Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Fellow said:
If graphic superiority for each system is really that important, watch this video to decide.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33469.html

GAMETRAILERS video?
The site that used composite cable for capturing PS3 video and compared to component cable captured X360 video?
(They no longer do that for "big" multiplatform games like GTA4)
The site that turns off full-RGB option for PS3 in order to make its video look bleached?

I mean, it's not your fault that you get tricked by GT because they never tell you what settings they use.
But IMO, saying GT is fair is like saying invasion of Iraq was to keep the world peace and to protect citizens.
(You can totally disregard my analogy if you agree with the latter)

Fellow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It matters not anyways, I can't believe someone actually cares about which system has better graphics.

D

Deleted User

OP
thebobevil said:
gameplay > graphics
Yeah, but if you have both consoles (I don't btw) and have to decide one or the other, where gameplay is the same, you'd choose the one with better graphics, right?

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No ... I wouldn't ...

I'd choose the 360 version, regardless, as it has exclusive rights to all the downloadable content ... PS3 owners will have to wait for the expansion disc in 2009 ... Microsoft threw a pile of cash at Rockstar to ensure this ...

Fellow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does it matter which system has the better graphics?

Graphics alone cannot conclude which system is superior, there are many other factors.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thebobevil said:
No ... I wouldn't ...

I'd choose the 360 version, regardless, as it has exclusive rights to all the downloadable content ... PS3 owners will have to wait for the expansion disc in 2009 ... Microsoft threw a pile of cash at Rockstar to ensure this ...

I don't think these exclusive downloadables should be a major deciding factor to which system has the better version. You have to look at how each version runs on the system, and the gameplay is the same so that only leaves the graphics to help you decide(which isn't that big of a difference)

D

Deleted User

OP
Who said anything about an expansion disc?

Seems like it'll be DLC too.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
warmijwilfaain said:

Microsoft paid $50 million to secure the 360's exclusive right to DLC ... PS3 owners will bet the content on a disc, if they wish to purchase it, next year ... do some research ...

D

Deleted User

OP
thebobevil said:
warmijwilfaain said:

Microsoft paid $50 million to secure the 360's exclusive right to DLC ... PS3 owners will bet the content on a disc, if they wish to purchase it, next year ... do some research ...
In the original article, the maker of the game said 'I'm sure PS3 will be getting downloadable content too'. The DLC contract was probably Timed Exclusive.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
PS3 gets a DLC, 360 gets that same DLC PLUS a 360-exclusive DLC.
MS bought an exclusive DLC "content" not the format which extra content gets delivered.
That's how I interpreted it.

I'd say the graphics are pretty even, it really depends on your display and preference. It's either blurry graphics that hide flaws, or sharper image with flaws. Frame rate suffers on both systems, graphic isn't the strong point of GTA4 IMO.

Personally I don't get the thing about DLC, I know I won't be playing GTA4 till September. It'll surely last till June 3rd but after that...?

P.S. On 1080P my component cable hooked up 360 GTA4 looks way better than X360 720P HDMI direct capture, praise the upscaling.

edit: spelling failure

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Thug4L1f3 said:
offtopic84 said:
According to pixel counters, the PS3 version runs at a lower resolution than the 360 and according to forum members there is a lot of freezing
rofl2.gif

Saw the same article I think, also:

"PS3 owners of GTA IV are reporting that they are receiving errors when trying to connect online with the game to play a multi-player game. They have been receiving the following message: "Cannot connect to game provider, please try again."

Rockstar: If game freezes, erase game data and start over
According to a chap over at the US PlayStation forums, a Rockstar has said that those who are experiencing problems with GTA IV freezing should "erase the game data (the original install and the game saves) and then start over." This apparently solves the issue.

PS3 GTA IV runs at 640p *UPDATE*

After receiving some better ps3 screens, Quaz51 from the beyond3d forum has concluded that the PS3 version of GTA IV does indeed run at 640p w/o AA. However a "good post-process filter on PS3 version do a good job for hide aliasing and improve visual." The 360 version runs at 720p + 2AA. (Thanks Artur) UPDATE: Also, one site has found that "there is no full-screen video mode for in-game TV in the Xbox 360 version." The PS3 version does has this option but with the 360 you are forced to "view what's on the box in a small viewing area."

quote:

Good news, dot50cal send me very good screenshot (thanks) and finally it's 1152x640p (and no AA) exactly like Halo3, perfect Dark or Dark sector PS3
even though i has clearly identified 7/8 recurrence on many different edge and screenshot but insufficient edge lenght and bad screenshot lead astray me, sorry, it's finally 8/9 and 9/10 recurrence, it's the final result!

quote:

Originally Posted by GAZOman
I think it would be nice if someone would just add all the info into one post because the thing gets kind of confusing.

well, I have both versions at home - its GTA so I would like to have the best version anyway.

I don't need to count pixels to tell you that neither of the versions is native 720p - 360 is NOT 720p and has almost as much aliasing as halo3 did. just compare a real 720p game to the 360 version of GTA4 side by side and you could end all the speculation within a second.

if you ask me, the differences are very minor - I will look into it tonight again. one thing is for sure: the PS3 has not better AA like IGN and other reviews were implying and the framerate in general is horrible in both versions. after the dithering debate I will mostly look into that, the HDR thing and of course a deep comparison of framerates.

PS: this thread is up on eurogamer and n4g
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=134736

no, 360 version is clearly 720p AAx2 but good post-process filter on PS3 version do a good job for hide aliasing and imrove visual, and the little more blurry aspect with more hot tint make a more cinematic feeling, probably what some tester like on PS3 version, and with less pop-in, finally every version is good (phew.... it's delicate topic )

News Source: beyond3d and beyond3d

News Source: videogamer

Not seen anything about the 360 version except this:
Reps from Rockstar called the Opie and Anthony radio show today to talk about GTA IV. Rockstar said on the show that they are already working on the Xbox 360 DLC and that it may be released as soon as this summer (earlier than Microsoft's announcement that it will be coming of this Autumn).

Not saying the 360 version is better, decide that for yourself, just spreading news
smile.gif

Currently at 27% completion.

Have to put the bullshit to rest.
http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=388602

feds4u

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rofl.gif

So the PS3 version is running in SUB HD? 640p? That's ridiculous.

PS3 version is crashing systems, has screwed up online, and its ruined by Six Aixs/DS3 controller.

Here the fanboys thought this game would help them win the war and its now become their biggest liability.

The PS3 version of GTAIV is fuxxored!

No DLC for you.

feds4u

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ZeWarriorReturns said:

That post was already disproven by more reputable sources.

Damn Sony, get your act together. Forced installations, horrible controllers, shoddy frame rates, sub HD visuals, and now an epidemic of crashing systems. GTAIV may wind up hurting the PS3 more than anything else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.