Hacking [Guide] Kafluke's HardMod CBHC Unbrick guide

Johannus_NL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Issue not solved. possibly I broke it with a wrong pinout or connecting the chip with the tsop-clip. I wrote the NAND successfully, both banks, right size, with external power 3.3 volt to the NAND. Still a solid red light.
I'm looking for a diagram of the mainbord to see if I can power it on with an alternative path than the poweron button.

Johannus_NL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If i buy this teensy and that small black voltage... What also???? I see that on AliExpress
Hi Danook, what might help is getting the headerpins to solder onto the teensy and also 'dupont female' cables. If you like to solder the wire to the mainboard, you might just cut-of the connectors on one side and plug the wires onto the headerpins you solder.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Danook, let me give you an advise. Order a few teensies and voltage regulators in case you screw one up.

Attachments

• teensy2.JPG
    teensy2.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 228
  • teensy1.JPG
    teensy1.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 241
  • teensy3.JPG
    teensy3.JPG
    226.7 KB · Views: 242

Txistedninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish someone that has unbricked their Wii U Using this Tutorial could make a Video of the process. I feel like probably no one has been successful except OP

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think a video might be confusing. that's generally not what you'd use for soldering. you'd use schematics/diagram or drawings and some pictures of the board. if you mean not knowing what to buy, I wouldn't try this then. just buy a new wii u for $60 before you permanently break your bricked wii u.

Txistedninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think a video might be confusing. that's generally not what you'd use for soldering. you'd use schematics/diagram or drawings and some pictures of the board. if you mean not knowing what to buy, I wouldn't try this then. just buy a new wii u for $60 before you permanently break your bricked wii u.
I actually bought two extra Wii U's for like 70 each just in case lol

carlos1984

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks for your suggestion, I tried that too. But the CD Drive doesn't respond when inserting a disk. it doesn't take it in.
I had the same problem with mine it seems like I damaged something. Soldid red light nothing happens when power is turned on. Let me know if you find a solution.

carlos1984

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Issue not solved. possibly I broke it with a wrong pinout or connecting the chip with the tsop-clip. I wrote the NAND successfully, both banks, right size, with external power 3.3 volt to the NAND. Still a solid red light.
I'm looking for a diagram of the mainbord to see if I can power it on with an alternative path than the poweron button.
Hi Johannus,

You seem to be having the same problem as me, I successfully flashed my backup, made before CFW. I reassembled my unit and it came on but said it optical drive was not connected, so once I connected it jjsut stayedon the loading screen with out an error code.
So I attemped to reflash it but would not connect properly anymore, kept giving errors when attempting to write.
I went ahead anyways and after numberous attempts the board would not display a blue light just solid red light.
I am think that due to all the fiddling around I damaged something cause when I move the mainboard I do hear a light creaking /click as if a solder joint is loose. I think it is on a nand chip cause some times depending on how I position the board I do get a reaction from the connected teensy.

What I would love to know is when testing what devices need to be connected, for example will the wiiu power up if any of the network chips are removed?
or if the heat sink is removed. in order to get access to the pins I needed I removed the heat sink and tried flashing it without putting the heat sink back and just used a small 12v powered fan.

Now my board just shows a solid light ,nothing after pressing power,no video output teensy sometimes sees the chip but trying to write gives sector errors.

Also if you find a way to fix your problem please let me know.

I hope someone finds an easier way to try and bring these systems back from the dead.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope someone finds an easier way to try and bring these systems back from the dead.

I'm hoping wup or something can be used. you can ftp on the ps3 if you have it enabled and you've soft bricked instead of having to reinstall the firmware. it works most of the time unless something catastrophic is wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw