Hacking GUYS new exploit dropped for ps4 5.50 (Discussion)

Angelita Perez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N00b question here!!

If I exploit is release for 5.05, we still need to update for God of War in 3 weeks correct?
or there is a way to play higher fw games in lower fw exploited console?

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ohhhh so its userland only???

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

its confrmed userland only???
who confirmed it?
can i test it my self? how you tested it?
no i'm on 5.05

but why he released a 5.50 webkit???

to me smells like a kexploit is coming VERY soon:)
That anxiety tho.

Chill out. If someone tells you it's userland only, chances are they're telling the truth. You not believing them (or just SAYING that you don't believe them) doesn't magically make it a kexploit.

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
N00b question here!!

If I exploit is release for 5.05, we still need to update for God of War in 3 weeks correct?
or there is a way to play higher fw games in lower fw exploited console?

There is no way to play higher games on lower console. The chances of GOW being built on 4.55 dev kit is astronomically low. Dont hold out hope.

Reactions: Angelita Perez

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I always had a question in my head:
Why did Sony even include debug settings in the first place? Why would they even include such a dangerous feature (for Sony) that makes installing unsigned packages possible ?
Couldn't Sony remove completely "debug settings" from retail ps4? and only offer it to licensed developers?

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Why did Sony even include debug settings in the first place? Why would they even include such a dangerous feature (for Sony) that makes installing unsigned packages possible ?
Couldn't Sony remove completely "debug settings" from retail ps4? and only offer it to licensed developers?
Same reason why developers implement cheats in their games. To make debugging them easier.

Reactions: depaul

operador7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It Will take long long long long time to get something release for 550, I think that something for 505 will be release in a couple of mouths, cause the kexploit it’s already patch... hope I am wrong..

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There is no way to play higher games on lower console. The chances of GOW being built on 4.55 dev kit is astronomically low. Dont hold out hope.

Don't confuse the "Required System Software Version" with the build "SDK Version", they can create the title with a low version SDK (it would depends which one was available when they started the development) and require a higher version.

Still doesn't make a difference cause without keys it would need a jailbroken console to decrypt it... ^__^

Why would they even include such a dangerous feature (for Sony) that makes installing unsigned packages possible ?

Sony doesn't permit it, the security mechanism was RE and patched on live systems, not a small feat if you ask me, but I think I've seen even more crazy stuff on done on PS2. ^__^

Reactions: depaul and KiiWii

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still doesn't make a difference cause without keys it would need a jailbroken console to decrypt it... ^__^

Or someone with a private kernel exploit to dump out the keys, then write a kernel patch for everyone else to use them.

I'm surprised there isn't a commercial product already.

There is a risk that if retail and developer machines are too different http://donthitsave.com/comic/2016/07/15/it-works-on-my-computer

It would be easier and cheaper for sony if the machines and firmware were identical and you just need a key signed for your console to enable it (this is what microsoft did).

If you have kernel and can patch code, then you don't need sony to have included it. So removing it doesn't really help.

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: depaul

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
We have had 3 kexploits, no one has dumped (openly) the keys used by the console, I've an idea but lack time to even experimenting with it, as security isn't my field (but long time ago I had fun RE small pieces of code).

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We have had 3 kexploits, no one has dumped (openly) the keys used by the console, I've an idea but lack time to even experimenting with it, as security isn't my field (but long time ago I had fun RE small pieces of code).

Why would anyone both for the public kexploits? If you have 4.55 console, getting the 4.55 keys doesn't gain you anything.

It needs someone with a private kexploit who is interested in promoting piracy.

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why would anyone both for the public kexploits? If you have 4.55 console, getting the 4.55 keys doesn't gain you anything.

It was you that mentioned keys, I've only stated that none has publicly dumped keys from the APU or at least keys used to encrypt titles. You assume that keys were changed from FW 4.55 to FW 5.0x/5.50 but nobody knows cause none has dumped the title keys.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was you that mentioned keys, I've only stated that none has publicly dumped keys from the APU or at least keys used to encrypt titles. You assume that keys were changed from FW 4.55 to FW 5.0x/5.50 but nobody knows cause none has dumped the title keys.

You were the one that started the discussion on what could be done in a situation where there were new title keys that weren't supported by a firmware with a public exploit.

Don't confuse the "Required System Software Version" with the build "SDK Version", they can create the title with a low version SDK (it would depends which one was available when they started the development) and require a higher version.

You should be able to tell, if there are games that can't be decrypted by 4.55. If there isn't, then I don't see why anyone would care.

All I'm saying is that I'm not convinced you would need a 5.50 public exploit to run a game that can only be decrypted by 5.50, if someone with a private 5.50 exploit was willing to facilitate piracy. Although that someone may not exist.

True blue that you?

I thought True Blue on PS3 just distributed debug or update eboots that were signed for lower firmwares.

I guess the PS4 Matrix Key being blocked so soon has put anyone investing into a commercial product.

Last edited by smf,

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
All I'm saying is that I'm not convinced you would need a 5.50 public exploit to run a game that can only be decrypted by 5.50, if someone with a private 5.50 exploit was willing to facilitate piracy. Although that someone may not exist.

Ah OK, now I've understood what did you mean. ^__^;

Yeah I totally agree, it's what happened a few weeks ago when some Russian guy dropped a copy of "Horizon Zero Dawn", that rightfully wasn't supposed to be available for FW 4.05.

My opinion is that could happen again if a known scene release group (Skidrow, Duplex, Codex) somewhat get hold of a private exploit (or develop one in house) because I think a random internet dude who independently exploit a defect in higher FW would prefer the 15 minutes of fame related to a new PS4 exploit instead of a thankless anonymous release of PS4 titles.

Last edited by MostlyUnharmful, , Reason: Grammar

Saaqi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
What do you guys think about the latest tweets by Mathieulh?

I can't post link because I am new member. Check his Twitter.

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you guys think about the latest tweets by Mathieulh?

I can't post link because I am new member. Check his Twitter.

Well it could just be wishful thinking, but he does say 5.xx exploit, meaning that it works on multiple 5.xx firmwares, I would think if it only worked on 5.01 he would specify that, but it's not a confirmation since he's running 5.01.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described