ROM Hack Guitar Hero On Tour - Custom songs?

mrsniperdude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys well i have read on the score hero site that the hwas file was some sort of Compressed audio file
they said that it my be a special compressing acitvision uses.....
but if you wanted to kno they uses audacity to play the file
they also siad that if it were a chart it should be a smaller file size then a song so ya

hope this helped
grog.gif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mrsniperdude said:
Ok guys well i have read on the score hero site that the hwas file was some sort of Compressed audio file
they said that it my be a special compressing acitvision uses.....
but if you wanted to kno they uses audacity to play the file
they also siad that if it were a chart it should be a smaller file size then a song so ya

hope this helped
grog.gif
do you mind posting a link?
Okay, well i have started charting Master of puppets btw on easy and expert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FoGgEdOuT said:
Us people at Scorehero.com have been looking into this since day 1 of release. If you guys are interested in our progress, check this link out. http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.p...&highlight=
Okay I just read through that entire topic and there is not much that we didnt know here.
If you are technical and think there might be go ahead and look but there isnt much. They found out that .hwas is the Band part of the song, they also found/made some helpful programs.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Nice find. I'll download Audacity later and test some things out.

EDIT: While messing with Audacity and the .hwas files, and they are indeed the vocals/some guitar parts of the songs. If you select the whole song, and change the speed percentage to -55, it sounds like the actual song. It still has a lot of choppy noises, but it's recognizable. BTW, we still need a GOB Packer.

EDIT2: And we also need to find out what files are the chart files. Since we obviously have no clue on how to decipher those 33000+ Text files.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
I found a gob packer called ConMan (Containment Manager). It takes too long to put files in, and I have no clue how to put in directories. I also found one called PatchCommander, but I get an error saying *insert file name for the program here* is not a valid Win32 application.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AnimalCrossingX said:
EDIT: While messing with Audacity and the .hwas files, and they are indeed the vocals/some guitar parts of the songs. If you select the whole song, and change the speed percentage to -55, it sounds like the actual song. It still has a lot of choppy noises, but it's recognizable. BTW, we still need a GOB Packer.

What settings did you use to import.

When I imported one and changed the speed -55% all I heard was screeching.

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
So what exactly are you doing.. Are you making it able for us to put our own songs in or are you putting good songs in that we can download the patch for??

Would you be able to make a guide once you have finished!! Because you guys are absolutely awesome being able to do this.. If only i could help!!
frown.gif

Icey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Curley5959 said:
So what exactly are you doing.. Are you making it able for us to put our own songs in or are you putting good songs in that we can download the patch for??

Would you be able to make a guide once you have finished!! Because you guys are absolutely awesome being able to do this.. If only i could help!!
frown.gif

Right now they're just trying to figure out how everything works.
Just relax, and wait.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
AnimalCrossingX said:
I found a gob packer called ConMan (Containment Manager). It takes too long to put files in, and I have no clue how to put in directories. I also found one called PatchCommander, but I get an error saying *insert file name for the program here* is not a valid Win32 application.
I already came past the ConMan, but I'm afraid that it's for another game (that jedi thing), so I don't think it will work...
Because, it has to be able to open the .gob file as well, but he doesn't recognize it.

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
D

Deleted User

I'm not willing to read this 10 page posts so sorry if the infos have already been said before.
*gfc/gob : private archive file format (don't bother looking for it, except if it is used in previous gh), it seems to use little endian. the gfc file is probably an index, there's no filename in it, but they can be found in the arm9 binary, so either they are listed alphabetically or there a hash function linking filenames and id in the index file.
*the filename reference a song.hwas for the chart and two oggs for the music : song_guitar.ogg et song_guitar.ogg
*every song seems to be hardcoded in the arm9 binary, so to make custom songs we will have to replace some. There's no "easy" way to expand the songlist

might give more later

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Interesting, this sounds like it's gonna be difficult. It may be getting too complicated for us non-programmers. We need a programmer/hacker to get some kind of applications done that will do what we need.

Still, you seem to have made some progress with its inner workings. Good luck you guys!

D

Deleted User

We actually can expand the songlist, by finding the way Red Octane will do it with the Slot-1 expansion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy
  • BakerMan
    I'd quite enjoy a life of taking it easy. But I haven't reached that life yet.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    who is the fucking retarded that started this entire portable wii u thing
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @NinStar, i dont have a wii u so not me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Steam
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I'm seeing a bunch of people trying to sell consoles for way more than what they are actually worth (regardless of the overall conditions) just because of the fucking motherboard revision
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get the amount of work behind it but it's more to brag hey look at me original hardware
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I was so confused when I saw 3 consoles costing twice as much as the average price you would expect
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I'm going to melt
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Going to smoke a bowl, eat pizza, drink a beer, and watch I Saw the TV Glow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why do people on YouTube keep making themselves glow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh joy, heat wave all week where i live
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    plus there's thunder and lightning outside, and it'll rain soon, there's somehow no tornado watch tho
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and to make it worse, the heat didn't sway my brother away from wanting to spend some time swimming on his birthday tomorrow
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idr where in the US the heat wave is
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idk if I'm in it or not
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    midwest, near me and bigonya
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ah fuck NJ is in the heat wave
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    we're cooked, possibly literally
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    if you have a habitable basement, the heat shouldn't be down there and that's where you should hang out
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No, but, the air conditioner in my living room gets fuckin icy
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    In a good way, not as in a "my coils are freezing" kind of way
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: In a good way, not as in a "my coils are freezing" kind of way