Homebrew guide to virginize wii

smuddge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a wii given to me. it was has hbc and a bunch of other things installed on it. Not softmii/cioscorp. it is currently at 4.0
I have none of the wads to remove them with wad manager.
I want to put it back to factory. completely remove everything and have it back to factory 4.0.
I would prefer not to use anytitle deleter also if possible. I want to format it and I don't care about anything that is on it at all.
is there a guide on doing this. I have search around and get a ton of different responses in forums but none are very clear and most are people who care about gamesaves and channels and anything they have purchased. I care about none of that.
I want it like it just came out of the box.

I have put on bootmii and dumped the nand and saved it thinking that if i screwed it up i could get it back but i would like some advice before i do anything incase someone has a proper way to do this.
thanks in advance for any advice.

smuddge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because there is tons of crap and old versions of things and who know what else on there.
space is running out and because I am anal about things being optimized.
to give you an idea I format all my pc's once every 2 months

Vattu

Trophies
XP
Country
downgrade to any version with homebrew, and upgrade with nintendo's files as usual. why wouldn't that work?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just format the wii in settings? the use hackmii installer with bannerbomb to uninstall bootmii for true virgin wii. (this doesn't install anything, there's no trace left on system that this happened). then you're completly virginized. but dont uninstall bootmii until you're sure the wii is how you want it, as it's easier to restore NAND backup than to reinstall HBC and everything

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o