Gaming Grand Theft Auto would be amazing

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thought of this, Rock Star has already made grand theft autos for the DS and GBA, so this is something I can definitely see happening. And it would be like GTA 4 and not the top-down/slanted perspective.

Would be so amazing to steal cars and be shot at in 3D.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, this would be really cool, though it would take a shit load of production time to get everything right.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could probably see them porting LCS or VCS over

they have not done well with original titles on nintendo systems which is why chinatown wars is on the psp also

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GTA needs a serious rest. They did far better work with Red Dead Redemption than they have in a good long while. You know you got a problem with GTA4 needed 2 nearly stand alone games to make it worth having while making good fixes in it to both add-ons. I'd take a RDR game on the 3DS, but I'd run away screaming from yet another carbon copy sandbox crime game as rockstar got to where they're all the same game just with a new coat of paint and it's boring.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
after how rockstar blamed ds piracy for ctw selling horribly i'm sure they'd wait at least a year to ensure the 3ds truly is as secure against piracy as claimed before risking cash trying to make a gta game for a portable ninty handheld again

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vampire Hunter D said:
GTA needs a serious rest. They did far better work with Red Dead Redemption than they have in a good long while. You know you got a problem with GTA4 needed 2 nearly stand alone games to make it worth having while making good fixes in it to both add-ons. I'd take a RDR game on the 3DS, but I'd run away screaming from yet another carbon copy sandbox crime game as rockstar got to where they're all the same game just with a new coat of paint and it's boring.
+25,000

I loved GTA4, but found Red Dead Redemption to be the saving grace for Rockstar. I watched the Tony Hawk series fade out, then the whole Guitar Hero plastic controller phenomenon (which I never played, nor care to), and then repeat every year until the value decreases (Madden NFL anyone?). Boredome does ensue, as does the lack of originality, or innovation for that matter. Do we need this next installation? No, we probably don't. Do we pay for it, or download, and worry about the layer break on our expensive dual layer discs. I slap us in the face for the lazieness, and cheapness that has become the pirate in us all. We pretend to download only the crap titles that we wouldn't have purchased anyways, but then when we "Aquire" those great games that we might have purchased (if hacking and piracy didn't exist), we get too lazy, and forget to "actually" purchase these games. The fact that sequels even release is only a server overload on GBAtemp, but not a result in our paying dollars.

I just want to see good games for the 3DS. If Rockstar wants to make anything, I should feel lucky. I plan on buying the 3DS at launch, and will throw amazing amounts of many at games worth owning. GTA, or RDR, and I'll probablly buy it. I'll save the shovelware for flashcarts, like we all do with our current DS systems.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
dsfanatic5 said:
Vampire Hunter D said:
+25,000

I loved GTA4, but found Red Dead Redemption to be the saving grace for Rockstar. I watched the Tony Hawk series fade out, then the whole Guitar Hero plastic controller phenomenon (which I never played, nor care to), and then repeat every year until the value decreases (Madden NFL anyone?). Boredome does ensue, as does the lack of originality, or innovation for that matter. Do we need this next installation? No, we probably don't. Do we pay for it, or download, and worry about the layer break on our expensive dual layer discs. I slap us in the face for the lazieness, and cheapness that has become the pirate in us all. We pretend to download only the crap titles that we wouldn't have purchased anyways, but then when we "Aquire" those great games that we might have purchased (if hacking and piracy didn't exist), we get too lazy, and forget to "actually" purchase these games. The fact that sequels even release is only a server overload on GBAtemp, but not a result in our paying dollars.

I just want to see good games for the 3DS. If Rockstar wants to make anything, I should feel lucky. I plan on buying the 3DS at launch, and will throw amazing amounts of many at games worth owning. GTA, or RDR, and I'll probablly buy it. I'll save the shovelware for flashcarts, like we all do with our current DS systems.

Yeah, I'm sick of GTA and I haven't even played number 4. After GTA2, GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas I've had my fill of that type of game for a long time.
I tried playing LCS on PSP and Chinatown Wars on DS but they just didn't really interest me anymore.

I'd prefer to see some good new games with new and interesting ideas. Oh, and perhaps a version of Portal, now that would be awesome in 3D!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GTA won't be happening on the 3DS any time soon. After how badly Chinatown Wars did in sales I doubt Rockstar will be touching a Nintendo console any time soon.

There is a Saint's Row game coming to the 3DS though, and Saint's Row is awesome. If it's anything like Saint's Row 2 then it's a day one purchase for me.

