Hacking Guide to installing + uninstalling YSmenu on the R4

rubenpaul

Trophies
XP
Country
KingdomBlade said:
Well, yours is pretty complicated. It's probably better to use r4YSAuto. Much easier.

that`s what you think,,I have tried YSauto multiple times and it keeps being stuck at loading.... TNX for the guide Im going to use it soon...

cb9983

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey i have an r4-III upgrade that is sdhc and i cant seem to get past the loading screen , i followed the guide to the letter, and included the _R4__III.DAT and system folder and moonshl and moonshl.nds file and im still getting stuck at the black r4 loading screen . Ive been at this for a couple days trying diff prebuilds and other things im losing hair from tearing it out i wonder what im doing wrong?

Thx for the hard work creating this guide by the way.

DjElectro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hy i dit everything my games start and no freze but i have a problem i cannot change my theme am my brightness why ? o yea i have a r4i sdhc

sorry i checked again i have a R4i Upgrade can somenone help me please

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
PLEASE keep in mind that if your flashcard is a clone, and it isn't based on the r4 firmware, this guide will NOT work. If your r4 clone's firmware is based on the dstt or acekard firmware, use their respective guides for installing ysmenu onto them.

List of r4 clones that ysmenu DOES NOT work on:
1. R4 Neo.
2. R4 SDHC.
3. R4i Pro Gold.

daevilwithin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
According to bluelaserman's guide, I understand that I should infact run YsMenu, as an NDS form. Which means I boot up my R4, then tap YSMenu. I can't confirm anything yet, as it is still not even half way done loading. Is this the only way to play MLiB? It is taking a very long time so I'm under the assumption that I made an error somewhere.

EDIT: Nevermind, it appears that since I have the original R4, I shouldn't have a problem with it anyways. My problem is at load, the screen goes white. This is only if I run using YsMenu. If I run it with the standard R4 firmware, it'll turn black after selecting a file to save with.

Wii_Juggalo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this method it has worked well until... Ok I've been playing this game for 3 days I started it up to play today and anytime I use Mario's Jump attack in battle the game completely locks up... I can use everything else with the exception of Luigi's jump attack making the game stutter. I'm using YSMenu with the O.G. R4 any Ideas?

shane3x

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

I got a R4 SDHC card with a 2GB Micro SD card. I would like to know first whether is it possible to update it to have the firmware listed in the steps in the first post. If this is possible, I would like some advice on how to get it working.

Currently, after following all the steps whenever I try to load my Card up it just says 'loading'. I think this is maybe because I have not downloaded the official firmware for use in the creation of the firmware, even though when I click the link which directs me to where I can download the official one, above the download link it says unofficial.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Shane.

TRozok21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was following the guide, and as far as I know, I have a clone, since it's an "R4 Deluxe". Anyways, I was able to get YSMenu itself working, but whenever I try to load a game, the loading bar gets stuck maybe about 75% loading before it hangs. Any help?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn this thing is complicated....

i got to the step where you mess with tt.dat

i downloaded everything you told me. there is no tt.dat.

skyonosk

Trophies
XP
Country
i did everything you said up to 12 but when you say it should look like this....mine sure as hell doesnt
??? im really confused

andresonec

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi everyone, i try so many times the steps and it doesnt work, I am using a R4 iii i think, so can just anyone send me a pm with the link, thanks and i will be waiting

the_last_Quincy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi. i've installed YSmenu on an original R4 and have followed the guide as closely as possible. when i try to load a game, the loading bar gets stuck. i have followed the suggestions in the FAQ and reformatted my SD card with same settings as shown in the images (except i only have 1 GB of space on my card). but the loading bar still gets stuck. any suggestions on how i can get my games to load properly?

edit: i repeated the entire procedure in the guide and got my ysmenu working on R4. i dunno what i did wrong the first time but i got it right this time. so plz disregard my above question

triassic911

Burst Mode
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
the_last_Quincy said:
hi. i've installed YSmenu on an original R4 and have followed the guide as closely as possible. when i try to load a game, the loading bar gets stuck. i have followed the suggestions in the FAQ and reformatted my SD card with same settings as shown in the images (except i only have 1 GB of space on my card). but the loading bar still gets stuck. any suggestions on how i can get my games to load properly?

edit: i repeated the entire procedure in the guide and got my ysmenu working on R4. i dunno what i did wrong the first time but i got it right this time. so plz disregard my above question
Glad to see you up and running with ysmenu!

I updated the dstt fw to 1.17a12.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...