Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I setup both of those yesterday as well. For Sunset Riders I used the EBC version (USA) of the 2-player mode, and then combined that w the 4-player version and created a zip file that I named ssrdrebc.zip. It was super easy to setup and worked perfect with MAME2003.
Okay so you got ssrdrebc but the other dude has ssrdrubc. Both of them work?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I setup both of those yesterday as well. For Sunset Riders I used the EBC version (USA) of the 2-player mode, and then combined that w the 4-player version and created a zip file that I named ssrdrebc.zip. It was super easy to setup and worked perfect with MAME2003.
Is it tmnt22p or tmnt22pu. I see 2 different things. If it's tmnt22pu for child rom wouldn't that have to be the name. Not tmnt22p? Or is there 2 diff child roms you can get.

Last edited by youngtune27,

Kobe46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay so you got ssrdrebc but the other dude has ssrdrubc. Both of them work?

Is it tmnt22p or tmnt22pu. I see 2 different things. If it's tmnt22pu for child rom wouldn't that have to be the name. Not tmnt22p? Or is there 2 diff child roms you can get.

For the part that @LuckY07 used ssrdrebc.zip vs ssrdrubc.zip just means he used the European rom version and I used the USA rom version that is all.
I posted earlier on page 378:

Letters at end of some Arcade Roms
AAA = Asia
EAA = Euro
EAB = Euro
JAA = Japan
JAB = Japan
UAB = USA
UBC = USA

For getting the correct filenames that Mame2003 core uses I would go off of this list that was provided from @LuckY07: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet..._0ZuvRVEMqlfQyTVetnOJvuJc/edit#gid=1744967714
If you look at the first column, filename, that should be the one you are looking for Mame2003 to read when you add the games with hakchi.

So from the list, I noticed that mame2003 reads the 2-player tmnt2 as tmnt22p and not tmnt22pu (most places will be seeing this version of the 2-Player rom). I would reference that spreadsheet to confirm things will work.

I hope that helps.

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the part that @LuckY07 used ssrdrebc.zip vs ssrdrubc.zip just means he used the European rom version and I used the USA rom version that is all.
I posted earlier on page 378:

Letters at end of some Arcade Roms
AAA = Asia
EAA = Euro
EAB = Euro
JAA = Japan
JAB = Japan
UAB = USA
UBC = USA

For getting the correct filenames that Mame2003 core uses I would go off of this list that was provided from @LuckY07: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet..._0ZuvRVEMqlfQyTVetnOJvuJc/edit#gid=1744967714
If you look at the first column, filename, that should be the one you are looking for Mame2003 to read when you add the games with hakchi.

So from the list, I noticed that mame2003 reads the 2-player tmnt2 as tmnt22p and not tmnt22pu (most places will be seeing this version of the 2-Player rom). I would reference that spreadsheet to confirm things will work.

I hope that helps.
Ssrdrebd is the one I used. World 2 players ebd. So if that's Europe what's different on the US one.

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a thought - is it possible either to run the NES Mini kernel in some kind of Linux virtual machine, and are there any Linux applications that could be run on the NES Mini?

Lychees09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hello, I am trying to run the games Neo Geo with Mame2003 someone can give me the procedure please? Thank you and a good day to you ...

Mamertos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is possible to put different music in each folder? Or can you add only one archive of music for the whole main menu? Thanks.

nespas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Question regarding controllers using more than two buttons:
I have seen several types of controllers which are compatible with the NESC. However, I'm interested to know which one(s) work(s) best and are compatible with most systems.
I only plan to change my controller for SNES, Megadrive (Genesis), Neo Geo and possibly some Arcade games (but not those using more than 4 buttons).
Has anybody tested various models and made some sort of workbench ?
Thanks.

Eggman85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone tell me what video option is the retroarch to improve the graphics and how to remove the warning signs? Thank you!

bojr1005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't messed around too much with the 64 games, but which emulator are you using? Which games? What core/hmods do you have installed? It sounds like display issues and most likely core issue or maybe something wrong with your RetroArch. Or a bad rom, but if it happens to all games then more than likely not...

Try resintalling the hmods and retroarch and see if it clears up

thanks for the help. Yeah its not working at all. My NESC works perfect with all N64 games. I am using the same computer with Hakchi and everything downloaded the same....I just plugged a friends NESC and downloaded everything off of my same hakchi. Problem is, mine works find and his is ONLY having issues with the N64 games. I even installed a new hakchi on another computer and re did everything. Just not sure LOL. thanks for the tips!!!

Salvo85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Does anyone know why my N64 games won't work? the pictures won't load well. Please let me know if I'm missing something here. SNES, Sega, NES games all work. n64 games load but then do not work. thanks
Try to download last version of n64 core (first unistall previous one) and put n64 roms in a specific folder. The games must be not too big

bojr1005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question regarding controllers using more than two buttons:
I have seen several types of controllers which are compatible with the NESC. However, I'm interested to know which one(s) work(s) best and are compatible with most systems.
I only plan to change my controller for SNES, Megadrive (Genesis), Neo Geo and possibly some Arcade games (but not those using more than 4 buttons).
Has anybody tested various models and made some sort of workbench ?
Thanks.

I actually ended up purchasing 2 original controllers for both SNES and N64. I then bought a compatible adapter and have tested and they work perfect. I'm able to plug my original SNES or N64 controllers to this adapter, 100% success rate thus far. I've emailed the company asking if they can make an adapter for Sega Genesis controllers that would be compatible. I'm not seeing that yet though.
http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/adap_snes_n64_gc_to_wiimote/index.php

Try to download last version of n64 core (first unistall previous one) and put n64 roms in a specific folder. The games must be not too big

thanks - yeah i've tried that too, still doesn't work. I guess i see 3 different N64 cores. none of them have worked thus far. If anyone knows the best core to use for N64, please let me know.

Reactions: chillmodious

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can anyone comment on how Turf Masters golf (Neo Geo) is running with the mame2003 core? On the google doc sheet is says sound is laggy while putting.

Boognish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone comment on how Turf Masters golf (Neo Geo) is running with the mame2003 core? On the google doc sheet is says sound is laggy while putting.

could be the best golf game to mod on to the nesc. but ive only played a few holes

& the music is horrendous

Last edited by Boognish,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O