PS1/2 Guitar hero 3?

TaMs

Randomizer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So i just have few questions about the game(controller).

1) Can i use ps2 guitar hero controller with usb adapter thingy on ps3 version of guitar hero 3?

2) Is there anyway to use ps3 guitar hero controller with computer?

3) What's with that dongle thing that goes to ps3's usb? Is it using bluetooth, infra red or what?

4) Is the ps3 version as good as wii version for exmaple? Like controller is working right etc. Or any other problems/things?

- Thanks in advance

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are all the same game. The only issue is the Wii version only plays in mono instead of stereo due to a bug, but Activision is going to give people a replacement disk.

As far as the PS2 controller, it should work fine on PS3. If a regular PS2 controller works fine using that thing, then there is no reason why the guitar wouldn't also work fine. I know the guitar controller that comes with GH3 for PS2 definitely works with both.

I have no idea what dongle thing you are talking about, so I don't know about that.

TaMs

Randomizer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
They are all the same game. The only issue is the Wii version only plays in mono instead of stereo due to a bug, but Activision is going to give people a replacement disk.

As far as the PS2 controller, it should work fine on PS3. If a regular PS2 controller works fine using that thing, then there is no reason why the guitar wouldn't also work fine. I know the guitar controller that comes with GH3 for PS2 definitely works with both.

I have no idea what dongle thing you are talking about, so I don't know about that.

hmm.. ok thanks
http://media.gameworldnetwork.com/news_sho...0795246d462.jpg That's the dongle thing if you wanna see. (probably you're not interested, but anyway hehe)
I'd still like to know if i can use the controller with pc somehow? For games like frets on fire, dunno what else i could play with guitar controller.. maybe snes emulator..

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's just an infra-red receiver since there isn't a regular controller built into the guitar. And for Frets on Fire, they sell PS2, and XBox to USB adapters. I'm not sure about PS3. Don't the controllers connect with USB?

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I think it's just an infra-red receiver since there isn't a regular controller built into the guitar. And for Frets on Fire, they sell PS2, and XBox to USB adapters. I'm not sure about PS3. Don't the controllers connect with USB?

To Charge it's through USB. It's Naturally a Bluetooth controller though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY