Gran Turismo 5 Becomes 6th Biggest PS3 Launch

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by luke_c, Nov 29, 2010.

1. luke_c
    OP

luke_c Big Boss

Jun 16, 2008
    Land of England
    Gran Turismo 5 Becomes 6th Biggest PS3 Launch
    Vroom Vroom
    [​IMG]
    After news on Polyphony Digital’s Gran Turismo 5 overtaking Call of Duty: Black Ops to take top spot in the latest UK Charts, it has been confirmed that the racer is the PS3?s 6th biggest launch ever.

After its launch last Wednesday Gran Turismo 5 has become the sixth biggest PlayStation 3 launch in the United Kingdom. The PS3 exclusive racer’s sales improves on its predecessor’s launch sales figures with Gran Turismo 5 achieving a six percent increase over the launch week sales for Gran Turismo 4.

Due to the five year wait for one of the most anticipated PlayStation 3 exclusives, it really comes as no surprise to see Gran Turismo 5 take top spot in this week’s UK Charts. However, to see it achieve only the sixth biggest launch on Sony’s black behemoth machine is arguably unexpected.[/p]
    [​IMG] Source

2. Zetta_x

Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

Mar 4, 2010
    United States
    Lol, they should have not blocked jailbreaking in 3.5, I would have bought this game if I could play it.

Not to mention, I only have a PS3 because I can jailbreak it.

3. Wanted

Wanted GBAtemp Regular

Nov 5, 2002
    New Zealand
    Wellington NZ
    I would have purchased a copy if I could play it without updating.

4. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    i didnt really like GT4 since it wasnt fun like Burnout 3 for the ps2 or similar games... it was too much simulation, i'd rather have a game thts fun and not too technical (like dirt 2 which gets much harder and annoying towards the end unlike Burnout paradise)
    i guess the 1031 cars and the graphics (and the wait) made ppl enthusiastic

5. Scott-105

Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Aug 23, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    I'd like to get this, but I'm a little short on cash right now :/

6. geokilla

geokilla GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto, Canada
    I heard that GT5 isn't as good as they say, and that Forza 3 is more fun. However being a GT fan.... I need to buy a PS3!

7. CarbonX13

CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Aug 27, 2010
    Taiwan
    Vancouver, B.C.
    I don't know where you got that from. All I've heard is that Gran Turismo 5 destroys Forza 3 in almost every perspective regarding racing. It's just a bit of a disappointment that the quality wasn't as good as people expected from a title in development for so long.

I plan to pick this up sometime during the holidays.

8. cambridge_red

cambridge_red Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2010
    Canada
    graphics are meh, but if you are a GT fan (I have been since the PS1 days) then you won't be disappointed.

9. iSneeze

iSneeze Banned

Banned
    Dec 19, 2010
    Dubai
    Hmm.. So did it beat the sales of black ops? (Which apparently broke all records for game sales)

10. Rasas

Rasas Banned

Banned
    Apr 7, 2010
    United States
    It didn't break all the records and no game will.

Also gameplay wise it might have some screen tearing and fps dips but overall it has more cars in the race and various other things causing it in comparison to Forza.

11. Maz7006

Maz7006 iSEXu

Aug 2, 2008
    not all the graphics are "meh"

some cars are just better than others

something like this went on -

"Shit weve been working on this for 5 years, common lads lets get the rest of the some 500 cars done in this week"

... then you have this mass updates, kind of annoying with people with quota limits like me

Still great game, had a go at my friends PS3, dunno really so much fuss about stupid things, great game if racers are your thing.