Homebrew [Guide] TLoZ BotW - Save Data Conversion Normal to Master Mode

Valtyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Joyce, I've been trying to convert my save to MM but I've been unable to do it. I tried using a Master Mode save caption.sav (that I downloaded) with my Normal mode game_save.sav but that didn't work. I think I might have not fully understood your instructions.
So I looked into the hex editing (something I've never done), and I can't seem to find the locations you are specifying. Your post is on a few different websites, some have multiple hex locations and others (like this one) only show
0000 0080 offset 03
But to be honest, I have no idea what I'm doing with hex editing. I can't seem to find the location you are referring to.
I'm using the Wii U version of BOTW on Cemu, is it possible the save files are different?
Anyways, is there anyway you could help me out?
I uploaded my BOTW save folder to Google Drive. If you have a few minutes to make the edit I would appreciate it soooo much!
I also found a Master Mode save file online that uses my save version (using 1.4 EUR), I included it in the folder as well.

I understand if you don't have the time, but I would really appreciate it. Or any help at all.

Ok, they won't let me include a link since I'm a new member. So I pasted the link to my google drive in that text file.
Thank you so much!

Attachments

• Cemu Saves Link.txt
    84 bytes · Views: 546

Valtyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually was able to get it working. The MM save file I had downloaded didn't work directly. I loaded into that file, then created a new MM game from it. Then I did the 4 shrines so i had my runes and amiibo ready. Turned amiibo support on and saved the file. Then I copied my Normal save to folders 6 and 7, overwriting the old game_data.sav files. I reloaded Cemu, loaded into the save, and voila! My old save but now on Master Mode!
And yea, everything works great except for the Hero's Path. It shows the path from the old MM file. So unfortunately it won't help me find out where I've not visited, but I think its an OK trade off.
For those that want it, here's the MM save file I used (right after doing the 4 shrines).
Make sure you enable Amiibo in the Options before saving!!! (or it won't work in your new MM save)
I am using BOTW version 1.4 (although I think it still works for 1.41) with Cemu 1.11.3

Hope this helps!

Oh and JoycieC, did you ever find a way to get the Hero Path data over as well?

Attachments

• Current BOTW Master Saves.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 658
Last edited by Valtyr,
Reactions: Diaxious

Diaxious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had to make an account just to Thank You! This helped alot. Didn't think about the amiibo being the issue. As my MM save reverted to normal mode after it crashed. You saved me alot of time. Also thanks for the 4 shrine save that helped alot too!

Last edited by Diaxious,

TheNewOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I actually was able to get it working. The MM save file I had downloaded didn't work directly. I loaded into that file, then created a new MM game from it. Then I did the 4 shrines so i had my runes and amiibo ready. Turned amiibo support on and saved the file. Then I copied my Normal save to folders 6 and 7, overwriting the old game_data.sav files. I reloaded Cemu, loaded into the save, and voila! My old save but now on Master Mode!
And yea, everything works great except for the Hero's Path. It shows the path from the old MM file. So unfortunately it won't help me find out where I've not visited, but I think its an OK trade off.
For those that want it, here's the MM save file I used (right after doing the 4 shrines).
Make sure you enable Amiibo in the Options before saving!!! (or it won't work in your new MM save)
I am using BOTW version 1.4 (although I think it still works for 1.41) with Cemu 1.11.3

Hope this helps!

Oh and JoycieC, did you ever find a way to get the Hero Path data over as well?

Im interested in transfering my normal save to master mode. I have a hacked Switch with Atmosphere. What programs do I need to run? I dont have cemu or a wiiu btw. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F