Hacking Guitar Hero Metallica and World Tour Read Error

Viral_Weaponry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
While trying to play both Guitar Hero games the wii freezes up just at the finish of the first loading. Both games are backed up. Guitar Hero World Tour used to play fine a few months ago, then it started with the failure. Now Metallica has the same error. My Wii is soft and hard modded. It has D2Pro9 (with the latest firmware installed) with wii clip and the latest loader (gamma) and the usb loader 1.1. The other games works just fine via disc channel, via gamma or via usb loader. I have original games and back ups all of them working properly. Recently i updated to waninkokos 4.0 firmware thinking that may fix the problem but its still there.

Can anyone help me with this one or knows what the error could be?

Thanks in advance.

PS. I searched like a wh*re in google and here and couldnt fine anything regarding this problem, if anyone knows a post please enlighten me.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It could be your media, but you need to compare it with an original copy...!!
smile.gif

jpref

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
same problem i had when using 2.5" hard drives with single usb. went to 3.5 with external power and its working now

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sounds like a problem my wii has now with ridata g05 media, it will only read them 1/10 times and the times it does read, it can stop reading midgame, verbatim dvd-r always work for me, so i dunno

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
i had a wii that started having this prob turned out my disk drive was "weak" and so i ended up getting another wii i got so sick of it ...
frown.gif

I simply tested the same backups that Will not work on mine...On a friends NEWLY modified wii and found the same ones that would not load in my wii worked in his fine... I was so fed up after buying better media ect and nothing worked... I got a new wii now all those OLD backups even scratched ones are working again....I hope for your sake its not the dvd drive poopin out
frown.gif
best of luck with this man
ohmy.gif

Viral_Weaponry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Its very weird because its doing that with just guitar hero games, all the other games works 100%. Its not logical, at least to me, that the drive is malfunctioning because its only those two guitar hero games. And I hope or I commit suicide lol.

Scribs84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back-up your save games on an SD card and delete them off of your Wii.(Just the guitar hero ones) Try loading the games after that, with no save data to load of course
smile.gif

The_Hulkster

Trophies
XP
Country
I had no problems running GH:Metallica on my 2.5" portable HDD with single USB connection (no additional power supply either) Did you try running it from USB Loader?

I'm also running firmware 4.0

Viral_Weaponry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok guys thanks for all the help.

Here's how i fixed it. I had to burn the game at the ridiculous speed of 1x and the game now loads!!
smile.gif

Thanks anyways
smile.gif

maver1ck3767

Trophies
XP
Country
I had a similar problem with my backed up copy of Guitar Hero: Metallica. "Disk Read Error". The error would show up 4/5 starts, and would play 1/5. During 10-30 minutes of play after a loading screen the error would also occur.

Nero at 4x on Verbatim DVD-R.
PAL Wii (latest firmware)
Wiikey 1 (legacy) & Wiikey 2 (tried two different wii's, same problem.)

I then used a different burner to attain 2x and the game now works 100%. No disk read errors.

ImgBurn at 2x on Verbatim DVD-R.
PAL Wii (latest firmware)
Wiikey 1 (legacy) & Wiikey 2, loads 100% of the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet +1