Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just had this thought, you you guys think we can put the Nes classic kernel on the Snes mini and also the other way around? not super practical but just some thought I had...

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do some of the English translated roms and other hacks work? Is there a list of compatible roms and hacks floating around?
Just wanna know before I order a Famicom mini
Just had this thought, you you guys think we can put the Nes classic kernel on the Snes mini and also the other way around? not super practical but just some thought I had...

No, it does a check to verify exact kernel size, and if it fails...it errors out.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I tested out getting other "Filters" working with the Mini NES, and have been successful. But, much like codec packs, where there is a Light, Regular, and Ultimate Version...I may do 3 RetroArch versions to compensate for this. a Standard, an Extreme, with a @#$load of Filters to tinker with, and a Median version, right smack dab in the middle! I got 2xsai (screen smoothing) working, and it looks nice! But, expect a variety of graphical options (over 500!) to tinker with, next time I update my Core Set, probably by tomorrow:) I got it to work with practically every Core I tested it with, after the right initial set-up! This is fantastic for Cores that do not function well with CRT Filter Hack. I will release this Updated Retro-Arch, as well as a video! I also got Slow-Motion working, which will help out on games like Gradius, particularly during some trickier sections, such as boss battles! This will also be a video:)

Last edited by KMFDManic,
Reactions: TheWez1981

TheWez1981

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Super_Mario_Bros._World_-170803-204106.png

Super_Mario_Bros._World_-170824-221446.png

I hope it looks like this :D

Mamertos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! I'm gonna ask it one more time before everyone begins talking about the snes mini every day. Is there a way to create your own demo mode for the nes mini? Would be useful a tool or a tutorial for that. I'm happy now with my hacked nes mini anyway, thanks to everyone for this thread and special to Cluster.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NES Classic - CRT Filter Hack & RetroArch Extreme Updates:) Support for over 500 additional Filters!!!

First we had the CRT Filter Hack! Now, we have the ability to play games with a variety of filters, around 500, in fact! You can do such nifty things as slow motion, pseudo 3d, 2xsal, and many many more! Enjoy!

Download the necessary HMODS (RetroArch CRT Filter Hack & RetroArch Extreme) to use the 500+ Filters from my Mega HMOD Thread Topic on Reddit:)

https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassicmods/comments/6j2zoo/the_mega_hmod_thread/

Personal thanks to:

Code & Contributions by Tmnt4242, hizzlekizzle, Kobe46. I also credit any unknown contributors.
Testing by rob3d, RockstarGTA6, TheWez1981
Template by pcm/Module by rhester72/Updated & Tweaked by KMFDManic
NES Mini port by madmonkey
NES Mini shell integration by Cluster
(c) 2017

Reactions: Oleboy555

tatundria

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Please, I need some help. I accidentally deleted my hakchi2 folder. Is there anyway to recover all the roms that I have installed on my nes mini? I can see them in the nes, but I cannot dump them to windows to recover my game list on hakchi. Besides, if I add a new game to the nes with the "synchronize" option, will I lose all the custom installed games on my nes?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please, I need some help. I accidentally deleted my hakchi2 folder. Is there anyway to recover all the roms that I have installed on my nes mini? I can see them in the nes, but I cannot dump them to windows to recover my game list on hakchi. Besides, if I add a new game to the nes with the "synchronize" option, will I lose all the custom installed games on my nes?

You can recover them using FTP.

And, yes, only selected games in Hakchi2 make the transfer.

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Hi! I'm gonna ask it one more time before everyone begins talking about the snes mini every day. Is there a way to create your own demo mode for the nes mini? Would be useful a tool or a tutorial for that. I'm happy now with my hacked nes mini anyway, thanks to everyone for this thread and special to Cluster.
No

tatundria

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You can recover them using FTP.

And, yes, only selected games in Hakchi2 make the transfer.

When I try to use ftp, filezilla says "cannot retrieve directory listing". How can I fix this? I am using windows virtual machine on mac and I have already activated Active FTP mode and disabled firewall but still no luck

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to use ftp, filezilla says "cannot retrieve directory listing". How can I fix this? I am using windows virtual machine on mac and I have already activated Active FTP mode and disabled firewall but still no luck

Send me a private message, to make things easier.

OpTIMusPrimeNeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You never had to use notepad. All you gotta do is copy and paste the retroarch+hmods into user mods directory, within hakchi2.
So I still copy and paste before I add retroarch and other modules to the Classic.

So I still copy and paste before I add retroarch and other modules to the Classic.
You never had to use notepad. All you gotta do is copy and paste the retroarch+hmods into user mods directory, within hakchi2.
so if retroarch.hmod is already in my user mods folder, I'm good to go?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

so if retroarch.hmod is already in my user mods folder, I'm good to go?

You still need to install it, using hakchi2, if you hadn't already.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I do that

In my hakchi it shows modules that I can install. If it shows that, is it good to go?

Yes, if they show up, that is good. And, to see which ones are actually already installed. Power on your Mini NES, and after several seconds, it should enter Clovershell Mode, and allow the HMODS that are installed to show up in the list, when you click uninstall. If that doesn't work, just install any HMOD, then click uninstall after, to see a refreshed list. This is good to check, to ensure you do not have any duplicate HMODS, or such. You always need RetroArch HMOD installed, no matter what. The rest, are on a as needed basis.

OpTIMusPrimeNeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, if they show up, that is good. And, to see which ones are actually already installed. Power on your Mini NES, and after several seconds, it should enter Clovershell Mode, and allow the HMODS that are installed to show up in the list, when you click uninstall. If that doesn't work, just install any HMOD, then click uninstall after, to see a refreshed list. This is good to check, to ensure you do not have any duplicate HMODS, or such. You always need RetroArch HMOD installed, no matter what. The rest, are on a as needed basis.
Now as for adding roms for gb/gbc exc...
Do I add them like the NES games or do I need a folder made?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sparking zero is looking pretty good but not $70 good