Hacking HackMii Installer v0.7

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Am0s said:
hi all a quick question about priiloader, I read all 16 pages and still none the wiser, maybe I missed something I dunno, I just powered up my wii after moving house and I updated to 1.07, and updated priiloader to 0.4 but still get this missing title id thing, do I have to wait for a priiloader update to get it to autoboot?

I am on 4.1E and dont want to update to 4.3E if possible
Yes, you need to either wait for an official Priiloader full-version update or use the updated beta Priiloader v0.5 (beta 5). This is because HBC v1.07 title ID has changed from HBC 1.06.

BTW: If you used the search thread topic function (where it says Enter Keywords next to the mag glass in the lower right bottom of every thread) it would of taken to the previously posted answer. Be kind, search before asking
tongue.gif

-[]D

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Am0s said:
hi all a quick question about priiloader, I read all 16 pages and still none the wiser, maybe I missed something I dunno, I just powered up my wii after moving house and I updated to 1.07, and updated priiloader to 0.4 but still get this missing title id thing, do I have to wait for a priiloader update to get it to autoboot?

U have to install Priiloader V0.5 beta 4 then use 'Check for update' to upgrade/install V0.5 beta 5.
(V0.5 beta 5 works well to launch new HBC 1.0.7)

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PPSainity said:
Am0s said:

Yes, you need to either wait for an official Priiloader full-version update or use the updated beta Priiloader v0.5 (beta 5). This is because HBC v1.07 title ID has changed from HBC 1.06.

-[]D

thanks for the info

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone clarify EXACTLY what this may or may not benefit or be used for. A hypothetical practicle use ?

-Ability to not reload IOS when launching an application.
This effectively means that loaded applications inherit the title id, gaining direct hardware access via HW_AHBPROT.
To use this feature, add to the node in your meta.xml file.
wiiloaded binaries automatically gain direct hardware access.
libogc SVN (starting with r4166) has been extended for this feature. DI_Init() will detect if an application has been launched this way, and DVD access should just work without any changes to your code.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ChokeD said:
Could someone clarify EXACTLY what this may or may not benefit or be used for. A hypothetical practicle use ?

-Ability to not reload IOS when launching an application.
This effectively means that loaded applications inherit the title id, gaining direct hardware access via HW_AHBPROT.
To use this feature, add to the node in your meta.xml file.
wiiloaded binaries automatically gain direct hardware access.
libogc SVN (starting with r4166) has been extended for this feature. DI_Init() will detect if an application has been launched this way, and DVD access should just work without any changes to your code.

Practical use: Allows playing DVDs without installing anything (e.g. a hidden channel or cIOS)

Also, allows you to disable MEM2 protection and then patch the currently running IOS with ANY patches you want (e.g remove signature checking so you can install fakesigned content with NO exploits, or you can use USB2.0 without a cIOS, or any other patches, like ES_Identify and NAND Permissions etc.).

However, you MUST use the IOS that HBC is using (in most cases IOS61 AFAIK), as if the app reloads IOS, hardware access via HW_AHBPROT is lost.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tueidj said:
I'd like to see you use USB2 without a cIOS or IOS58 (which HBC won't use).
Well, thats exactly the sort of thing HW_AHBPROT allows. You can apply ANY patch to the currently running IOS, including USB2.0 patch. Any cIOS could be theoretically "run" without it actually being installed using this. Although it must use HBC's IOS as a base.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
SifJar said:
Prophet6000 said:
When updating i unistalled bootmii how do i install it back?
Run HackMii Installer and install it again. Duh.
actually, technically u only have to run the installer and bootmii as IOS gets installed automatically (but u are correct, u have to manually reinstall it to boot2 if its capable of being installed there)

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SifJar said:
tueidj said:
I'd like to see you use USB2 without a cIOS or IOS58 (which HBC won't use).
Well, thats exactly the sort of thing HW_AHBPROT allows. You can apply ANY patch to the currently running IOS, including USB2.0 patch. Any cIOS could be theoretically "run" without it actually being installed using this. Although it must use HBC's IOS as a base.
And I'll say again, I'd like to see you (or anyone else) do it. USB2 is not just a "patch", it's a whole new module being loaded. Typically it has to be loaded before the regular USB modules which makes the task even harder.
Same goes for the custom DI module, it's not just a patch but extra code is added and the module size extended.

XFlak: wasn't my fault, I made the usbstorage code more stable (without it HBC kept crashing after 2 hours on my wii) but someone broke something else (same bug causes the restart glitch).

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MLRX said:
could i just dump this to a wad and edit it back to the old channel title?
Why on earth would you do that? Anyway, no. Why not? Because you'd get scam warning everytime you run it, and it'd maybe be upside down.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, btw how are you?