Hacking [Guide] Install a9lh without buying anything in 11.2

Did you get a9lh from 11.2 following this guide?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The poll asks who did it with this guide. You could've installed it with another guide, or maybe you tried to follow this when the cart fix was unknown, etc.

It may be the most famous and recommended, but it's not official. For a guide to be official, it would have to be made by AuroraWright, because we're using her tools (Mostly), a9lh fork and CFW or by Nintendo, but that's not gonna happen (Nintendo). Even if she recommended his, it still wouldn't be official, but recommended by the author, like some very select fanfics.

It's official in agreement between the homebrew developers and community, first and foremost because it's easy to read and prevents silly people from bricking for dumb reasons, and that's all that matters. And not to say your guide is bad, but plailect's is just a lot more legible. Now if this were 8 months ago, when plailect's guide was still one big wall of text like yours, then you would have a fighting chance.

GaleWindscar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I did this with no problem weeks ago, but I just realized I had no backup of the NANDmin.bin file? Am I like in deep sh*t or what?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So I did this with no problem weeks ago, but I just realized I had no backup of the NANDmin.bin file? Am I like in deep sh*t or what?

What? First of all if you installed A9LH you made a backup during that process and then used it to restore your system.

Secondly if you want a backup now on your current A9LH system then all you need to do is hold start when you power on the device and make a backup on the SysNAND options menu. You're only in "deep shit" if something goes awry though - presumably nothing has so far? You really should make a backup though.

If what you mean is that you're modding another console now and did not make a backup then the answer is still no but before I get into that I'd really like to know what your actual question is.

Just a question,
Can i play nds roms with this ?

Thank you

There's an HB app that lets you play NDS roms, but it's still under development and it's compatability list is very small. I would not recommend it in it's current state. Why not just buy a DSi flashcart? The R4 can be bought for like five bucks and it works with Luma3DS.

Last edited by Distrance,

GaleWindscar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What? First of all if you installed A9LH you made a backup during that process and then used it to restore your system.

Secondly if you want a backup now on your current A9LH system then all you need to do is hold start when you power on the device and make a backup on the SysNAND options menu. You're only in "deep shit" if something goes awry though - presumably nothing has so far? You really should make a backup though.

If what you mean is that you're modding another console now and did not make a backup then the answer is still no but before I get into that I'd really like to know what your actual question is.

Yeah I did back it up at first on the process. I thought I backed it up in my PC before proceeding on deleting the unnecessary files on my SD. I noticed this when I installed A9LH (now using Plailect's guide @ 3ds.guide) then I compared all the things I backed up before and noticed I was missing the NANDmin.bin file. And yeah, nothing's wrong with my system. I was just wondering. Anyways, thanks for replying! I made a backup right away! :)

Reactions: Distrance

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sounds like someone is jealous.
Was anything I said a lie? I don't think so.
Maybe your guide is just as good i didn't use it so i don't know. What's the benefit of using this guide vs plailects?
Only thing mine has that Plailect's don't is the arm11.bin loading troubleshooting. I updated the safehax that fixed the cart workaround first too, but that doesn't matters anymore, and I use fasthax+safehax. Back when it was released, it had literally every benefit, because his guide still used the DSiWare/Hardmod method.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and prevents silly people from bricking for dumb reasons
Most of the time. Some people still brick for dumb reasons using his guide.
Now if this were 8 months ago, when plailect's guide was still one big wall of text like yours, then you would have a fighting chance.
When this guide was released, it kept having 3,000+ people viewing it every single minute, most of them guests. The first 25 pages were made at the day the guide was posted, which happened Jan 3rd, around 5PM.

Last edited by Hyoretsu,
Reactions: comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Only thing mine has that Plailect's don't is the arm11.bin loading troubleshooting. I updated the safehax that fixed the cart workaround first too, but that doesn't matters anymore, and I use fasthax+safehax. Back when it was released, it had literally every benefit, because his guide still used the DSiWare/Hardmod method.

Most of the time. Some people still brick for dumb reasons using his guide.

When this guide was released, it kept having 3,000+ people viewing it every single minute, most of them guests.
I'll read your guide. I'm curious to see if it's easier.

Maybe you should change the title of the poll because most people think that the NO votes means they bricked.

player594

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There's an HB app that lets you play NDS roms, but it's still under development and it's compatability list is very small. I would not recommend it in it's current state. Why not just buy a DSi flashcart? The R4 can be bought for like five bucks and it works with Luma3DS.
Ask does the Acekard2i

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

player594

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You know you don't have to be lying to be jealous. But when the majority prefers one over the other, it's tends to be considered "Official". Just saying.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. The poll title says following this guide.
2. I can't. It's locked. The title and options.
Understood however a no vote could be interpreted as i followed this guide and didn't get a9lh. At least to noobs like me cuz when I first saw this thread thats what held me back from installing cfw. If it wasn't for people shoving the 3ds.guide in my face constantly i wouldn't have gotten the courage to go through with it.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Understood however a no vote could be interpreted as i followed this guide and didn't get a9lh. At least to noobs like me cuz when I first saw this thread thats what held me back from installing cfw. If it wasn't for people shoving the 3ds.guide in my face constantly i wouldn't have gotten the courage to go through with it.
I thought it was because you wanted to feel better about wasting money on a flashcard, considering how you lied about 3ds.guide having "corrupt" 7z files.

Last edited by GerbilSoft, , Reason: s/flash cart/flashcard/

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
After installing A9LH successfully, the following files in the /files9 folder, are they still important or backup-worthy?

-localfriendcodeseed_b
-movable.sed
-secureinfo_a
-configsave.bin
-native_firm.app
-native_firm.bin

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
After installing A9LH successfully, the following files in the /files9 folder, are they still important or backup-worthy?

-localfriendcodeseed_b
-movable.sed
-secureinfo_a
-configsave.bin
-native_firm.app
-native_firm.bin
You can delete them. If you ever need them, you can simply dump them again.

Reactions: Searinox

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i have a 3ds i'm fixen to hack when i get more info that is on 11.1 so this will also work for it? i don't really wont to have to use slow hax thing.

Last edited by leerpsp,

rafaeloz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
Hi hyoretsu. I use your guide thanks. I just update to 11.3. Any regards?

Enviado do meu iPad usando Tapatalk

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
so i have a 3ds i'm fixen to hack when i get more info that is on 11.1 so this will also work for it? i don't really wont to have to use slow hax thing.
IIRC, it should work.
Hi hyoretsu. I use your guide thanks. I just update to 11.3. Any regards?
Just update homebrew launcher payloads and BootNTR Selector, if you use any.

Last edited by Hyoretsu,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0