Gyrostarr, regionfree questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Nineveh, Jun 25, 2008.

Jun 25, 2008

Gyrostarr, regionfree questions by Nineveh at 9:22 PM (1,219 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Nineveh
    OP

Newcomer Nineveh Member

Norway
    I attempted to install the Numbnutz release of Gyrostarr on a PAL Wii system after running the wad file through freethewads, but merely got an error during the install process (wad manager run through the HBC channel)

After some searching I found another release merely called Gyrostarr-Wiiware-Wii-Regionfree which worked perfectly on my system.

My question is as follows;

Is there another method of patching Wiiware releases so that they become regionfree? My attempts with freethewads seem to work, i.e. I get the success message, but as mentioned initially, the install process merely fails. Has anyone successfully converted this release, or mayhap other releases? If so, how did you proceed?

If this question has been raised before I apologize, my search did not enlighten me [​IMG]

Nine

2. JimmyBobAlex

Member JimmyBobAlex GBAtemp Regular

United States
  3. dsfgd

Newcomer dsfgd Advanced Member

Germany
    for Gyrostarr i haven't used GWP, i just repacked the wad after region free, so the WAD was bad packed and doesn't worked for PAL.

it was maybe only a bad ticked created by bfgr wadtools or some other error by Numbnutz.

4. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Yeah, there was something weird about Numbnutz's release. I tried patching it as Region Free but got an error during installation when I tried it. I ended up getting it from somewhere else, and Freethewads worked perfectly on it.

5. jan777

Member jan777 motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz

Philippines
    oh so bfgr gets bad tickets?

thats why i was having

6. cocoman

Newcomer cocoman Member

Germany
    this shitty wiiware game sucks anyway, dont bother with it

7. Nineveh
    OP

Newcomer Nineveh Member

Norway
    Not really interested in the game as such, more in the process of making such Wiiware releases regionfree. How to proceed and such [​IMG]

8. samsam12

Banned samsam12 Test

United States
    i have never got a error with freethewads. with gyrostarr i just renamed it "gyro" (without quotes) and it worked fine with freethewads.