• Views 130,215
  • Replies 129
  • Likes 61

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like it won’t work as is with patches from SDsetup. You’ll have to chainload to Vanilla Atmos or NeutOS and change the syntax in Hekate_ipl.ini to Payload= when booting. Are you using emuMMC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, I'm using sysMMC.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
No, I'm using sysMMC.

Ok so whichever option you use in Hekate to boot your sysMMC will need the syntax change. As far as I understand.

Edit: You’ll also need to install the linked patches for Vanilla Atmos if you choose to chainload that otherwise if you decide to go with NeutOS point to it’s payload.bin with “Payload=“ in the hekate_ipl.ini.

Last edited by MassiveRican,

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so whichever option you use in Hekate to boot your sysMMC will need the syntax change. As far as I understand.

Edit: You’ll also need to install the linked patches for Vanilla Atmos if you choose to chainload that otherwise if you decide to go with NeutOS point to it’s payload.bin with “Payload=“ in the hekate_ipl.ini.

OK, so that means that I have to replace the already included Atmosphère with NeutOS, is that right? I'm asking because of compatibility with certain homebrew apps like the HB App Store, which doesn't work properly without Kosmos' fork of Atmos (controls not working; I don't know if it's currently fixed with current release, but there's the other old apps remaining). And there's also the modules like emuiibo.

Last edited by MushGuy,

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Keep using Kosmos but alter the CFW (emuMMC) option to point to either Atmosphere's fusee-primary.bin (and use the linked Atmosphere patches) or NeutOS using the "payload=" syntax instead of the "fss0=" syntax.

For NeutOS the syntax would look like payload=payload.neutos.bin or for Atmosphere it would be payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee-primary.bin, or similar.

With that syntax, the loader.kip file will not be needed because NeutOS includes the patches found in the loader.kip in its bootloader so Tinfoil will not mind. The linked patches for vanilla atmosphere (for fusee-primary.bin) were updated to now include a version of those hacked kip_patches/loader_patches from NeutOS so it is also just drag-and-drop to install as well.
Hmm.. believe it or not it still gave me the option to remove Kosmos or quit the application, it still detected it. I changed my hekate_ipl.ini as follows and was able to chainload into NeutOS once I deleted the original atmosphere and sept folder and installed the NeutOS zip package contents in its place. I renamed the payload.bin on the root of the SD card (which is where NeutOS package included it) to payload.neutos.bin
[CFW - emuMMC]
payload=payload.neutos.bin
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp
My /bootloader folder has an ini folder with lakka config, a sound folder, a payloads folder with Hekate (which I can only boot into now by using payload launcher otherwise reboot to payload boots straight into NeutOS), and a patches.ini file along with bootlogo.bmp and an update.bin file. Maybe some of those have to be deleted so tinfoil won't detect Kosmos?

Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong? If a pic of my setup is helpful, let me know. I'll call it quits for tonight and attempt chainloading into Vanilla Atmosphere with the patches tomorrow night and see if that works. Thanks for the help thus far.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, so that means that I have to replace the already included Atmosphère with NeutOS, is that right? I'm asking because of compatibility with certain homebrew apps like the HB App Store, which doesn't work properly without Kosmos' fork of Atmos (controls not working; I don't know if it's currently fixed with current release, but there's the other old apps remaining). And there's also the modules like emuiibo.

All Homebrew that have been recompiled with latest libs seems to work fine older Homebrew's still broken but that's a known issue Atmosphere had to redo HID stuff due to updated firmware iirc.

Everything seems to be working fine just reinstall Tesla your overlays should work. However Tinfoil still detects Kosmos, I'll do some more testing tomorrow to see if I can get it to work. Otherwise 2 SD solution it is lol.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the control issue is due to nintendo updating the HID libraries on 9.x
old homebrew needs to be recompiled. most used ones are now compatible, old abandoned one might never be.
I don't know if AMS can do anything to hook into the new HID for old homebrew.

believe it or not it still gave me the option to remove Kosmos or quit the application, it still detected it.
Changing hekate config file is not enough.
Blawar's Tinfoil checks if you have these files on SD card, and prompt you to delete them :
bootloader\patches.ini
atmosphere\kips\Loader.kip

This is not a problem if you only want to use a single CFW config (always emuNAND/emuMMC), because you can use fusée-primary to boot it from hekate.
So, use "payload" boot method, use Raugo patches, and just delete these two files. now tinfoil will work.

