Guitar hero 3?

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by TaMs, Dec 28, 2007.

Dec 28, 2007

Guitar hero 3? by TaMs at 9:47 PM (641 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. TaMs
    OP

Member TaMs Randomizer

Finland
    So i just have few questions about the game(controller).

1) Can i use ps2 guitar hero controller with usb adapter thingy on ps3 version of guitar hero 3?

2) Is there anyway to use ps3 guitar hero controller with computer?

3) What's with that dongle thing that goes to ps3's usb? Is it using bluetooth, infra red or what?

4) Is the ps3 version as good as wii version for exmaple? Like controller is working right etc. Or any other problems/things?

- Thanks in advance

2. Beware

Member Beware GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    They are all the same game. The only issue is the Wii version only plays in mono instead of stereo due to a bug, but Activision is going to give people a replacement disk.

As far as the PS2 controller, it should work fine on PS3. If a regular PS2 controller works fine using that thing, then there is no reason why the guitar wouldn't also work fine. I know the guitar controller that comes with GH3 for PS2 definitely works with both.

I have no idea what dongle thing you are talking about, so I don't know about that.

3. TaMs
    OP

Member TaMs Randomizer

Finland
    hmm.. ok thanks
    http://media.gameworldnetwork.com/news_sho...0795246d462.jpg That's the dongle thing if you wanna see. (probably you're not interested, but anyway hehe)
    I'd still like to know if i can use the controller with pc somehow? For games like frets on fire, dunno what else i could play with guitar controller.. maybe snes emulator..

4. Beware

Member Beware GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I think it's just an infra-red receiver since there isn't a regular controller built into the guitar. And for Frets on Fire, they sell PS2, and XBox to USB adapters. I'm not sure about PS3. Don't the controllers connect with USB?

5. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil

To Charge it's through USB. It's Naturally a Bluetooth controller though.