And Portal 3DS won't be happening unless they port the Source engine to the 3DS, which probably won't be happening.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Not the kind of game I'd like to play on a portable console, I'd prefer it if they created some new IPs with handheld gaming in mind rather than just trying to shoe-horn home console style games onto it.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are we going to have this every time someone has an idea? "Hey, wouldn't it be great if *insert game* was made for the 3DS? It would look cool in 3D!!!" It just seems like a pointless concept to base a thread on.

giratina16 said:
San Andreas was the best GTA in my opinion.
I agree with that.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maybe a game similar to Heavy Rain. I know Quantic Dream have made games before Heavy Rain that are incredibly similar. I'm not saying a port of the game, I would just like a similar game.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Vampire Hunter D said:

Are you talking about RockStar San Diego? The guys who were exploited to work 10 hours by day, 6/7 days of the week and fired after finish Red Dead Redemption?
glare.gif

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mercluke said:
after how rockstar blamed ds piracy for ctw selling horribly i'm sure they'd wait at least a year to ensure the 3ds truly is as secure against piracy as claimed before risking cash trying to make a gta game for a portable ninty handheld again
Wouldn't it be smarter to release it straight away instead of waiting for it to be confirmed to be safe and then it gets hacked? They should know by know that the 3DS is going to have some serious counter piracy measures they might as well release it early instead of late when it's hacked.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the general agreement with me on it, hate how the thing still sells right up like crack but it's just worn out old shoe.

I hated the fact those liars at Rockstar blamed piracy for Chinatown Wars, then they make the PSP version and it tanks hard too and ends up dropped to $20 pretty exceptionally fast (quicker than the DS one) so they're just excuse makers. Shocking, raelly considering how they've handled Nintendo since the beginning.

Rockstar Sandiego is evil, my brother worked there and got the same treatment with Midnight Club DUB was finished as well so I know how they do the hours and bitchslappings quite well. I don't much respect the company at all, but the way they're beating GTA to death is sickening as it's never changed in the least bit except slight new stupid ideas added to each release. GTA4 was just overkill with the mobile phone harassment and punishment if you didn't do it among other lameness -- as if waiting like 4hours into the game before you can get a keep a weapon, or how the cops will shoot on sight if you punch someone(even in self defense) and the other guy goes free. It's just a bad game.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vampire Hunter D said:
or how the cops will shoot on sight if you punch someone(even in self defense) and the other guy goes free. It's just a bad game.
you will only earn 1 star for assault
they wont shoot but attempt to arrest you
anything going 2 or more stars they will open fire

if the cop didnt see the other guy hit you then he wont get into trouble
however you can actually try it out your self, just shove a guy onto the floor and run in front of a cop, he will punch you and the cop will go after the other person and arrest him and call a squad car for pickup

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps they did a version update because when I had it, if I say ran into someone and they dropped their hot dog, they'd come up and start punching me in the face with a cop right there. Cop wouldn't do crap about it, but if I popped the asshole in the face for it in self defense, the cop would pull a piece on me and say I was under arrest, and if I tried to run away, or kept punching the prick opened fire.

I got a problem for being arrested for something someone else started that is killing my life bar.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vampire Hunter D said:
Perhaps they did a version update because when I had it, if I say ran into someone and they dropped their hot dog, they'd come up and start punching me in the face with a cop right there. Cop wouldn't do crap about it, but if I popped the asshole in the face for it in self defense, the cop would pull a piece on me and say I was under arrest, and if I tried to run away, or kept punching the prick opened fire.

I got a problem for being arrested for something someone else started that is killing my life bar.
While I agreed with you thus far, about the GTA series needing a new makeover, you are now nit-picking a game that you don't like beyond the point of this topic. Your frustrations with GTA are valid, but if you offered up your list of favorite games, many could offer the same scrutiny towards those games, that you provide in your response. In my most favorite games, there are moments where things "don't make sense," whether from a design perspective, or something that was excluded from the game due to technical limitations.

The original topic was created by someone who like the GTA series, and is reaching out for those who share the same interests. I liked GTA4 the most out of any, but like Red Dead even more. If you hate GTA, then you've already stated your opinion, and have no further contributions towards what this topic was intended.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aside from the fact I find your post for the most part entirely pointless I will say this much and you can pick em apart if you will. GTA3 and Vice City I did get into heavily, also that weird overhead GTA3 spinoff on the GBA. SA I couldn't stand as they tossed in 'The Sims' type stuff and the whole ghetto thug thing going on too. GTA4 I already hit on and I just felt they broke the formula, got a bit cheap with the cop assaults, held back weapons far too long, and that whole cell phone harassment or you're punished was a bit much.

If you don't like my nitpicking, report me and get me banned as I'm going to speak my mind.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Broken condoms lead to broken hearts, won't someone think of the children!!! Lol