MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
titen!!! you are just what graf needs (your avatar is phoenix wright afterall xD) [again, no flame intended, "just for the lulz"]

anyways.. if i had a job... i would help him too (im just 14...)

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Something interesting about Graf, is that he hasn't been really public about the legal issues he's been having. I mean, when geohotz case was happening, practically every step and every court record that could be made public, was in some post on this site. With Graf though, he's just kind of known as that guy who has worked on PS3 hacking for awhile, from Other OS, forward.

Now, I could be wrong, but at the very least, not many here are incredibly aware of his situation.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
omgpwn666 said:
Well, he did something illegal, I guess he should pay for it. I wouldn't donate, but someone else will.
And what is this illegal thing you speak of? Bringing linux back to PS3? Reverse-engineering?

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minox_IX said:
omgpwn666 said:
Well, he did something illegal, I guess he should pay for it. I wouldn't donate, but someone else will.
And what is this illegal thing you speak of? Bringing linux back to PS3? Reverse-engineering?

Yeah, sure. I don't see what you're getting at, they would not fine someone for not breaking the law.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Graf (or really anyone) helped me find a job, I'd gladly donate some cash to help with his legal fees. But right now I'm broke and jobless.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
omgpwn666 said:
Minox_IX said:
omgpwn666 said:

Yeah, sure. I don't see what you're getting at, they would not fine someone for not breaking the law.
So you have complete trust in the legal system? Do not question anything they do? Just because someone is taken to court they're automatically in the wrong?

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
omgpwn666 said:

There hasn't being a trial, he might be going down not for being found guilty of anything, but for not being able to afford the fees. Well that's what the OP sounds like.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why they should do the stuff they do more anonymously. Not saying they have to not have a name attached to what they do, but sheesh, at least do it in a way that there's no path leading back to your meatspace identity for Sony (or whoever) to sue the pants off you with.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minox_IX said:
omgpwn666 said:
Minox_IX said:
omgpwn666 said:

So you have complete trust in the legal system? Do not question anything they do? Just because someone is taken to court they're automatically in the wrong?

I believe in the legal system, and also... He did do something wrong, he knows it, Sony knows it, and we do. It's not a secret that he did something illegal. I don't even think he denies bringing Linux to PS3.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
maybe lulzsec can hack into the court and get the case removed
laugh.gif

Assax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
omgpwn666 said:
Minox_IX said:
omgpwn666 said:
Minox_IX said:
omgpwn666 said:

I believe in the legal system, and also... He did do something wrong, he knows it, Sony knows it, and we do. It's not a secret that he did something illegal. I don't even think he denies bringing Linux to PS3.

Laws can change if only people would care more instead of saying "If it weren't right they wouldn't do this", laws aren't godsend, human defined them, human have the ability to change them. Just because it is a law now, it does not mean at all that it makes sense nowadays.
In fact many laws are still pretty old and don't fit as is into our digital lifestyle in present time.

This.
People should be more critic, I may remind everyone who isn't about "sapere aude!".

Imho, Graf is even less guilty for doing something than Geohot was. You might say that Geohot was indirectly involved with allowing piracy on the PS3, Graf however hasn't done anything like that. All he does is working on Other OS (a feature that was advertized anyway) which was taken away by Sony. If I remember right some dude even successed in "suing" Sony for taking away Other OS.

The man at the center of the case in Finland, which was brought to the Consumer Complaints Board, lost the ability to use an alternative operating system after an update was installed from a new game. He was seeking €150 in damages for the removal of the OtherOS feature.

The CCB said that the removal of OtherOS crippled console features that were present at the time of purchase, and agreed that consumers should be compensated. It recommended that the manufacturer and seller of the console pay €100 jointly to compensate the man.

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/...umer_board_says

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This world would suck if they could bend laws to others liking. Could you imagine a world where everything you do is okay? He broke a real law that should not be changed because it's Sony's system, it's their rules. They said not to do something, don't do it, as simple as that. I break laws, and if I get caught I have to pay for the consequences.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omgpwn666 said:
Minox_IX said:
omgpwn666 said:
Minox_IX said:
omgpwn666 said:

You believe in the legal system? Wow, you poor, poor man. Really should read up on a lot of the stuff that goes on. Anyway, when did hacking your property become illegal? Because Sony says not to?

QUOTE(omgpwn666 @ Jun 18 2011, 07:30 PM)
This world would suck if they could bend laws to others liking. Could you imagine a world where everything you do is okay? He broke a real law that should not be changed because it's Sony's system, it's their rules. They said not to do something, don't do it, as simple as that. I break laws, and if I get caught I have to pay for the consequences.

Oh, right, I'm sorry, we only pay the money for the license to own the sys...tem...wait...it says nothing about that in the ToS...or on the box...or when I was sold the PS3...

Don't get what "buying" means? Means "transfer of ownership in exchange for other goods or money." Once you buy it, Sony stops owning that system. Actually, the Store stops owning that system. Sony loses ownership the moment the stores buy the stock from them.

Assax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
omgpwn666 said:

I'm not talking about changing it because of one man's will.
While Graf is only one case it still applies to similar cases.
As often "quoted" back when Geohot was still relevant in the ps3 scene:
"Why should jailbreaking the Iphone be legal but not jailbreaking the ps3?"

Back in the days there was a debate over laws whether it should be legal to jailbreak your phone and laws were changed in this matter.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
omgpwn666 said:
Minox_IX said:
omgpwn666 said:
Minox_IX said:
omgpwn666 said:

You believe in the legal system? Wow, you poor, poor man. Really should read up on a lot of the stuff that goes on. Anyway, when did hacking your property become illegal? Because Sony says not to?

Yeah, yeah. I look down on you for not believing in the legal system. I see lots of things where guilty people are guilty, and innocent people are innocent. And am I supposed to think, "He is guilty, that must mean he is innocent" and vice versa? And if an official company says not to mess with something, don't do it.

Oh, right, I'm sorry, we only pay the money for the license to own the sys...tem...wait...it says nothing about that in the ToS...or on the box...or when I was sold the PS3...

Don't get what "buying" means? Means "transfer of ownership in exchange for other goods or money." Once you buy it, Sony stops owning that system. Actually, the Store stops owning that system. Sony loses ownership the moment the stores buy the stock from them.

Not true, if it was Sony could not sue anyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.