• Views 22,231
  • Replies 98
  • Likes 10

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure they said something because they don't want the same shit show that happened when they were quiet before 2.0. When everyone started calling them liars.

doubters gonna doubt , no matter how many times GW delivers on their promises, there will always be people saying they ran away

anyway i hope the interesting other projects they are working on are some proprietary homebrew 3d emulators for 8 and 16 bit systems

Reactions: Thirty3Three

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping that they got homebrew working on 6.x or 7.x consoles. Since a proof of concept has been done by smealum.

Reactions: SLiV3R

Jean Karlo

Hacker Aspirant!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They don't need a new SDK... Nintendo is the one who encrypts the games, they can change the encryption any time they like.

They DO need a new SDK , and a new firmware that decrypts the encryption, and after that the games or apps need to be build with that SDK, which will take some time as we can still see to this day some games without this encryption implemented.

At least to my understanding

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
They DO need a new SDK , and a new firmware that decrypts the encryption, and after that the games or apps need to be build with that SDK, which will take some time as we can still see to this day some games without this encryption implemented.

I'm sure the encrypting and signing is done by Nintendo. I doubt they give the keys to the devs.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about but whatever.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway does it again!

cwozby.gif

I saw that gif for the first time the other day. But now, seeing the signs over their heads makes the act of that 'side flip' seem so insignificant. +1.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Ask the usual few devs. They have a rom loader of their own. That's for sure.

You do know that most devs probably still run roms using a Gateway? Hence why Gateways exist? If they have a way to load roms, why reinvent the wheel? It'd take more time to make a rom loader because they'd have to fix the kinks and bugs between all released games, whereas Gateway just works.

crediar

Possiblenator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Did anyone actually read their news post?

They clearly say that they DON'T have it working yet but soon(tm) ... in their labs.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Did anyone actually read their news post?

They clearly say that they DON'T have it working yet but soon(tm) ... in their labs.

DON'T have it working yet Where does it say this???. It clearly says:- We have recently reached a major milestone regarding the 7.x encryption. We can say with certainty that we will soon be running 7.x games and 7.x applications. It says nothing about DONT anywhere.

Great news nevertherless, GW's come through for us users once again!. Hats off to them :)

Reactions: Thirty3Three

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
DON'T have it working yet Where does it say this???. It clearly says:- We have recently reached a major milestone regarding the 7.x encryption. We can say with certainty that we will soon be running 7.x games and 7.x applications. It says nothing about DONT anywhere.

Great news nevertherless.

we will soon be running 7.x games and 7.x applications
Pretty much means that they're not quite there yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeaZWBrG__s