SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
which do you think its better i think the psp is better because it can play ps1 games good but the 3ds can emulate nes snes gameboy and it can play gba games even though they aren't emulated

UltraArceus3

Living Specimen roaming the Third Dimension
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
psp runs them flawlessly since its not emulation though and it can even do some n64 games
It really depends on you. I don't have any background knowledge of how the PSP hacking scene is going, just compare both scenes and see which of them you think is for you.

Reactions: siamese

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
3DS has the capability of emulating PS1 games at decent frames.
Sorry, but PS1 emulation on the 3DS doesn't even compare to the PSP.
Honestly I suggest if the op wants ps1 emulation, then they should buy a PSP. They are cheap and far better for emulation.
This really doesn't add more to the discussion. Different people have different preferences, and I don't think this is the place to get that opinion.
I don't really think it's much of an opinion as it is a fact that the 3DS isn't good for PS1 emulation.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
psp runs them flawlessly since its not emulation though and it can even do some n64 games
It's still emulation.
which do you think its better i think the psp is better because it can play ps1 games good but the 3ds can emulate nes snes gameboy and it can play gba games even though they aren't emulated
If all you care about is PSX emulation then the PSP is better.
Otherwise, the 3DS is better as it has a far better game library, it plays the huge library of DS games, and GBA games run flawlessly.

Reactions: UltraArceus3

Raibakuoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, PSP has more stuf to emulate I remember played NeoGeo, GBA and some SNES titles on there, also Smash and Starfox64 Run well.
You have the PSX games plus PSP titles that are basically ports of popular games on ps2 + a shitload of JRPGs.
Also you have movies, and music.

On 3DS you have SNES, GBA, NeoGeo, and slow PSX, you dont need N64 emulation cuz every popular N64 game has a version for 3DS, MM, OoT, SF64, you have a new Mario Kart a new Smash, and the Mario64 for DS. If you want to play an obscure 64 Game then aim for PC or get the original console. Also you have all the library of 3DS and DS.
The multimedia cappabilities of the 3DS are just meh.

It depends on your taste.

Reactions: siamese and tunip3

Flirkyn

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Honnestly for me, it's equaly interesting for the two. It depends of your taste. Tho, PSP are pretty cheap now so you can maybe get the tO

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It all depends on what you are looking for, nothing else.

No platform is better than other, its just us that see it that way because they offer something we like or not.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
you dont need N64 emulation cuz every popular N64 game has a version for 3DS, MM, OoT, SF64, you have a new Mario Kart a new Smash, and the Mario64 for DS. If you want to play an obscure 64 Game then aim for PC or get the original console
Yeah, the N64 only had six popular games. All the rest are obscure. Sure. ¬_¬

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually the PSP doesn't emulate PS1. It's running it natively. It only emulates the memory cards, controller, etc...

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually the PSP doesn't emulate PS1. It's running it natively. It only emulates the memory cards, controller, etc...
Taked form another post:
elenar said:
"PSX emulation is something that the PSP is capable of "out-of-the-box", but that doesn't mean it has native support for PSX games. If it had native PSX support, then you could put a PSX disc into it, or in a better scenario, a PSX .iso on your memory stick and it would just run it, no POPSLoader necessary."

It is emulated.
The PSP's processor has a similar architecture to the PS1 and probably runs a lot of the original code natively, everything else is emulated http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/investigating-the-psps-psone-emulator-article

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taked form another post:

It is emulated.
The PSP's processor has a similar architecture to the PS1 and probably runs a lot of the original code natively, everything else is emulated
That's what I just said........... (Try reading what I wrote next time?) It's running the game natively and emulating the hardware that doesn't exist on the PSP. Like the disc drive and controller ports. That doesn't change the fact that the game itself is running natively. It's not emulation. The PSP isn't nearly fast enough to emulate the PS1. All "natively" means is that the CPU can run the code without any translation. Which it can. BTW, POPSLoader exists because the PSP OS doesn't know what to do with PS1 games and to emulate that extra hardware.

Raibakuoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah, the N64 only had six popular games. All the rest are obscure. Sure. ¬_¬
Yep, what else Nintendo64 has? Kirby CS, Yoshis Story, F-Zero, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark and the collectathlons from Rare?
You just dont have a game like F-Zero, but shooters and action games are there.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Yep, what else Nintendo64 has? Kirby CS, Yoshis Story, F-Zero, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark and the collectathlons from Rare?
You just dont have a game like F-Zero, but shooters and action games are there.
There's also Rayman, Gex, Iggy's Wrecking Balls, Paper Mario, the Mario Parties (none of them have been as good as 2 and 3), and a plethora of other gems. The N64 had an amazing library.

Reactions: MadMageKefka

Raibakuoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There's also Rayman, Gex, Iggy's Wrecking Balls, Paper Mario, the Mario Parties (none of them have been as good as 2 and 3), and a plethora of other gems. The N64 had an amazing library.
And you have a Rayman, a Paper Mario, and Mario Party on 3DS, I don't even remebered the other two games, the library is amazing, yes, but Nintendo has been selling us the same games again and again with numbers or 64/3DS/DX as suffix.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!