It becomes a problem if you want Hekate to have a menu to choose whether you want to go to emuMMC or sysMMC.
If you use fusée-secondary, you can choose directly from hekate. (but tinfoil will complain)
if you use fusée-primary, you can't choose from hekate but have to edit AMS config file to switch between Sys or Emu, and reboot the console. Hekate menu can only have "boot AMS" (you don't know if it's sys or emu from hekate, it's based on AMS config only!)

If you want a more complete hekate interface to have all the needed setup and choices from boot, it could be a little complicated, and as I never used Tinfoil I don't know what is really detected : the path, or the filename, or the patches themselves.
Updating to Hekate 5.2.0, you don't need Loader.kip anymore, it's one less file to be detected by tinfoil, but it still doesn't like patches.ini and I don't think it can be located in another path or renamed.

What would you want your hekate menu to look like that you find it hard to setup your card?

I can try to make a ipl example, but I wanted to prevent providing one here to keep the guide being an explanation, and not a "copy this config without thinking for ultimate setup".

payload=payload.neutos.bin
emummcforce=1
Just to explain what that option does :
this is not an option to choose if you want emu or sys!
When using payload boot method, the emu state is driven by emummc/emummc.ini file, unles neutos does things differently than AMS when it comes to booting emu?

If you want to choose emu or sys in hekate, you need to use fss0 with emummc_force_disable=1 (to boot into sysMMC WITHOUT tinfoil).

:!: The emummcforce in hekate is just an option to ensure you NEVER boot sys by accident.
It does NOT force the CFW to boot into emuMMC, it only prevents sysMMC loading! (for safety if you want to keep clean sysMMC).
It checks that you have emummc and disallows booting if emummc.ini is not found or emuMMC is disabled

don't use that option as a way to choose wheither you want emu or not.
the emummc.ini is still the file to use to choose between sys and emu when using "payload=" boot method.
if you disable the value in that emummc.ini file, you can't use that hekate option. (it will refuse to boot, as you disabled emuMMC, and you told hekate to enforce it).
Hekate is NOT editing that file to boot AMS using either sys or emu. CTCaer said he doesn't want to edit other project's files, nor write to SD on every boot.

You can edit emummc.ini from homebrew in emuMMC to set it to use sysMMC.
but once you disable it, you won't be able to boot into CFW anymore (because hekate enforce emu and refuse to boot sys). you'll have to re-edit emummc.ini manually, unless you want to boot into CFW sysMMC, but in that case you either need to disable "emummcforce=1" or have another hekate boot entry to allow CFW sysMMC.

Now, if you followed what I said, hekate can't "set" the sys or emu state of AMS when using payload boot method.
BUT, it can refuse to boot emu if the setting is disabled.
So you can, on the contrary, setup TWO boot entries in hekate, one with enforced emuMMC which will refuse to boot if you disabled AMS config file. and one to boot CFW using either sysMMC or emuMMC based on current emummc.ini config.
always boot emu first, if it boots, you know you are in emu.
if it refuse to boot, you know AMS will boot only in sysMMC and then use the other choice.
it's "one click away" to quick booting the console, but you can use that if you don't remember if you enabled or disabled the setting in emummc.ini

[CFW (EmuNAND ONLY)]
payload=fusee-primary.bin
emummcforce=1

[CFW (based on current emummc setup)]

This setup let you boot in either emu or sys, both with tinfoil working as you are always using payload=primary!

But if you want to boot into sysMMC only to switch emuMMC back, or run "non banning" homebrew such as checkpoint, not to play or install games, then you don't need Tinfoil on sysMMC and you can use fss0 boot method with "sysMMC" setup. so it doesn't "boot current config" but really force sysMMC whatever the emummc config is.
so you have one enforced emuMMC with tinfoil (using primary), one enforce sysMMC without tinfoil (using secondary and emummc_force_disable=1).

