Gyrostarr, regionfree questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Nineveh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Nineveh
    OP

Nineveh Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2008
    Norway
    I attempted to install the Numbnutz release of Gyrostarr on a PAL Wii system after running the wad file through freethewads, but merely got an error during the install process (wad manager run through the HBC channel)

After some searching I found another release merely called Gyrostarr-Wiiware-Wii-Regionfree which worked perfectly on my system.

My question is as follows;

Is there another method of patching Wiiware releases so that they become regionfree? My attempts with freethewads seem to work, i.e. I get the success message, but as mentioned initially, the install process merely fails. Has anyone successfully converted this release, or mayhap other releases? If so, how did you proceed?

If this question has been raised before I apologize, my search did not enlighten me [​IMG]

Nine

2. JimmyBobAlex

JimmyBobAlex GBAtemp Regular

Nov 5, 2002
    United States
  3. dsfgd

dsfgd Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    for Gyrostarr i haven't used GWP, i just repacked the wad after region free, so the WAD was bad packed and doesn't worked for PAL.

it was maybe only a bad ticked created by bfgr wadtools or some other error by Numbnutz.

4. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Yeah, there was something weird about Numbnutz's release. I tried patching it as Region Free but got an error during installation when I tried it. I ended up getting it from somewhere else, and Freethewads worked perfectly on it.

5. jan777

jan777 motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz

Jan 4, 2008
    oh so bfgr gets bad tickets?

thats why i was having

6. cocoman

cocoman Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2008
    Gambia, The
    this shitty wiiware game sucks anyway, dont bother with it

7. Nineveh
    OP

Nineveh Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2008
    Norway
    Not really interested in the game as such, more in the process of making such Wiiware releases regionfree. How to proceed and such [​IMG]

8. samsam12

samsam12 Test

Banned
    May 13, 2008
    United States
    A House
    i have never got a error with freethewads. with gyrostarr i just renamed it "gyro" (without quotes) and it worked fine with freethewads.