Hacking Guitar Hero On Tour device

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I finally went to Gamestop and reserved my copy of Guitar Hero. Even if a hack or patch is released allowing you to play it with the control pad and buttons, I wanted the whole "experience". I hope this game is as good as I want it to be!

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
krazykirk said:
Heres what I think.

Guitar Hero: On tour is a peripheral for the DS Lite only, which is attached to the slot 2.
It will most likely be only available as a package, as there is no reason why they should be separate. This may change when a second version is released. A 3rd party version may surface. (Maybe on DX! XD)

Trumpet hero would be heaps funny! I can just imagine the ad for it with some dude rocking out with his DS trumpet...
It won't be for the DS Lite only, there is an attachment that lets it work with the Phat DS. They wouldn't sell out the old school people like that.

QUOTE(Azrunex @ Jun 7 2008, 10:27 PM) god you guys are so cheap, JUST BUY IT, its 50 bucks.
Cheap? CHEAP? Since when does saving money make you cheap? It makes you smart. You don't profit anything from buying the real thing, even if it was just for actually having the cart, big fucking deal, you'll probably just download it anyway and use the peripheral since that would be one more thing you have to lug around with you, which isn't cool, AT ALL.

Essentially the game itself is 30 bucks and the peripheral 20, so I'd be wasting 30 bucks for NO REASON AT ALL buying this pack. Just wait a friggin' week and you'll see people bringing their copies back to gamestop to trade in, and find some peripherals in the used bins. Otherwise, it's not too hard to find knockoffs or buy them elsewhere.

I mean seriously if I thought in the frame of mind that buy 'not buying' these games I'm 'cheap', and I decided to go ahead and throw my money at games, I'd be several thousand dollars poorer than I am now, so whether you call us 'cheap' or not, if you're here and with a cart, you're probably in the same pool.

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trolly said:
Well, if you're desperate, you can try eBay for the add-on.

QUOTE said:
im hoping for some custom homebrew that uses it. Possibly trumpet hero? you can use the mic to blow into!

Hehe, trumpet hero would probably suck. But homebrew is something I hadn't thought about. The Melody Otario homebrew would benefit hugely from using it. Not to mention people could probably make custom songs for GH (though that'll probably take a while, seeing as it's only 4 frets, you can't just rip already made songs on the internet or on former games). Awesome piece of kit to play with though!
Yeh it would kind of suck since playing trumpet is very, very far from blowing on the mic. Yes, the trumpet does have the buttons that change the sound a bit but the main tones are done by the way you blow into it. I'm no trumpet player but that's how it is.
Also there's is a 5th fret, not on the peripheral but I think that the L or the R button can be used as the 5th fret for a possible future homebrew game using this peripheral and thus allow direct song rips.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/c2Fnet0y9Ts?list=RDpdoIs1jZbCY