Hacking [GUIDE] Run (dynarec enabled) NINJHAX with a .cia from latest RXTools -with pasta-

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hqdefault.jpg

First of all, I need to thank @Apache Thunder who gave me light to this idea.

Hello tempers, maybe this is usefull for some, and not a deal for others, but I did it because I was bored and some will want to try the upcoming Ninjhax 2.0.

With this method you won't need a Cubic Ninja Retail copy, only the .cia.

You need:

Steps:

1. Download and setup RXTools with pasta acording this tutorial:
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/unread
  2. Once installed, run the entrypoint of your preference and go to the tab "Advanced".
  3. If you followed the previous RXTools -with pasta- tutorial, you should have your title installer already (FBI,BBM,BRM or Dev_Menu).
  4. Install Cubic Ninja while in devMode, it's very important or you won't have it installed there if you do this on EmuNand.
  5. Once installed, open it and follow the steps for Ninjhax.
  6. On the QR generation part, enter your firmware number, and the last letter, wich can be either E, U or J, choose the one matching your cia region, not the console (i.e. I'm using a US 3DS, my cubic Ninja is EUR, so the letter I used to install Ninjhax was E).
  7. A garbaged screen should appear, be patient and wait, it takes around 30s to 1min.
  8. Ninjhax should be installed now.

As a very important note, you should launch it always on Devmode through RXTools, since it doesn't lock any vuln of the 3DS and let's Ninjhax take advantages such as Dynarec wich some homebrews use, like the GBA emulator.

Images coming soon.

Last edited by DSoryu,

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sure, you can run cubic ninja cia/ninjhax on n3ds sysnand using pasta.
Kinda useless mind since you need CN to boot Pasta :') The only real use to it is running NTR within Pasta, but that can take a few attempts to boot and is rather annoying within itself.

Reactions: andrew weeks

mesenkomaha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With rxTools though, what is the point of ninjahax? I have ninjahax already but have never used it. What am I missing?

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
With rxTools though, what is the point of ninjahax? I have ninjahax already but have never used it. What am I missing?
Well you can boot the Homebrew Launcher to run 3dsx files. I'd like to use it to boot NTR CFW for cheats :) Now if only Rxtools would support the N3DS...

mesenkomaha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotcha so it is pretty much just a .3dsx launcher then? I suppose I never really found a use for that since most applications also can come packed as a .cia

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Gotcha so it is pretty much just a .3dsx launcher then? I suppose I never really found a use for that since most applications also can come packed as a .cia

As I said before, it gives access to some features that .cia don't, such dynarec (Dynamic Recompiler) usefull for devs and used in the GBA emulator that @shinyquagsire23 is developing.

andrew weeks

Trophies
XP
Country
Kinda useless mind since you need CN to boot Pasta :') The only real use to it is running NTR within Pasta, but that can take a few attempts to boot and is rather annoying within itself.
Unles you have a legit Cubic Ninja CIA it won´t let you to boot ninjhax from that cia

havaya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to boot ninjhax from a cia within rxmode as a curiosity, so I can say "look ma, no hands!". The furthest I've gotten in my previous tries was to load into the ninjhax menu, then the apps give an error instead of running, and return to the homebrew menu.

Following this, I actually got it to work. Yay. It looks like booting into devmode gets ninjhax apps to work. Very nice.

I couldn't find the devmode boot option on the 2.6 rxtools (maybe it would work there if I could figure out how to do it), but the devmode option was in plain sight in the Advanced Options menu on the 3.0 beta build linked here:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-...olkit-fw-2-0-9-2.382782/page-330#post-5571515

So yeah, it's like
1. put RxTools and ninjhax on the SD. follow their tutorials (RxTools needs several files, and ninjhax needs the boot.3dsx and 3ds folder with the apps, which aren't allowed to have spaces in their folder names).
2. launch RxTools through browser exploit and install FBI over the health and safety app (check RxTools tutorial to install it properly), then enter devmode (sysnand).
3. corrupt the SD card's dbs folder so you can install stuff with FBI. This part is easy to miss and if you forget it FBI will fail to install to the SD because the dbs folder doesn't exist.
4. launch RxTools devmode and use health FBI to install FBI (lol) and Cubic Ninja to the SD.
5. launch Cubic Ninja, turn Wi-Fi on, and scan the appropriate QR code (alternatively, maybe savedatafiler could put the correct save on the cia).

Then you can ninjhax from the cia. Look, ma, no hands! Using FBI to install FBI is a nice touch, and parallels with how you installed the cubic ninja cia from the cartridge. The finished product is like a ship in a bottle, that was made by the ship itself.
(Optional: Launch RxTools from a local server with the 3DS not actually connected to the internet. I haven't quite figured out how to do this yet, haha. I tried setting the DNS servers to bogus value 192.000.000.000 and connecting to my local host's IP only, which isn't perfect but in practice I don't think it'll ever connect to a non-local page this way. This cheap hack takes a few seconds longer to load the exploit page, though.)

Reactions: DSoryu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.