squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its taking its time to appear! Im still convinced that this is the real deal though
smile.gif

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, PS3 hacking would be EXTREMELY complicated. How much are blank Blu-ray Discs these days? Downloading PS3 games would be an extreme pain in the ass and you would have to get a Blu-ray burner which is like $500. Sorry guys, but let's leave the PS3 as it be. Maybe in like 2-3 years we might see it hacked. But for now, the PS3 is good on it's own for now. We can't hack every console in existence, can we?

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
To be honest, PS3 hacking would be EXTREMELY complicated. How much are blank Blu-ray Discs these days? Downloading PS3 games would be an extreme pain in the ass and you would have to get a Blu-ray burner which is like $500. Sorry guys, but let's leave the PS3 as it be. Maybe in like 2-3 years we might see it hacked. But for now, the PS3 is good on it's own for now. We can't hack every console in existence, can we?
Why would we want to stop? Hacking isn't limited to just playing backups but also play emulators, having apps, etc. Hacking isn't always about playing backups.
lecture.gif

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raiyu245 said:
Link5084 said:
Why would we want to stop? Hacking isn't limited to just playing backups but also play emulators, having apps, etc. Hacking isn't always about playing backups.
lecture.gif
Even then, playing backups wouldn't be that complicated. Maybe more expensive but not complicated. This is supposed to be a hack for running games off the HDD, or do people not know how to read the topic or know any other way backups are played beside the methods the Wii uses? Downloading a game would only be a pain for people with slow connections or people that don't know how to get games a faster way...I think MGS4 is around 32 GB? Lost Odyssey is about 25 GB in all and people had no problem downloading that.

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also use a Linux install on the PS3 to dump the games, then you can rent and dump all the games your little pirate hearts would desire
laugh.gif
J/K, great news and if it costs me 2 $60 500gb HDD's to be able to run PS3 backups, its worth it in my book. Think about it, you buy a new PS3 and your more than likely going to buy a couple games with it, and at almost $60 a piece for games you are saving tons of money just buying hard-drives instead. Then as I mentioned, just rent (or borrow) a few PS3 games and your all set! Or if you are like me you have fast internet and waiting a few hours while the game downloads wouldn't be a huge deal.

Nottulys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup^

Although I havent found any $60 HDD, that still beats the hell out of paying $65 a game, better waiting some hours or a day or so for one.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
There are PS3 exclusive games that fit in a SINGLE LAYER DVD, and tons of games fit in a dual-layer DVD. MGS4 is the only game I know that use dual layer BD, and there are only a handful of games that fully use 25GB of single layer BD.
Size of the game shouldn't be a barrier because there are tons of people pirating Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. They're bigger than MOST of PS3 games.

Actually, if you want to run backups of multiplatform games, PS3 games are generally smaller because BD don't include dummies. (Read speeds of inner and outer BD are the same thus dummy serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever.)

Last known method of running backups was detectable and resulted in console ban. Hope this one's more secure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny