Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Folder Manager finished! Need to test it now. There are many changes and work since last version, so I need to test it carefully. You can download source code from GitHub, compile and test it too.

crYIozUxOqo.jpg

I'm not sure: release it now or spend some more time on modules and retroarch support?

Reyn_the_Insane

Mega Man Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long (few months/weeks) as i have been busy with Hakchi2 on this forum, i wanted to know if other emulators would work, and today i found out they do.
So i should be glad right ?
Yes i am, but maybe i wanted it to be more easy, i saw the video of our good friend Nesito, his video's helped me pick games for my kids, and i think he did an awesome job for this forum.
But i saw his new video about RetroArch and i wished it would be more easier or maybe more beautiful.
Maybe i had a picture in my head how other emulators would run on the Mini NES, maybe with the same Mini NES retro screen, with the menu music we all love, but with choices.
For instance, a list of Folders, NES, SNES, GB, SMS, SMD, maybe even Coleco or PCE.
You would then go into the SNES folder, and see all the games there, with their box art, the same way as we see our NES games now.
Maybe someone is working on that, maybe never, but if that day comes, i will start to try to run RetroArch, but for now, i will stay with my NES games, i just have the feeling, that it is too soon...just my two cents :-)
GBA games run pretty slow. Either play them at 25 or 30 fps, or not at all.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Folder Manager finished! Need to test it now. There are many changes and work since last version, so I need to test it carefully. You can download source code from GitHub, compile and test it too.

crYIozUxOqo.jpg

I'm not sure: release it now or spend some more time on modules and retroarch support?
BOI... So are custom folders possible now?

CalamityRaven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd test this version then release it and give Retroarch support a bit more time to sort the useful cores out and get it integrated with the frontend. Save state support exactly like Nintendos will probably be a pain.

Having some way of knowing how much space you're using is going to be a lot more important with RetroArch too.

Reactions: Hacking_Myself

Parallax2814

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For me personally, I'll be skipping the SNES emulation on the NES Classic and just focusing on NES games. (It'd feel weird for me playing SNES games on an "NES system".)

Has anyone been able to get zipped games working on hakchi2? Everytime I try adding a zip file its seems to auto extract the rom into its own folder. I'm trying to consolidate space on the Classic and my understanding was it can run zipped roms. Or is that only for adding roms and not actually storing them in a zipped format?

Reyn_the_Insane

Mega Man Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me personally, I'll be skipping the SNES emulation on the NES Classic and just focusing on NES games. (It'd feel weird for me playing SNES games on an "NES system".)

Has anyone been able to get zipped games working on hakchi2? Everytime I try adding a zip file its seems to auto extract the rom into its own folder. I'm trying to consolidate space on the Classic and my understanding was it can run zipped roms. Or is that only for adding roms and not actually storing them in a zipped format?
To each his own, I'm infatuated with my Mini now, now that I can play SMRPG on an NES.

NESCLASSIC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say release this one with the custom folders and let retroarch be part of the next release. Speaking of retroarch what emulators are currently working just SNES and Genesis?

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
@Cluster OMG great picture! But in my opinion better wait, but the people can ask ;)

Videos on mini nes running some games on RetroArch.

Also I'm render a NeoGeo and CPS1 games but I cannot play because only have Mini NES controller. But You can check emulation and tests like frame-rate. Now It's time to FDS check with FCEumm. ;)

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,

Hacking_Myself

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

crYIozUxOqo.jpg

If it's stable, launch this release now... Add Retroarch later.

Reactions: TxFxL

BorntoPlay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

i dont need retroarch on my nes classic, so you could released right now... thanks!!

Reactions: Hellequin and DbD

anth0ny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try and post your results. I suspect can be the problem.

Rgs.

used 7zip
flashed original kernal
flashed new kernal with 90 games total split in custom folders, no folder with more than 30, retroarch in MAIN...

Red Light wont go off! at the Too Many ROMs msg :(

DbD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

crYIozUxOqo.jpg

@Cluster Oh wow, that looks sweet. :D I would also agree with releasing it once it's stable and have the retroarch support in the next version. :)

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
used 7zip
flashed original kernal
flashed new kernal with 90 games total split in custom folders, no folder with more than 30, retroarch in MAIN...

Are you using the latest hakchi2 that you need to build/compiled from github? If don't , you cannot use more that ~30 games (maybe a little more) along the Retroarch posted by pcm. As you can see in the video about the process that I put before(you can put more on libretto/roms/ )

Rgs.

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
used 7zip
flashed original kernal

Can you archive the whole hakchi2 directory and send it to me? I'll test this configuration.

Piklz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pixelpiklz.com
XP
Country
United States

crYIozUxOqo.jpg

looks great!, release this like others said if its done/your happy? ...spend some more time on retroarch when you can if people want megadrive and snes they can buy a raspberry pi setup lol i prefer non buggy software with worth while modules ... also this '.desktop' modifying to launch directly,looks cool to add in future

Last edited by Piklz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1