Guitar Hero III vs. Rock Band

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think I'm ready to jump to the "music game" wagon, but I don't know which game to pick up, I mean, I thought Rock Band was a no brainer, I read it has career mode for 3 of the 4 instruments, and being able playing the drums is always a plus, but then, there is the price and the fact that I have no friends here, but mostly the price.

On the other hand there is Guitar Hero III, it has more songs out of the box and it has more classics, off course, they are mostly rock (there is a lot of metal too, that is a bonus).

Which one will you recommend?

Oh crap, while writing this I went to ebay and I got GHIII for 15USD+shipping, I'm getting a FrontMan guitar from Nyko so I can play both, if I decide to get Rock Band too

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well when you get bored of playing guitar there is drums and vocals available,
but that's all if you're willing to pay for Rock Band
Guitar Hero is more challenging also.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
awdofgum said:
well when you get bored of playing guitar there is drums and vocals available,
but that's all if you're willing to pay for Rock Band
Guitar Hero is more challenging also.
True, but since it'l be my first music game and I don't play THAT much, I don't think I'll get bored easily.

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
It comes down to this:

Have friends?
If yes: Rock Band
If no: Guitar Hero III

Or at least that's the popular opinion on the net.

Personally, I don't play with others that often, but I do love RB regardless and spend much more time playing it by myself than playing GH3. Although part of it for me is getting better for when I do play with my friends.

Also, if you need to start with something easy (for guitar), start with RB, as it is much easier than GH3.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Off topic, I saw a video of Kevin from Attack of the Show playing the drums for Coheed and Cambria's "Welcome Home" - with the band (on the band's real drums, if you didn't catch that). And he was surprisingly good, having no experience with drums other than playing the song on Rock Band.

Epic fail for drummers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.