OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I attempted to install the Numbnutz release of Gyrostarr on a PAL Wii system after running the wad file through freethewads, but merely got an error during the install process (wad manager run through the HBC channel)

After some searching I found another release merely called Gyrostarr-Wiiware-Wii-Regionfree which worked perfectly on my system.

My question is as follows;

Is there another method of patching Wiiware releases so that they become regionfree? My attempts with freethewads seem to work, i.e. I get the success message, but as mentioned initially, the install process merely fails. Has anyone successfully converted this release, or mayhap other releases? If so, how did you proceed?

If this question has been raised before I apologize, my search did not enlighten me
smile.gif

Nine

dsfgd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
JimmyBobAlex said:
dsfgd explains the use of the WADTool/Generic Wii Patcher combination method on the bottom of the first page of the link below.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=89964&st=0

for Gyrostarr i haven't used GWP, i just repacked the wad after region free, so the WAD was bad packed and doesn't worked for PAL.

it was maybe only a bad ticked created by bfgr wadtools or some other error by Numbnutz.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsfgd said:
for Gyrostarr i haven't used GWP, i just repacked the wad after region free, so the WAD was bad packed and doesn't worked for PAL.

it was maybe only a bad ticked created by bfgr wadtools or some other error by Numbnutz.
Yeah, there was something weird about Numbnutz's release. I tried patching it as Region Free but got an error during installation when I tried it. I ended up getting it from somewhere else, and Freethewads worked perfectly on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast