Greetings!!!

Clyph_Drops

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings, just joined

I am an artist looking to incorporate video games into my music making workflow, which i showcase on my YouTube channel.

Why?
Because I have a need to be creative and innovative like a fish needs water. I define creativity as the generation of new ideas or concepts that are not merely repetitions of existing ones, but emphasize uniqueness and the ability to think outside conventional boundaries with the intention of communicating/improving an idea. This change in my process allows me to add more "fun" and experimentation to the music making equation, since before "fun" the process was mundane and redundant. Therefore in the spirit of the loyal fans/hobbyist finding new uses for legacy technology (gameboy, psp, ps vita, and etc), i use mostly discontinued games that the original owners/business have discontinued. The music I make leans toward dark electronic and ambient but much of my process is exploratory so experimental compositions are catalogue and embraced because "sometimes on the way to your dream you get lost and find a better one." -Lisa Hammond

Main Goals:
1) Make creative weird music
2) Collaborate with other artist and game developers to make weird/interesting "Safe For Work" art, games, and animations that make use of these unique compositions.

Thank you for your time and for reading this lengthy passage. I am a firm believer in offering intentions to the universe so that the universe can respond in kind.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1724767762484.png

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello and welcome to GBATemp!
Because I have a need to be creative and innovative like a fish needs water.
Amen! I get/ feel a sense of purpose whenever im in that creative head space, wherever or not im making something substantial or not is irrelevant.. just being in that mental state alone is enough to make feel at ease..
Make creative weird music
You use instruments? Or perhaps MIDI & sequencing?

Clyph_Drops

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amen! I get/ feel a sense of purpose whenever im in that creative head space, wherever or not im making something substantial or not is irrelevant.. just being in that mental state alone is enough to make feel at ease..
Well said. I find that not being creative just forces my creativity to manifest in other ways like a hand trying to contain water, there will be leaks so might as well take advantage of it.
You use instruments? Or perhaps MIDI & sequencing?
I use a modular synthesizer based on subtractive synthesis. Then i patch various sound sources through that synthesizer like psp, vhs, cassette, cartoons, and etc. Then i post on youtube as "clapotis wav" to document my experiments, i would share a link but i am not sure if i am allowed to yet. I think i need to reach a certain level if i recall correctly. But thanks for asking.

How about yourself? do make music or art of some kind?

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use a modular synthesizer based on subtractive synthesis. Then i patch various sound sources through that synthesizer like psp, vhs, cassette, cartoons, and etc.
Cool!
Then i post on youtube as "clapotis wav" to document my experiments, i would share a link but i am not sure if i am allowed to yet. I think i need to reach a certain level if i recall correctly. But thanks for asking.
You have to make a few posts before you're allowed to do that.
How about yourself? do make music or art of some kind?
Oh yes, i play drums and guitar. Would love to get into synths, maybe someday.. Cheers!

Reactions: Clyph_Drops

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/jDY79X0ESXo?si=1kdsMxCD8lekNzVF +1