Status
Not open for further replies.

Goliath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay.. I'm trying to do this (I'm not very good at this stuff). I extracted the latest YSMenu to a folder, but I don't know how to patch the YSMenu.nds file. Do I just copy the files that were extracted from the Patch link into the folder with the "YSMenu.nds"?

jruschme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jruschme said:
mostwanted said:
Dennos said:
Does anyone knows if it works on a R4-SDHC from here?

EDIT:
Tried This Post
Starting YSmenu.nds works fine but when i want to start a game its says : Unsupported DLDI name.
So Hopefully someone can help me to find a way to get this working on mine R4-SDHC.
I got the same thing too, I'm just gonna revert back to original sdhc fw =/

The R4i-SDHC cards (R4i and regular) are actually DSTT clones. The best I've been able to do so far is to run TTMENU from the R4i menu and then run YSMENU from there.

I've figured out how to run YSMenu on an R4i-SDHC card without going through TTMENU. Take a look here.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Goliath said:
triassic911 said:
Goliath said:
Someone sent me a link to a megaupload file of a pre-packaged YSMenu. I don't believe he is trying to screw me over, but in case he is... Will a messed up download break my DS?

The files I gained from the download are:

"TTMenu" and "_DS_MENU"

Does this seem legit?
The author (yasu) does not want his firmware pre-packaged. If he finds someone doing that, he will no longer work on it.

I know that... I'm not he one who did it.

Can you answer my question though?
It's legit.

Eymas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i've got an error when starting my DS up. it says; Error: can't fatInitDefault, how do i solve that?
Oh and grantz91, you need to place the TTMENU map, DAT and SYS in the same folder as ttextract.exe. then it works fine

jestr7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i followed all the steps but at the end i got an error saying

Error: can't fatInitDefault

can anyone explain to me what that means??

HoTsHoT89

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Eymas said:
jestr7 said:

i've got that too
I assume you know which files I'm talking about, have you DLDI patched the NDS files of Moonshell2 and YSMenu?

Eymas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
HoTsHoT89 said:
Eymas said:
jestr7 said:

i've got that too
I assume you know which files I'm talking about, have you DLDI patched the NDS files of Moonshell2 and YSMenu?
Well. i didn't downloaded Moonshell 2, im sticking with the old version that works fine to me. anyway. i'll try to DLDi patch YSmenu.nds
Anyway, i have the original R4

jestr7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HoTsHoT89 said:
Eymas said:
jestr7 said:

i've got that too

how do i dldi patch the nds of moonshell2 and YSMenu.....sorry, must've missed that part

squall098

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: Does YSMenu allow for online play? I'm using YSMenu to boot games out of Moonshell2 on my r4. I'm not 100% sure if it's a real r4 or not since the little case it came in referenced r4team.com, but it works fine. I tried to run a few games online to see if it would work (Castlevania Ecclesia and Space Invaders Extr3me) and neither of them work. I know the DS is connected to the internet since the crappy browser with DSorganizer works. So is this a ROM issue or a YSMenu issue?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
squall098 said:
Question: Does YSMenu allow for online play? I'm using YSMenu to boot games out of Moonshell2 on my r4. I'm not 100% sure if it's a real r4 or not since the little case it came in referenced r4team.com, but it works fine. I tried to run a few games online to see if it would work (Castlevania Ecclesia and Space Invaders Extr3me) and neither of them work. I know the DS is connected to the internet since the crappy browser with DSorganizer works. So is this a ROM issue or a YSMenu issue?

Neither. Both work 100% fine online for me using YSMenu+DSTT.

tonyli9323

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Questions: I install YSmenu and I can't play pokemon platinum.nds!! The YSmenu freeze while it's loading!! I need help

job666

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hey it is working for my
yaynds.gif

but the cheat codes are japanese how do i fix that?
wacko.gif

Adelnoia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In need of some help here, my niece own an DS with R4 and recently she dL some games and couldn't play with it.
I tried reading up on forums but they are son confusing, understand that I have to dL ysmenu from Yasu
and a r4ysauto file. I read that the r4ysauto can be replaced by a a2h's utility, but how do I go about it?
Is there a more updated instructions on the web?
Oh, also, her R4 version is the original R4 v1.18 kernel, do I need to remove it and if so, which file?
I know I'm asking for too much but would really feel grateful if someone can help me in helping to solve my niece's issues.
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed