Hacking HackMii/ BootMii what am I installing???

oxMUDxo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just downloaded BootMii but the File says HackMii is HackMii slang for BootMii are they the same thing???

If so I have two questions..

1. The folder has a few files in it all I need is "installer_beta1.elf" and change it to boot.elf right?

2. I want to install it to Boot 2 but I have PreLoader installed is it safe to install it there?

Sorry this is such a noob question, I just don't want anything bad to happen to my Wii..
After my NAND is backed up I can afford to be more brave..

Thanks to anyone doesn't says GOOGLE!!!!
I hate that.. Lets help each other..
rolleyes.gif

Thanks again.

wiihacker3000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first yes rename to boot.elf

and second dont worry if you have the HBC and the dvdx thing installed just choose

bootmii

install bootmii as boot2

and watch it say success if ur wii can handle it(older Wiis can), if not u will be able to use its features but without nand....

and yes once u have nand back up you can never be bricked without bieng able to fix it

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
about the HackMii/BootMii thing. HackMii is the blog Team Twiizers (Makers of BootMii, DVDx and Homebrew Channel) use to publish stuff. They decided for the BootMii installer to run BootMii, DVDx and HBC into one and called it HackMii installer because it installs all three HackMii programs. Just to clear that up. Your other questions were already answered.

oxMUDxo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed BootMii to Boot2,..
Now how do I back up that silly NAND and how much room do I need on my SD Card?

1,000,000 thanks for everyone today.
smile.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
in the bootmii menu pick the fourth icon
it will create 1 nand.bin file, 528MB in size
If your card is not fat32, the application will format it. So backup its content first!

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The fourth icon actually brings up a second set of icons. The backup nand icon will be the first icon on that list of icons then restoring it would be the second one. and since its 528 MB you need at least a 1GB card, and yes just have the bootmii files on the card after backing up everything else on it beforehand then it'll say it has to format. So it will format it, then write the bootmii files to it again then back up the nand to it. Then you can just copy that over to your pc and put your old files back on it again.

FOUNTAINEER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can i skip installation of dvdx or homebrew channel and just install bootmii from hackmii? I was thinking of installing bootmii on my virgin 3.4u wii do a backup of nand and then install more stuff. just want to have as clean nand as possible since i can.

oxMUDxo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FOUNTAINEER,

Yes you can thats what I did and everything works..

EDIT....

My Wii seems a little buggy now the Wii Mote will turn off and I cant get it to turn back on the batteries are new, I tried a few different ones..
Also I cant get the Wii mote to work with the BootMii menu only the GameCube controller will work is that normal?

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
oxMUDxo said:
Also I cant get the Wii mote to work with the BootMii menu only the GameCube controller will work is that normal?

Yes. There is no bluetooth support in Bootmii - you have to use either a Gamecube controller, or the power/reset buttons.

(Read the readme)

oxMUDxo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, SenorClean..

There is no READ ME file!!

But my WiiMote will turn off randomly dunning a game on the Wii menu etc. and I have to resat my Wii to get the WiiMote to work again..?

Whats up with that?

EDIT..
I installed it to Boot2 if that helps..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo