Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Gran Turismo 5 Becomes 6th Biggest PS3 Launch
Vroom Vroom
Gran-Turismo-5-weather-feature.jpg
After news on Polyphony Digital’s Gran Turismo 5 overtaking Call of Duty: Black Ops to take top spot in the latest UK Charts, it has been confirmed that the racer is the PS3?s 6th biggest launch ever.

After its launch last Wednesday Gran Turismo 5 has become the sixth biggest PlayStation 3 launch in the United Kingdom. The PS3 exclusive racer’s sales improves on its predecessor’s launch sales figures with Gran Turismo 5 achieving a six percent increase over the launch week sales for Gran Turismo 4.

Due to the five year wait for one of the most anticipated PlayStation 3 exclusives, it really comes as no surprise to see Gran Turismo 5 take top spot in this week’s UK Charts. However, to see it achieve only the sixth biggest launch on Sony’s black behemoth machine is arguably unexpected.[/p]
icon11.gif
 Source

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, they should have not blocked jailbreaking in 3.5, I would have bought this game if I could play it.

Not to mention, I only have a PS3 because I can jailbreak it.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
i didnt really like GT4 since it wasnt fun like Burnout 3 for the ps2 or similar games... it was too much simulation, i'd rather have a game thts fun and not too technical (like dirt 2 which gets much harder and annoying towards the end unlike Burnout paradise)
i guess the 1031 cars and the graphics (and the wait) made ppl enthusiastic

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
geokilla said:
I heard that GT5 isn't as good as they say, and that Forza 3 is more fun. However being a GT fan.... I need to buy a PS3!
I don't know where you got that from. All I've heard is that Gran Turismo 5 destroys Forza 3 in almost every perspective regarding racing. It's just a bit of a disappointment that the quality wasn't as good as people expected from a title in development for so long.

I plan to pick this up sometime during the holidays.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iSneeze said:
Hmm.. So did it beat the sales of black ops? (Which apparently broke all records for game sales)

It didn't break all the records and no game will.

Also gameplay wise it might have some screen tearing and fps dips but overall it has more cars in the race and various other things causing it in comparison to Forza.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
not all the graphics are "meh"

some cars are just better than others

something like this went on -

"Shit weve been working on this for 5 years, common lads lets get the rest of the some 500 cars done in this week"

... then you have this mass updates, kind of annoying with people with quota limits like me

Still great game, had a go at my friends PS3, dunno really so much fuss about stupid things, great game if racers are your thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @AncientBoi, got excited when he heard about touch screen +1