1. rd2k3

OP rd2k3 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Antigua and Barbuda
    I do not know the group responsible for the translation of ps3. I just posted a youtube video a few posts above. I don't know how to talk to them.

However, in the first post of this topic, I wrote that for anyone who wants to call me PM, I will provide all the tools, projects, source codes that I used or developed for this translation.

So, I’m available if they call me

Retro_Mod_Gamer likes this.
  2. Catiorro
    This message by Catiorro has been removed from public view by gamesquest1, Feb 27, 2020, Reason: - English only please -.
    Feb 27, 2020 Show
  3. Guren302

Guren302 Newbie
    Newcomer

Russia
    It's terrible translation with numerous mistakes. I physicaly feel the pain in my eyes when read this subs. But good for me, I have a copy of this game for PS3. Its better play in Japanese, rather than "google-translate english".

Last edited by Guren302, Mar 10, 2020
    piratesephiroth and VicViper-V like this.
  4. Sotaeko

Sotaeko Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    I was wondering if you could provide me with the tools for the project, there were a few edits I wanted to do.

5. rd2k3

OP rd2k3 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Antigua and Barbuda
    Everyone read what I wrote and was aware of the mistakes from the start, except you. At least, I did something after so many years. I don't care if someone didn't like it, when I helped so many who wanted to play and couldn't because of the Japanese language.

in addition, this translation will make others possible, since I am 99% sure that I am the first to discover how to work correctly with moflex videos and help others 8 guys

I will send you a message inbox

Last edited by rd2k3, Mar 9, 2020
    Nutez, emcintosh and Retro_Mod_Gamer like this.
  6. Retro_Mod_Gamer

Retro_Mod_Gamer GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    You did a great job, I appreciate you stepping up and translating the most requested JPN game after 7 years of people begging for it. I wish more people would step up and translate games like you did.

Nutez, emcintosh and rd2k3 like this.
  7. riesyukira

riesyukira Advanced Member
    Newcomer

It would've been easier to get help proofreading for the translation since most of the members here can easily understand/comprehend basic English and has decent ability to correct grammar and such.

While I and the rest of the community acknowledge and appreciate all of your hard work and how hard it was for you to do all of it all on your own, you should've reconsidered the possibility of getting at least 1 or 2 persons to help you with the translation work since you got the technical stuff covered and all.

rd2k3 likes this.
  8. Plasmaster09

Plasmaster09 Social Justice Potato

United States
    Wait, what? That's... a really horrible way to implement text in a game. It's even more convoluted than Earthbound's text, which was an ENTIRE FREAKING SCRIPTING LANGUAGE THING!

9. Guren302

Guren302 Newbie
    Newcomer

Russia
    For example, you translate "よろしくね" (yoroshiku ne) as "regards" as google says. IDK why you cant double-check meaning of all text not only in Google Translate. Of course you do a good job with moflex videos, but in the other hand we have really horrible translation.
    Also, that BIG YELLOW LETTERS loks gross.
    Why other translators making a beta-tests for his projects, and you just release raw unedited version of this project?

10. ExData7

ExData7 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You're free to clean up the translation you know... besides he made it very clear from the beginning that he was using Google translate no need to berate the guy over something that was public knowledge because it's not up to "your" standards

Sent from my Z971 using Tapatalk

zfreeman, rd2k3 and Nutez like this.
  11. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Serbia, Republic of
    Ya? it's better for me in google-translate english, than japanese, but that's just me. Not as pretentious, prolly.

zfreeman and rd2k3 like this.
  12. rd2k3

OP rd2k3 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Antigua and Barbuda
    I hope to clarify all doubts with these answers

- I am Brazilian, I have no knowledge of Japanese and I have very little knowledge of English

- if translated into Portuguese, it would be much better, but I preferred to benefit the whole world, instead of only Brazil

- this was a very ambitious project, because besides languages, I don't know how to edit videos or photos (I learned a little because I needed to)

- as it was my first project in romhacking (ZERO knowledge), I was always discovering new things to do (from the beginning to the end of the project), so that it was very difficult to delegate tasks. Imagine I give someone a task, and then say that this is not what I wanted, that I got confused, make the person lose a lot of work

- most people just wanted a translation of the menus. I did a LOT more than that. If it weren't for me, this translation would NEVER be released

- I believe that the grammar in the videos has gotten better. This is due to a simple fact, since I watched video by video and translated it in real time, analyzing the context of each one (as for the grotesque yellow letters, which were the best and most readable I found)

- I already had other personal projects planned for 2020, and I would have to finish everything by 2019. Even if there were other people helping, there would be no time (there are 30,000 lines of text and 3000 of videos). In addition, to those who want to improve ex troopers or do other projects, I opened doors. Since the launch of the translation, I have made my translation tools and projects available, as well as tutorials created by me. Not everything is on the internet, it was very difficult to acquire this knowledge (like MOFLEX videos, the greatest proof of this)

- about having released without the correction, I was only referring to the centralization of texts and to play the whole game, to see if there would be no other BUG to stop the game (I was unable to play it in 2019 ...)

- I don't like to play for playing. I like to understand the story, and my translation gave me a complete understanding of it. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO UNDERSTAND JAPANESE IMAGES AND VIDEOS ONLY

- and finally, different from what everyone thinks, translating this game is not just ctrl + C and ctrl + V. If you do this, it will give error, crash. Apart from the issue of titles, names that appeared in only 1 letter were corrected, and several other problems solved throughout the project. People think it's just a text file, look and translate, look and translate. It would be too easy ...

LAST, BUT NOT LESS IMPORTANT, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, TRANSLATE YOURSELF !!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you very much for the affection, support and good messages from the 99% who followed me here

Last edited by rd2k3, Mar 11, 2020
  13. HaseoArmahem

HaseoArmahem Newbie
    Newcomer

Ukraine
    Thank you for your work and help to understand what is what in game. Enjoing with my not good english, but it something(better than japan). You give me tones of fun) Good job, please ,don't stop on what you have)

rd2k3 likes this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [TRANSLATION], [RELEASE], Troopers