1. snoofly

snoofly GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    From an earlier post, I was interested to read regarding Tinfoil

According to a trusted source, ALL of the compatibility checks can be disabled by having a valid SX OS license.

I’ve never had a problem even using standard Atmosphère running Tinfoil so wonder if it’s related to that.

akkaniclas and Cyan like this.
  2. alvpf

alvpf Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Are you up to date with cfw, patches, etc? If yes, maybe you could try something similar to what I did regarding FE3H. Remember, it's probably an specific case like mine, and my findings may not work for yours, but you can try! Uninstall your game and delete savefiles (through your system); remove tickets (through tinfoil/goldleaf); if you have AutoRCM enabled, power off your Switch, inject your payload and hold both vol buttons asap untill Maintenance Mode boot; don't do anything on MM, just leave by pressing power button; inject your payload again normally (pay attention if you don't have autorcm); reinstall your game and latest update (if there's one, IDK this app) with tinfoil, with the "reinstall ncas" option enabled and test your game; install dlcs (if there are dlcs) the same way separetedly, testing the game after each dlc installation. If there are more than one dlc, check if they are conficting between them (goldleaf tells you that you're installing something that's already installed, for example).

You can also try different cfw, different booting and patch methods, as in the OP, try what this person said too https://gbatemp.net/threads/atmosph...fusee_primary-only.562812/page-4#post-9028710 (it was the best option for me, before I finally fixed mine)... Good luck!

GODDUKEMONEXA likes this.
  3. GODDUKEMONEXA

GODDUKEMONEXA Member
    Newcomer

Mexico

Thanks but still not working, don't worry found the solution, installed with option STANDARD CRYPTO and works! OwO I didn't know what works in that way, but works! Installed with lithium latest version

alvpf likes this.
  4. bird333

bird333 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    First thanks for the guide! How does one setup a 'Stock-like emuMMC'? I've been wanting to do this forever but I have yet to find a way to do it.

5. Itsuki235

Itsuki235 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Just combine the entries for CFW (EmuMMC) and Stock.

Code:
    [CFW (EMUMMC)]
    fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
    atmosphere=1
    logopath=bootloader/bootlogo.bmp
    icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp
    {}

{--- Stock ---}
    [Stock (SYSNAND)]
    emummc_force_disable=1
    stock=1
    icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp
    {}

Create a new entry:

Code:
    [Stock (EMUMMC)]
    stock=1
    logopath=bootloader/bootlogo.bmp
    icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp
    {}

You can check if you are on stock vs stock emuMMC by having different themes/installed titles.

If that doesn't work, then you will need to read up on https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate and are probably better off asking on Team Atlas's discord.

If I may ask, what is the point of this? What use case do you have in mind for stock-like emuMMC? It is not safe for online play since the emuMMC part should be detectable in some way and show mismatched logs.

PHiLiPZ likes this.
  6. bird333

bird333 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have tried this in the past and it didn't boot. Reading that link it says that stock emummc is not supported. I thought maybe somebody figured it out by now.

7. Itsuki235

Itsuki235 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Oh interesting. In that case, it would be better to ask Team Atlas directly since they know more about fss0= style booting and configuring Hekate.

8. PHiLiPZ

PHiLiPZ GBAtemp Regular

Slovakia
    Stock doesn’t have the redirection to a different device/filesystem. And it’s also useless to emulate since it can be detected as emu and so can’t go online safely so why not just use CFW for emu.

9. Cyan

OP Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Former Staff

France
    stock is supposed to have as less patches as possible, just enough to boot HOS, so I guess it's normal to lose MMC redirection patches too.
    Should I remove that from the guide to prevent more confusion until you get more information about it?

Edit:
    I updated the guide:
    - updated hekate version to 5.2.1
    - removed reference to stock emu
    - added SDFiles as available patch location for hekate patches
    - Added ReiNX, and information about NeutOS dropped support.

I may have made grammar mistake, I'll read myself again and correct later

Last edited by Cyan, May 10, 2020
    Tyvar1, C7XL and MassiveRican like this.
  10. death7lord

death7lord Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello to all. I'm sorry for my stupid questions, but I really need answers..
    Earlier I run Custom FW via SysNAND, now I want use Official FW (with fuse saver) + Custom FW (EmuNAND) [Atmosphere + Hekate + sigpatches].
    But I didn't understand fully - what I need write in hekate_ipl.ini for each case? I see a lot of instructions in internet and all are differets...
    Help me, please.
    # Where do I must use payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee-primary.bin and where fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin ??
    # Does needs for most users only 1+3 (OFW Stock + CFW EmuNAND) or only 2 (CFW SysNAND) ??
    # If needed TinFoil, than using payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee-primary.bin in 2 and 3 ??
    # Are stock=1 needed in 1 ?? If I add it than Switch starts and doesn't have "S" in fw version.
    # Are emummcforce=1 needed in 3 ??
    # Is everything right??

