PS1/2 GRiD PS3/360 comparison video -- or is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
GameTrailers.com has become infamous for their comparison videos of multiplatform titles spread across the PlayStation 3 and XBOX 360, but they've seemed to decide to take it one step further. After the entire Devil May Cry 4 debacle that left a lot of gamers displeased on both sides of the spectrum, one would expect a similar situation from not taking place later on. They've recently released their side-by-side comparison of the latest demo, GRiD, produced by Codemasters. We've included the video below.

Now, what you just saw was a straight comparison between both formats, but it leaves you wondering as to why GameTrailers decided to pull this comparison video from their website. You might be able to find the answer out as to why in the video below.

The question we're trying to have answered much like a lot of other gamers are is, "How many other times has this occured?" In a world where gaming journalism has become heavily influenced by money, free swag, free games and press kits, we find ourselves disconnecting with the love we once had for honest-to-god unbiased journalism and replacing it with a tinted view of the dollar. Leave your impressions below.

In the end, you should leave it up to your own opinions on which you feel looks better by viewing credible sources of media. Do this by visiting the official homepages of games or by just checking the title out side-by-side on your own.

[Editor's Note: I apologize if either video ends up being removed.]

http://www.psu.com/GRiD-PS3360-comparison-...a0003608-p0.php

Nice going GT, failed once again.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
-x1_0_nt- said:
i'm confused, so GT is trying to prove the 360 version is best by faking the comparison?
Or maybe the video got removed because it was done by a dumb staff member and now the PS3 users are creating an entire "OMG GT CONSPIRACY NAO" on it
ph34r.gif

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
-x1_0_nt- said:
i'm confused, so GT is trying to prove the 360 version is best by faking the comparison?

Exactly. They put the PS3 version in both, and made one duller than the other. Aka, they made the good PS3 version the 360 one, and made the bad PS3 version the PS3 one.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You realize this is a video on youtube, right? And that in most games the only difference you can see is that the PS3 version is darker.

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
We all know PS3 is lots better then 360, we don't need these videos for that
Games that do have the same quality are jsut 360 games ported for PS3 like GTA IV

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fischju said:
You realize this is a video on youtube, right? And that in most games the only difference you can see is that the PS3 version is darker.

It's not darker, It has higher contrast.
Plus Youtube video quality is shit. I can't really tell which one's better.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
awdofgum said:
fischju said:

Need to get your glasses checked. On the PS3 one they clearly made it look like the PS3 had inferior physics, when in reality, they didn't even show the 360 version.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
awdofgum said:
fischju said:

They are both the PS3 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn