Restoring an old (outdated) sysNAND backup?

Daaabs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a totally clean backup of my Switch V1 sysNAND from many years ago (firmware version 13)

I recently updated the (clean) sysNAND to version 16.1 using Nintendo's servers and downloaded some free games

BUT

Then I accidentally overwrote it with the (dirty) emuNAND

So how do I update my (v13) sysNAND backup? I can't flash it to my Switch because it causes a fuse mismatch and it won't boot. Can I flash it to the emuNAND and update that via Nintendo's servers?

Alternatively, can I just delete everything from the emuNAND-on-sysNAND and make it a regular sysNAND again? I know that there's a NAND cleaner made by Haku33, but the notes say that it only supports up to v16.0.1, and I'm on v16.1.0

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Daaabs you can inject your 13.x dump, use hekate to boot "stock" (*), then go online to update to 16.1.0
this is what I did on my V1 Switch (works great online, not banned) to remove everything related to the hack on my sysMMC (never used emuMMC on that one)

(*) Hekate entry to add/use :

[Original]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1

Reactions: Daaabs

Daaabs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Daaabs you can inject your 13.x dump, use hekate to boot "stock" (*), then go online to update to 16.1.0
this is what I did on my V1 Switch (works great online, not banned) to remove everything related to the hack on my sysMMC (never used emuMMC on that one)

[Original]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
But when I inject the 13.x dump, stock won't launch because it expects 16.x firmware

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but it's dirty. And Haku33 only officially supports up to 16.0.1

It does boot though

Well Haku is useless for this it doesn't prevent a ban, in your case on 13.x.x you can try to see if sysnand boot under hekate

{--- Custom Firmware ---}
[CFW (SYSNAND)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/sysnand.bmp
{}

You can try this.

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
But when I inject the 13.x dump, stock won't launch because it expects 16.x firmware

why do you think I said : use hekate to boot ? with the boot entry needed ?

of course, the ORIGINAL bootloader checks fuse count.
not Hekate, NOR atmosphere...and the fact is you can boot stock, with Hekate and Atmosphere.

I have injected a 4.x dump with a 15.x fuse count on my V1 Switch. So, I repeat : it works.

Daaabs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
why do you think I said : use hekate to boot ? with the boot entry needed ?

of course, the ORIGINAL bootloader checks fuse count.
not Hekate, NOR atmosphere...and the fact is you can boot stock, with Hekate and Atmosphere.

I have injected a 4.x dump with a 15.x fuse count on my V1 Switch. So, I repeat : it works.
Oh right, I missed that. Thought it was a forum signature or something. How do I use that code? Do I put it in its own .ini file? Or add it to the existing one?
Post automatically merged:

Well Haku is useless for this it doesn't prevent a ban, in your case on 13.x.x you can try to see if sysnand boot under hekate

{--- Custom Firmware ---}
[CFW (SYSNAND)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/sysnand.bmp
{}

You can try this.
Do I add that to the existing .ini file or make a new one in bootloader/ini ?
Post automatically merged:

[Original]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
This worked, thanks

For anyone reading this in the future, I copied the existing hekate_ipl.ini to the bootloader/ini folder and edited it in Windows, changing the code to this ^ and saving it (NOT as a .txt file)

I got some other errors but I fixed them by updating my SD contents (used the minimal Switch bundle on sdsetup.com)

Last edited by Daaabs,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto