ROM Hack GTA Trilogy modding

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
this just shows the fallacy of people thinking heat is the ONLY issue of overclocking
I can't imagine any other problem than heat, considering the stock clocks of the SOC are just higher and they are downclocked only to preserve battery time.

Switch was probably a rebranded Nvidia Tablet X1 to being with, so it was probably clocked higher in it's original form, until the joy-cons.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they are downclocked only to preserve battery time.
if this was actually realistic (it isn't) then docked mode would just fully max out its clock speeds but it doesn't for good reason and it isn't heat either the switch doesn't even get close to hot enough to overheat. as I said people are stuck on the mindset of heat being the only issue never taking anything else such as powerdraw and voltage into mind

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is audio format ?
I don't think the audio files or a "mod" has been discovered on the Switch version to allow altering or add missing songs, yet, if that's your question. But yes would love to have a User/ Custom station to play my own mp3 personally.

So calling out! If anyone here can create a .pak or a exefs_patch maybe(?) that would allow a user radio station. I don't know much about the process or if possible, but thank you all very much for all your hard work!

Last edited by BigOnYa,

Yeseah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

davy123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We know already that sound files for Switch are using different codecs than PC. So don't know what you expect to happen by trying other sound mods.

Messy textures may be related to swizzle that is probably used in all uexp textures. Dunno about ubulk textures
First off, Thank you for all your hard work. You are the man!
On that note, do you/we know anything about the audio files? Like what type of files they are, or what type of codecs they do use? And more to the point, is there a way to maybe alter those audio files in any way? Like maybe take out existing songs and replace with our own, using that codec compression. I don't know, just throwing out ideas. Thanks again and have a nice day.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
First off, Thank you for all your hard work. You are the man!
On that note, do you/we know anything about the audio files? Like what type of files they are, or what type of codecs they do use? And more to the point, is there a way to maybe alter those audio files in any way? Like maybe take out existing songs and replace with our own, using that codec compression. I don't know, just throwing out ideas. Thanks again and have a nice day.
Switch is using .wav files. uexp contains headers of those files + main header containing info about all common metadata in ubulk, ubulk is a blob of actual data.
Iirc PC release is using ogg files.

Dunno how to read uexp though. umodel could help understand it.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried messing around with the audio files at all? Like can we change the .wav file to a diff .wav file, but rename to same as orig, so header won't need changed? Would that theoretically, change that song to diff in game?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Have you tried messing around with the audio files at all? Like can we change the .wav file to a diff .wav file, but rename to same as orig, so header won't need changed? Would that theoretically, change that song to diff in game?
There is no "renaming". Audio files are packed to blobs without using any names, just integers used as IDs.
You can use probably umodel to extract playable WAVs and use that to locate files in ubulk and headers in uexp. And no - I wasn't working on it. I'm not currently playing GTA until they will fix this mess.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no "renaming". Audio files are packed to blobs without using any names, just integers used as IDs.
You can use probably umodel to extract playable WAVs and use that to locate files in ubulk and headers in uexp. And no - I wasn't working on it. I'm not currently playing GTA until they will fix this mess.
Thank you for your answers, comments, and help. :grog:

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With O/C and the graphics mod....it's not that bad, playable. But yea, should of been better. Sad, it plays better on a $50 Amazon/Android tablet than it does on the Switch....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Black unmarked vans with red writing, will come to your house again if you do.