H&S App Injection and Menuhax Problem

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Salamencizer, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Salamencizer
    OP

Salamencizer Handsome Computer Nerd

Oct 3, 2015
    India
    Below
    Ello. I am on 9.2.0-20E sysNAND, and 10.5 EmuNAND(rxTools). I have installed Menuhax on sysNAND, and its working fine when I boot my 3DS/close system settings. But when I close Browser/Freindlist/Miiverse/Game Notes, it does not boot into CTR Boot Manager.
    Next, I am not able to see XML homebrew apps like oothax installer on HBL.
    Then I had injected HBLL.cia into H&S app, and it worked fine in EmuNAND. But when I did so in sysNAND, I got a box on the lower screen saying 'Please download this title again from eShop'.
    So please help me out here.

Last edited by Salamencizer, Feb 17, 2016
  2. pofer

pofer GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    Spain
    Somewhere around the corner
    1st of all , besides system settings , no other app is going to make you "soft reboot" your system , unless it's a game like SSB and mH4U (for the o3ds) or the HBL

2- are you sure that the apps you want to use are in the "3ds" folder on your SD card ?

3- did you use the same h&S app for both sysnand and emuNand ? Cuz if you did that's your problem

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Your 3DS doesn't reboot into sysNAND when you close browser/friend list/miiverse/game notes.
    Update your HBL starter kit and menuhax, sounds like you're using a pre-hax2.5 version.
    You need to be booted into rxMode sysNAND for the H&S inject to work.

4. Salamencizer
    OP

Oct 3, 2015
    India
    Below
    1.But when I was on 10.3 sysNAND, exiting Internet Browser would load the HBL.
    2.yes they are in the 3ds folder on the root of the SD card. And even some 3dsx files are not detected by hbl (or ctr boot manager file browser)
    3. No. I used different hs.app files to generate injectable files.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I do that from sysNAND, not EmuNAND
    It's hax 2.5 for sure. And I'm having the same problem with oothax, ninjhax, hbllhax, etc.
    Okay....me thot that it applies to in legit cias only...

Last edited by Salamencizer, Feb 17, 2016 - Reason: Typo
  5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Regardless, the home menu stays running in the background when you open one of them, that's why it doesn't reboot into menuhax.
    Make sure the .3dsx and .xml files are named the same as the folder they are in (one folder per homebrew) OR named boot.3dsx/boot.xml
    Injecting anything to H&S makes it unlegit ;)

6. Salamencizer
    OP

Oct 3, 2015
    India
    Below

They are, and oothax installer doesn't even require a folder. It has to be placed straight inside the 3ds folder.

7. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Sounds to me like there's actually something going on with your SD's filesystem. How many times have you created an EmuNAND on it without creating a new partition table beforehand?

8. Salamencizer
    OP

Oct 3, 2015
    India
    Below
    Created EmuNAND just once, and didnt create a partition bfore