Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Retro arcade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great tool. Think there would be a way to remove the little arrow that goes over the small thumbnails? That way if you remove all of them you won't have a moving arrow point at nothing.

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I deleted the thumbnails for some games, it left a distracting white square or something on the menu. I was wondering, if we knew the exact background color and replaced all thumbnails with a very small like 4x4 square pixel of that color for the thumbnail, would that get rid of the ugly white box and at the same time still keep memory usage relatively low? That arrow would still point as you browsed the game list, though.

Bin4ry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does somebody has uart on the console and can tell me why this kernel module will not load?
I added back to home menu when pressing down&select [like proposed from cluster] to controller source, compiled the module and added it to my init files, but it does not work. It would be nice if somebody with uart can tell me whats wrong.

Download:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3l36qXIC0HdRjdlR1k2ZTFXV1E

Best Regards
Bin4ry

Hacking_Myself

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyone have tested this ROM?

Sonic The Hedgehog (NES) Improvement
SonicTheHedgehogImprovement_Title.png

VirgileVILE

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it possible to dump the boxart of the 30 games included, to create "perfect copies" in the nes menu (but without the thumbnails and demos)? Thanks in advance.

Retro arcade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway to factory reset the nes mini? I want to remove this hack.

Restore your stock kernel

Is there a way to remove the anti-seizure filter yet?

There is a command you can add to the end of each game

Is it possible to dump the boxart of the 30 games included, to create "perfect copies" in the nes menu (but without the thumbnails and demos)? Thanks in advance.

Better looking box art can be found for those over what even they used.

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I spent two days trying to make custom controller driver to work (for reset on button combination feature). It's loading successfully but after it NES Mini ignores all buttons :( I can't understand why.

That's amazing Cluster! Please let us know the results!
Please send me ROM into PM.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does somebody has uart on the console and can tell me why this kernel module will not load?
I added back to home menu when pressing down&select [like proposed from cluster] to controller source, compiled the module and added it to my init files, but it does not work. It would be nice if somebody with uart can tell me whats wrong.

Download:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3l36qXIC0HdRjdlR1k2ZTFXV1E

Best Regards
Bin4ry
So you doing it to! I'll test.
upd: Your file has invalid vermagic. This is correct one: 3.4.112 SMP preempt mod_unload ARMv7
Your vermagic: 3.4.112 SMP mod_unload ARMv7 p2v8

Last edited by Cluster,

Bin4ry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I spent two days trying to make custom controller driver to work (for reset on button combination feature). It's loading successfully but after it NES Mini ignores all buttons :( I can't understand why.

So you doing it to! I'll test.
upd: Your file has invalid vermagic. This is correct one: 3.4.112 SMP preempt mod_unload ARMv7
Your vermagic: 3.4.112 SMP mod_unload ARMv7 p2v8

Hmm, ok thanks for testing, here is the new version with correct vermagic:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3l36qXIC0HdcUNrSFgtcmViWHM

I hope this driver works, strange that on your one the controller does not work at all. How did you compile it and against which sources?

Best Regards

EDIT: Reupload! Please test :-)

Last edited by Bin4ry,

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hmm, ok thanks for testing, here is the new version with correct vermagic:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3l36qXIC0HdcUNrSFgtcmViWHM

I hope this driver works, strange that on your one the controller does not work at all. How did you compile it and against which sources?

Best Regards

EDIT: Reupload! Please test :-)
It has save vermagic: 3.4.112 SMP mod_unload ARMv7 p2v8
You can check vermagic using "modinfo" command.

I'm using source code from Nintendo's site: http://data.nintendo.co.jp/oss/NintendoEntertainmentSystemNESClassicEdition_OSS.zip
clovercon-km-6b883396add00817aa112e0ec4dbc112def803e8.zip and linux-9ed0e6c8612113834e9af9d16a3e90b573c488ca.tar.gz

I configured Linux kernel to match vermagic: selected sunxi platform, enabled SMP, disabled p2v8, enabled EABI, selected preempt.
After this I compiled source of clovercon.ko using "ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf-" parameters.
This module loads withouts any errors. "lsmod" command shows it. But NES Mini is not responding any buttons after it :(
I also tried to replace original clovercon.ko - same problem. Module is loaded, gamepads are not working after it.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure this has been asked before, but can you install patched roms such as Metroid ; Rogue Dawn or simple translation?

Also, is is possible to delete the original collection to make room for an entirely alternative set?

Sly_NES

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cluster, this hack is just what I needed to make my mini NES incredible. Thank you!

I'm not one to look a gift Russian in the mouth, but here's my take on good upgrades:

- System controller reset, which you are working on!
- A way to disable the thumbnails and arrow, which would open up the mini to run with more ROMS.
- Mario All Stars hack isn't running well with the MMC5. Mini NES is the perfect application for this hack! Would be great to use.

That's it other than bugs IMO.
Sent you a little somthin' somthin'. Thanks again!

Seiza616

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am in the process of following the instructions for a Mac that were posted a few pages back in this thread.

In the instructions it says you need to download the win7 virtual machine which requires 10+ GB of space. I currently have 21GB left on my computer, is that enough space to download the machine as well as to complete the hakchi2 protocol?

RetrogamerX

Trophies
XP
Country
Hopefully you'll figure it out cluster...That reset with the controller would be a huge deal for everybody.

I want this as well, but can't wait much longer for this feature. Might just grab a 8bitdo nes mini classic receiver w/ controller instead. Down+Select resets the mini

lasersocks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have an issue where installed games don't show up. Every step works beautifully, and then when the device boots up after the last step all it has is the original games and nothing else. I have tried multiple times on multiple computers and reseting everything including drivers.

I'm not sure how I am the only one with this issue, but I can't find anybody else who has this problem. Its as if nothing is installing.

Anybody seen this?

Edit: I guess this is the reset bug. Is there a solution to this?

Last edited by lasersocks,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy