Hacking [GUIDE] Installing games on your WiiU from a .WUD image

jerzmob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[MEGA] Call of Duty-Black Ops II [NTSC-U-USB] [DiscU Rip]
[MEGA] Call of Duty-Black Ops II [Region Free-USB] [DiscU Rip]

You sure your on the right site? (Look up "that iso site" and replace the 3ds part of the url with wiiu)

Yep they are one big fat file. not in parts. also our posts might get deleted because...well...need I say more.

Last edited by jerzmob,

Mächtig

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
i still cant figure this out what kind of file do i save it as and what do i name it game.key or disc.key EDIT= Nevermind i figured it out

For me it is difficult to explain but I will try.

First you need a hex editor, it can be any, there are many available on the web, my favorite is the 010 Editor but this is not freeware.

Once you have it installed open it and activate the hex button and there is where you write or paste the title key, once done this saves as game.key.

example.jpg

As you can see in the capture, I have written the title key in hexadecimal mode, in fact the key is in hex, to the right where you see the strange characters is how they would look when opening the file with a normal text editor.

I hope I've helped you.

Last edited by Mächtig,
Reactions: ronopotomus

tommaloney

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can i get help finding the discu 4.1b download. i have used google and the twitter link has been suspended.

any help greatly appreciated

Thank you

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can i get help finding the discu 4.1b download. i have used google and the twitter link has been suspended.

any help greatly appreciated

Thank you
If your goal is extracting the install files from the WUD then this will do it.

https://github.com/FIX94/wud2app

--- Single WUD File Usage ---
wud2app common.key game.key game.wud

--- Wudump Folder Usage ---
wud2app "/full/path/to/folder"

Last edited by DanTheMan827,

tommaloney

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If your goal is extracting the install files from the WUD then this will do it.

https://github.com/FIX94/wud2app

--- Single WUD File Usage ---
wud2app common.key game.key game.wud

--- Wudump Folder Usage ---
wud2app "/full/path/to/folder"

Thanks, my goal is to take a 23 gig WUD file and install it with yupinstaller mod y to a usb drive. I have been reading a lot and i think i am on the right track.....well i hope so anyways

Thanks again

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, my goal is to take a 23 gig WUD file and install it with yupinstaller mod y to a usb drive. I have been reading a lot and i think i am on the right track.....well i hope so anyways

Thanks again
Yep, this'll do the job just fine

You do need the Wii U common key with this app though...

If you can't find it on the internet you wudump will dump the file... (if you don't want to dump an entire disc just let it run for a little and power off the Wii U, the common key is the first file dumped)

tommaloney

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yep, this'll do the job just fine

You do need the Wii U common key with this app though...

If you can't find it on the internet you wudump will dump the file... (if you don't want to dump an entire disc just let it run for a little and power off the Wii U, the common key is the first file dumped)

having no luck with this!! :(. the game i am trying to do is minecraftstory mode. U wizard says i have the right common key but the key that cam with the game, it says that wrong.... i look on line and get a different key and thats wrong too. the title id is BAKE01. any suggestions ??

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
having no luck with this!! :(. the game i am trying to do is minecraftstory mode. U wizard says i have the right common key but the key that cam with the game, it says that wrong.... i look on line and get a different key and thats wrong too. the title id is BAKE01. any suggestions ??
Uwizard shouldn't know about Minecraft Story Mode, unless you have an updated gamedatabase.txt from somewhere, so it can't tell you on the main screen that the key is wrong. DiscU's output (after you click Extract Game Files) will tell you though.

Anyway, what Uwizard calls the title key is the wud key. Don't confuse that with the encrypted NUS key. For BAKE01, the wud key ends with the same byte (two hex chars) that the common key starts with. If you're using something else, it's not going to work.

Be sure that if you're importing the key from a 16 byte key file, you've renamed it with a .bin extension so Uwizard sees it and imports it properly.

Just to make sure it was working, I continued with extracting the files using uwizard without any problem. Of course, that gives you a loadiine format game, which isn't what this thread is about, but it shows that the key works.

tommaloney

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Uwizard shouldn't know about Minecraft Story Mode, unless you have an updated gamedatabase.txt from somewhere, so it can't tell you on the main screen that the key is wrong. DiscU's output (after you click Extract Game Files) will tell you though.

Anyway, what Uwizard calls the title key is the wud key. Don't confuse that with the encrypted NUS key. For BAKE01, the wud key ends with the same byte (two hex chars) that the common key starts with. If you're using something else, it's not going to work.

Be sure that if you're importing the key from a 16 byte key file, you've renamed it with a .bin extension so Uwizard sees it and imports it properly.

Just to make sure it was working, I continued with extracting the files using uwizard without any problem. Of course, that gives you a loadiine format game, which isn't what this thread is about, but it shows that the key works.

you would not have a working link to disc 4.1b? thats seems to be the program. i will try what you said

Thanks again

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
hey guys, just now downloaded some backup of shantae half genie hero , and it came with the following files v-shgh.key v-shgh.nfo and v-shgh.wux

how do i extract the app files from these ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Looks like a Famicom handheld