2 2.13e custom kernel to new version?

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I guess after the programming is done the led does not shut off anymore like it use to??

bigjdoberman
Correct. From what I've done anyway.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is the clovercon.hmod that is in the mods/hmods folder of new version already installed, or do we have to put it in user mods and install as a module?

I've got what I think is a 3rd party wii classic pro controller (or a very good clone) that is not working and by the sounds of it 3rd party controllers should now be working.

Reactions: bigjdoberman

AndyVr

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Maybe it some antivirus problem? Have you tried to disable antivirus or windows defender? Clovershell module contains network code (used only in debug version), it can be the source of the problem

Spot On ! It whas Avast Antivirus, i add Hakchi 2.14 to the trusted programs list and launch straight away ! Thanks again for the support. :)

baconcow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi @Cluster, would enabling USB-host eventually allow a an external USB drive to be used (with a split USB cable, offering power) as a storage device (without needing to solder anything)? Is this a future possibility?

Eduardolicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still on 2.13e, came here to ask a question and now i see theres a new version lol

maybe this is changed in 2.14, but if not, how do i disable the default scanline filter that seems to be enabled in retroarch? i'm just using the default version from 2.13e and only for NES games that the built-in emulator doesnt work with. they just look odd with retroarch's scanline method, i'm not a fan of it. is there a mod that will disable this, or a config that can be edited somewhere? changing the options in the retroarch menu doesnt seem to affect anything

Reactions: _Punk_Frog_

ezi0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Cluster
I have just had a look at the wiki where instructions dont seem to be updated yet - does the 30 files restriction still exist? I assume this is a general restriction by the shell itself but wanted to confirm first ..

Thanks for the awesome work!

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found a bug. The Game Genie codes don't seem to work for anything other than NES games. They don't seem to work for SNES, Genesis, or anything else. The space where you put the codes in for SNES and Genesis and others is greyed out. Any

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game