No, I'm using sysMMC.
Do you have emuMMC setup at all, or not?
if you don't have emuMMC, then fusée-primary is not a problem !

edit hekate ipl to :
[CFW (SYSNAND)]
logopath=bootloader/bootlogo.bmp
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

use the "fusée" patches from HarukoNX, or the package from Raugo.
It will not use emuNAND, because it's not setup. and you can use tinfoil because it's using primary.

I have to replace the already included Atmosphère with NeutOS, is that right?
not necessarily.
NeutOS is just a way to have already patched files, and don't need to add ips on the SD card.

it's like you want :
NeutOS (with fss0)
or
AMS fusée-primary (without fss0) with patches

if you use AMS fusée-secondary with patches, tinfoil will not work.

Last edited by Cyan,

Netllex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I am running emuMMC on 10.0.2 with the latest version of atmosphere. I want to use the "SNES full unlock" patch for my SNES Online app. This patch comes in the form of an ips file. Do I need to follow the steps even in my case?

I am not sure if the changes in 10.0.0 affect these types of patches as well. I placed the file in sd/atmosphere/exefs_patches/patch/***.ips but the patch is not working im my case.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
are you sure the ips patch goes into that location?
if it's a patch for a specific title (here Snes online?), shouldn't it be located in a title folder with that titleID? (01008D300C50C000 ?)
like LayeredFS patches?

something more like this :
SD:/atmosphere/titles/01008D300C50C000/*.ips

I might have to learn more about this patch, I didn't know it. I'll try to find a readme how to install.
edit: I found the thread here :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/cave-da...m-snes-nes-switch-online-game-catalog.551466/
there's a guide to install :

Copy the IPS here :
SD:/atmosphere/exefs_patches/SNES Online - Full Unlock/8025A0DF4699C23C29317992DA01D2D1B60A10F2.ips
Copy database here :
SD:/atmosphere/titles/01008D300C50C000/
I guess you could use any folder name, you just called yours "patch". but try to name the folder like told by the guide.

In my opinion, as they are patches applied to titles, and not to AMS itself, it should work with whatever boot method you want.
I don't know why it doesn't work.
does it work with FW 9.2? it stopped working with FW 10.x?
Did you try both fusée primary and secondary boot method?

Or maybe the latest ips is not working? did you try older ones?
v1.1.0.0 instead of v1.2.0.0

If ips doesn't work, try with the cheat method instead of IPS.
SD:/atmosphere/titles/01008D300C50C000/cheats/7dee5f17e2a08de1.txt

or IPswitch or pchtxt (I don't know these formats either. I still have lot of things to learn).

Last edited by Cyan,

Netllex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thank you very much for your answer! But unfortunately... or fortunately I found my solution.

It has nothing to do with the patch, but the location of the sfrom file and folder containing the modified database. The guide says that it belongs in the titles directory but actually it belongs in the contents directory. I found out atmosphere changed the name of the folder, but for some reason the titles folder still exists. Sorry for interrupting this thread but you can delete my posts if you want.

Thanks!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I won't delete it, as it contains the solution to a problem other users can have, and it's not fully offtopic as it's still about ips patches.
even if not the one from the guide.
Anyway, thanks for your reply and solution.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Changing hekate config file is not enough.
Blawar's Tinfoil checks if you have these files on SD card, and prompt you to delete them :
bootloader\patches.ini
atmosphere\kips\Loader.kip

This is not a problem if you only want to use a single CFW config (always emuNAND/emuMMC), because you can use fusée-primary to boot it from hekate.
So, use "payload" boot method, use Raugo patches, and just delete these two files. now tinfoil will work.
After some testing it was pretty easy, and you were absolutely right. I just used NX-Shell to cut and paste the patches.ini file in another folder I created and voila Tinfoil launched no problem. Since NeutOS handles all the patches it's not really necessary anyway, and I just use payload launcher to boot Hekate as needed. I also move the file back whenever I want to launch Hekate anyway just in case although again prob redundant.

What would you want your hekate menu to look like that you find it hard to setup your card?

I can try to make a ipl example, but I wanted to prevent providing one here to keep the guide being an explanation, and not a "copy this config without thinking for ultimate setup".
No need, it's not about difficulty I just wanted to be able to launch Hekate so I could choose between emuMMC, Sys & Lakka, which again I just use Payload Launcher to boot into Hekate, which I can now do.

