Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
not sure how to get it to work...should i be editing one of the cfg files?
This is good to know, honoustly I wouldn't know since I don't have one, you might want to try that out. I have a Wii classic controller which works fine. The only thing is that I can't get the left analog stick to work, now I see Quake running I kind of hoped it would be working.

Last edited by jelmer,

warren3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is good to know, honoustly I wouldn't know you might want to try that out. I have a Wii classic controller which works fine. The only thing is that I can't get the left analog stick to work, now I see Quake running I kind of hoped it would be working.
i'd be willing to test/edit - but someone may have to walk me through it. can't wait to FULLY play these SNES games ;)

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
i'd be willing to test/edit - but someone may have to walk me through it. can't wait to FULLY play these SNES games ;)
I can't help you there mate, but those controllers are not uncommon hopefully someone can help you out that actually owns one. I have no idea where even to start. It is interesting though, I assume it just works fine in the regular GUI of the NESCE right? I was just about to pick one up.

warren3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes - let me clarify. 8bitdo NES30 works fine on any of the standard NES games, just not fully compatible with RetroArch SNES games. the buttons aren't mapped correctly.

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
yes - let me clarify. 8bitdo NES30 works fine on any of the standard NES games, just not fully compatible with RetroArch SNES games. the buttons aren't mapped correctly.
In that case I am sure you should be able to remap them correctly, I am in public transport right now so no access to my NES (just my iPad) otherwise I could take a look. I will try to remember... If you don't have a response and result from someone else till tomorrow I will take a look into this.

Last edited by jelmer,

warren3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In that case I am sure you should be able to remap them correctly, I am in public transport right now so no access to my NES (just my iPad) otherwise I could take a look. I will try to remember... If you don't have a response and result from someone else till tomorrow I will take a look into this.
many thanks, man!

Reactions: jelmer

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
many thanks, man!
I'm deleting the parts with controller configuration. In this video minute 6:45
You can see the menu, only press A and the the button than you want to work that way.

Rgs.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Hour of 16 Arcade Games running on Mini NES Classic in RetroArch core FBA 2012.

Robocop, Sunset Riders,Pang, Super Pang works very well... but others soso... or badly.

Please, enjoy!

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crazy random thought - since its linux based, if you were able to understand the controller port well enough, could there potentially be a wifi adapter and hacked in wireless drivers and connectivity?

im thinking its not impossible, but not probable to occur.

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can see the menu, only press A and the the button than you want to work that way.

Rgs.

After the new release 2.12 or one thereafter, will a controller like the 8bitdo or my arcade gamepad pro automatically configure to play SNES games or will we have the option to map out the buttons?
1 Hour of 16 Arcade Games running on Mini NES Classic in RetroArch core FBA 2012.

Robocop, Sunset Riders,Pang, Super Pang works very well... but others soso... or badly.

Please, enjoy!

Rgs.

warren3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Rgs.

Please, enjoy!

Rgs.

hm - tried it, but then something screwed up to where some buttons were mapped twice? must be an 8bitdo thing. now the issue is, can't control retroarch menu anymore - is there a way to get it back to default settings without reflashing?

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
hm - tried it, but then something screwed up to where some buttons were mapped twice? must be an 8bitdo thing. now the issue is, can't control retroarch menu anymore - is there a way to get it back to default settings without reflashing?
Try to reset mini. If don't work, you need to reflash.

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,

Parallax2814

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I'm getting the occasional C8 error, do I need to be worried or possibly reflash?

(I have 701 games on the mini. v2.11, all NES, no Retroarch, 30 games per folder.)

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Cluster Question for you. When the new release is out with RA will it automatically configure controllers? There are some 3rd party controllers that have all the buttons required to play SNES games. So will it automatically map the buttons for these controllers to play SNES games?

Thanks in advance.

DbD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This now works on nes mini?

@Beathil - I will still have to test this when I get home but according to the site it will work on the NES mini.

· Changed the mapper from 25 to 5 (MMC5)
* Now works with NES Mini

But this is an arcade port so it will have some changes and does not have the 2 player option.

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country

Please, enjoy!

Rgs.

Pang and rainbow Islands run very well... Robocop sound is off and stutters sadly (and yes the others aren't great). Thank you very much for testing them out as that's much appreciated.

I see there appear to be 2 additional Fba cores in the nightly builds that will be useable (fb_alpha_liberto and fbalpha_liberto) so hopefully these will run those older Arcade games better than the 2012 core?

Last edited by MrTea,

Mervil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lots of cool stuff being discussed in this thread now.
But basic question:
I put all the mega man games on my NES mini, but they are sorted out of order. the included mega man 2 comes after mega man 1, 3-6. I believe its because MEGA MAN 2 as a TM superscript. Is there a way to put that TM superscript on my other mega man titles? or remove it from mega man 2? I'm looking to have a superscript, and not just big ugly "TM" in the title.

Last edited by Mervil,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol