Hacking [GUIDE] How to not accidently update your sysNAND!

pikanag

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I have seen many posts about how people have accidentally updated their sysnand rather than their emunand.

1. Setup folders on your sysnand home screen to spell out the word SYSNAND.
//each folder can have 1 main letter, which will appear as it's title.

it should look like this
S[Y]S[N][A][N][D]
or
S[Y]S
[N][A][N][D]
if you use multiple rows

2. use a distinctive theme to distinguish emunand and sysnand.
//you can buy a theme from eshop or download it online and use gateway for it

since you're not going to be using sysnand much, you shouldn't even bother giving it a theme unless it's very distinctive.

i use the default home menu for my sysNand and the smash bros theme for the emunand. if you think your on sysnand, just check your home menu for the sysnand folder letters or the theme.

i hope this guide helps!

Reactions: Margen67 and nastys

Jasin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not only do I have a different Theme I only have the settings menu. Plus I don't even have a WiFi profile in sysnand since there isn't a need for Internet.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is more like "How To Not Be Confused If You're On Sysnand or Emunand". There's already plenty of guides here that help prevent people from updating their sysNAND. Like deleting all the network wifis through system settings on sysNAND while emuNAND still has the network wifis saved and intact. Unless you're talking about people who have downloaded the update data and started having the update nags appearing many times.

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When my sysnand starts up, I'm in a 2 row settings and the browser is always highlighted.
When I'm in my emunand, 3 rows of stuff.

One I changed my sysnand theme and it chanced my emunand theme also, but I didn't think of changing my emunand theme only. doh!

Anyways, I like your idea.

Rhokk222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is good for people that have separated SYSnand from their EMUnand. I just keep mine joined (for now), as I don't really use cia's too much to worry about joint 'nands.

My setup is SYSnand 9.2 and EMUnand 9.4 and using .3ds/.3dz's. Doing this lets me have the best of everything. Most importantly, I keep my saves from my retail carts! When there is a reason to go 4.5 SYSnand or seperate the 'nands, I'll do it.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
This is good for people that have separated SYSnand from their EMUnand. I just keep mine joined (for now), as I don't really use cia's too much to worry about joint 'nands.

My setup is SYSnand 9.2 and EMUnand 9.4 and using .3ds/.3dz's. Doing this lets me have the best of everything. Most importantly, I keep my saves from my retail carts! When there is a reason to go 4.5 SYSnand or seperate the 'nands, I'll do it.

So you can play games through Gateway as long as you have sysnand between 4.5 and 9.2 right, why do people downgrade then? :unsure:

D

Deleted-355425

So you can play games through Gateway as long as you have sysnand between 4.5 and 9.2 right, why do people downgrade then? :unsure:
You can use the blue gateway cart on 4.x to launch your exploit instead of going online and going through the browser and doing the new exploit.

Reactions: Margen67

pdaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When my sysnand starts up, I'm in a 2 row settings and the browser is always highlighted.
When I'm in my emunand, 3 rows of stuff.

One I changed my sysnand theme and it chanced my emunand theme also, but I didn't think of changing my emunand theme only. doh!

Anyways, I like your idea.

I use a similar way apart from I use a single row of icons on sysnand and 4 rows on emunand.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Just configure your router to not allow connections to ALL nintendo sites.

but then how would you view them on your pc, use a proxy?

Regardless, thats a good idea, I also like how with new nintendo 3ds u can turn off wifi in settings as opposed to a switch on the side I guess

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-