Just to explain what that option does :
this is not an option to choose if you want emu or sys!
When using payload boot method, the emu state is driven by emummc/emummc.ini file, unless neutos does things differently than AMS when it comes to booting emu?

:!: The emummcforce in hekate is just an option to ensure you NEVER boot sys by accident.
It does NOT force the CFW to boot into emuMMC, it only prevents sysMMC loading! (for safety if you want to keep clean sysMMC).

NeutOS doesn't do anything differently seems to behave just like AMS. Thanks for breaking down how emummcforce= works, I have a clear understanding now.

Pretty much had to give up the Kosmos boot logo but whatever lol. Is there a way to change the bootlogo for NeutOS? Thanks for your input on everything, all is right with the world lol.

Reactions: Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If the logo is hardcoded inside the custom firmware, you might have to re-compile it.
unless there's an included method to replace it, like "checking a specific path for a png or bmp" etc.
I didn't look at the sources so I don't know, but I think you need to recompile.
I could take a look tomorrow.

Reactions: MassiveRican

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
If the logo is hardcoded inside the custom firmware, you might have to re-compile it.
unless there's an included method to replace it, like "checking a specific path for a png or bmp" etc.
I didn't look at the sources so I don't know, but I think you need to recompile.
I could take a look tomorrow.

That’s pretty cool, It’d be better off for me to build an environment to compile in, it’s not that big a deal. I don’t have the same amount of time these days though lol.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: KiiWii and peteruk

alvpf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys, is this "new way to apply patches" after 10.0.0 still getting in the way of some games/updates/dlcs?

My Switch is 10.0.1 now, fat32 sd, vanilla atmos 0.12.0 with the new loader from the new thread (I think extracted from Neutos?) booted directly (no hekate) and the new sigpatches 10.0.0 ams 0.12, but I can't play Fire Emblem three Houses properly... the console starts "checking if the software can be played". After checking, it states that there's "downloadable content unplayable" and asks if I want to start the game like that. If I do, I can play old savefiles from before the dlcs, but savefiles with everthing unlocked can't be played and the game tells that some dlc has been deleted.

I've tried redownloading basegame/updates/dlcs nsps; uninstalling and reinstalling everything with latest tinfoil/goldleaf/awoo; downgraded to 9.1.0 fw and 0.10.5 atmos; and other things, but no sucess... Other games that I tested (Animal Crossing, Dragon Quest 1, 2, 3 and 11), Poké Shield, Octopath traveller and Snack World) work fine! Any thoughts?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you use neutOS you don't need any patches, they are already included.
if you use the "loader.kip" from neutos with AMS, then its not even used if you boot AMS without hekate! hence why you miss patches.

neutos, direct booting or using hekate, you don't need any patches. (no idea if it works with fss0 but it's not the intended method for neutos, use primary only!)
AMS without hekate, or hekate with fusée-primary, you need Raugo package.
AMS with hekate secondary, you need HarukoNX "hekate" patches, but tinfoil won't work.

If you downgrade to 9.x, you need Raugo package too, as Haruko's "hekate" package is only for 10+

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: alvpf and peteruk

alvpf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
if you use neutOS you don't need any patches, they are already included.
if you use the "loader.kip" from neutos with AMS, then its not even used if you boot AMS without hekate! hence why you miss patches.

Hey! thanks for trying to help! However, I tried replacing vanilla atmos for NeutOS too, but same problem was happening

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
booting neutOS from payload (without hekate) should work.
I don't know what's wrong sorry.

users with that problem were usually using the wrong patches, or missing some of the new patches.
it should be working if you update everything. someone else could have an idea?

Reactions: alvpf

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently sept also has its own splash ? I don't know if there is a custom setting for sept splash.
There is no way to customize the splash screen for sept as part of the idea was to expose TX for always stealing Atmosphere's code which they did not do for sept at least. There is one other sept splash screen in existence in the form of Shrekmosphere. Given the name, I assume you can deduce how the splash screen might look like.

Hey! thanks for trying to help! However, I tried replacing vanilla atmos for NeutOS too, but same problem was happening
Try using ReiNX since patches and everything else is pre-bundled.

Reactions: Cyan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1