[Stock, with fuse saving, with kernel patches, OFW SysMMC]
    emummc_force_disable=1
    #Also works reboot from Stock to hekate.

[Atmospher, with fuse saving, CFW SysMMC]
    payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee-primary.bin
    emummc_force_disable=1

[Atmospher, with fuse saving, CFW EmuMMC]
    payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee-primary.bin
    emummcforce=1

Last edited by death7lord, May 12, 2020
  11. Snowii123

Snowii123 Newbie
    Newcomer

Czech Republic
    Guys, I'd like to ask you for some guidance here. To admit it straight away, I am decent with following guides but with switch I don't have the full understanding of what some steps exactly do so it is tough for me to troubleshoot my actions myself:

- yesterday I went from 9.0.1 on my emummc to the latest 10.0.2 with 0.12 AMS and 5.2.1 hekate following this guide nh-server.github. io - switch-guide - extras - updating/#updating-emummc-by-dumping-an-updated-firmware-from-your-sysmmc

- in the last step, when you're supposed to use Hekate and go to Launch -> Atmosphere FSS0 Emu I simply went to laucnh CFW (emu) as has been the way for me ever since I got Switch. Then used ChoiDujourNX to get the emummc to the same FW but 2 files were missing for exFAT support, so I opted for an install without it (using FAT32 of course...) which went through

- after the boot all seemed to be well, newer 2020 titles which wouldn't go through awoo installer before can be now installed and run well, however with some (not all older previously installed titles) I get "Corrupted data has been detected" on the home screen. When I delete these titles and try to reinstall I get "invalid NCA signature detected - error 0x00234c02" within the awoo installer so basically I cannot get those titles back now

I suspect the sigpatches will be the reason as awoo installer offers only up to 9.1. in-app update and sigpatch_updater gets stuck probably due to it not being updated yet for 10.0.2 and 0.12 AMS.

I'd be very glad if anyone could point me how to go about this, what to install and how to be able to play all the installed titles again as I'm a bit lost about chain-loading, using fusée-primary and secondary etc. so only reading the 1st post doesn't really fly for me too much and I'd love to avoid having to format 400GB card and start from the scartch... Also I want to keep my sysnand clean and use solely emummc for all this.

Thanks a lot!

12. k3lv1n

k3lv1n Member
    Newcomer

Singapore
    on OFW 10.0.2 & 0.12 AMS, CFW sysnand, put-in a clean set from sdsetup, some titles won't launch. Replaced ES/FS/ACID (manual pull from Haruko github), still same issue. Issue resolved after put-in Haruko's deprecated loader.kip and add kip1=atmosphere/kips/* in hekate_ipl.ini, what could be the cause? btw, now running hekate + vanilla AMS, so far so good.

13. ian611

ian611 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Guys I have atmosphere working great no issues. My OFW stock how can I boot to it - also I think I made a mistake as it was 9.2.0 when I loaded atmosphere. Can anyone tell me how I can access stock?

14. Cyan

OP Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Former Staff

France
    ian :
    do you have AutoRCM ?
    if you don't have autoRCM then shutdown and reboot, the console will boot OFW.

if you have AutoRCM, or always be careful to boot from RCM and want stock from here, you need to use Hekate payload and choose the "stock" option from its boot menu.

Stock is actually an option of Atmosphere with as little patch as possible, but it's STILL an unclean patched firmware, not OFW!
    I don't know if it's possible to boot stock with AMS without using hekate.

ian611 likes this.
  15. ian611

ian611 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Ok will try loading with Hekate - stock option do I need different ini config file or something?
    Hekate 5.1.4 can’t remember will try

thanks for the help

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Worked like a charm. Thanks probably didn’t read carefully

16. horokeusama

horokeusama GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    I'm trying to install an specific .nsp file of a backup released this week, but I always gets the" 2356-0009 Key Generation mismatch (console's firmware is too low)" error. It only happens with this specific backup

I'm on OFW 10.0.2 and Atmosphere 0.12.0|E and I have all the sigpatches from this thread plus the ones from SD Setup.

Am I missing something?

17. tom2199

tom2199 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Are you using Hekate? If so, update to newest version

18. horokeusama

horokeusama GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Yeah, I'm using hekate but no use. Still getting the same error.

19. tom2199

tom2199 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Does it work if you're injecting fusee-primary instead?

20. horokeusama

horokeusama GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Should I edit the hekate ini file and change there or just selecting it through the payload menu on the hekate screen?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Atmosphère, patches, choose