1. DarkLG

DarkLG Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!

United States
    Might not relate but say you driving and a cop pulls you over and says " You blew a stop sign." Problem is your on a road that has no stop signs but the cop gives you the ticket just because he feels like it. Seeing as you say the law is the law that means your going to pay that ticket since the cop is the law and you follow the law right??

2. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy #JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
    Global Moderator

United States
    That is absolutely perfect. +internets.

3. MEGAMANTROTSKY

MEGAMANTROTSKY GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Save your bait and your toll bridge. There's really nothing more for me to say to you, save this: The paucity of your replies up until this point has only underlined the paucity of your vision. To paraphrase Trotsky, take your smirking ignorance and place it in the dustbin of history, where it belongs.

4. Masterpaul

Masterpaul GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    Donated a quite hefty amount... for a simple reason.. I cant do what I want with My hardware? Fuck THAT!
    I hope my well earned cash is put to a good reason.

5. omatic

omatic GBAtemp Fan

United States
    For someone who believes in the law so hard, you don't give much consideration to a presumption of innocence, or the burden of proof shouldered by an accuser. The issue here is that Graf doesn't have enough cash to fight in court. Therefore, he will lose because he can't keep up with his accuser in legal fees, not because he was able to have his case argued with the same vigor as his opponent.

Also, you really should question which laws are appropriate and which aren't. I hope you don't actually have an unquestioning worship of laws, and this is just an act for the internets. When people start getting arrested for participating in online discussions indirectly related to hacking game consoles due to a recent law revision, I wonder if you'll be as devout. If you don't think that'll ever happen, do some research as to how corporations have grabbed substantial influence in law making around the world, and how they've used said influence to increase revenue. Then, remind yourself of what Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony are.

6. Gagarin

Gagarin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Sizing of liberty (jail time) is only for violation of criminal code. For what he had done, I assume he got sued in civilian one (only monetary punishment). So unless it is a law in Germany that you can not hack your system, he should not go to the jail.

7. sergster1

sergster1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If i didnt get a ticket from the MTA (they are just as bad as sony giving a 16 year old a 100 buck ticket cause he was stuck in manhatten without a student metrocard and lives an brooklyn) i would have gladly donated ~50 dollars

8. omgpwn666

omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
    Yeah, I'm done arguing. Good day everyone, I'm too overwhelmed with stuff to keep reading. Lol

9. lithium210

lithium210 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    what law?? I bet if nintendo took away every app on the 3ds or even the "3d" effect, you'd complain. Graf didnt do anything wrong, he brought back something that we paid for. If it involved piracy, then its wrong.

10. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

WHAT LAW DID HE BREAK?

11. Sterling

Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
  12. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Well, that doesn't help. omgpwn666 seems to have a great idea of what law was broken, as he has gone on and on. He preaches on and on about the law, and how Graf deserves what is coming and all that. He has not once actually said what Graf may be guilty of, even though he believes that Graf deserves the prison time.

As far as technology goes, it doesn't seem like he actually broke any law, and if anything, Sony is trying to get him sent to prison on endless court fees he will lose the ability to pay. Nothing about the situation seems right.

Is anybody sure that anything was posted before the initial raid? I'm not sure if Germany has anything regarding illegal search and seizure procedures though, so it may be irrelevant.

13. shakirmoledina

Tanzania
    cant he back out or something which would put him on the safe side. he has been acting bravely but this doesnt work in a world where things go on legality and punishments. he might as well try to look for a way out and even if it means losing his principles
    i dont want to say this but IMHO, when yer principles promote doing things that are not essential to life or living, then its better to give them up FOR your own life, honor and wealth (or someone else's ofcourse)

14. DarkLG

DarkLG Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!

United States
    You never had anything to argue seeing as your logic has many flaws glad your done posting your stupidity though [​IMG]

15. Coconuts 500

Coconuts 500 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

I think you should be banned from this site and locked down in a dungeon. You are for fascism and that makes you a dangerous person.

Please leave us, and please stop talking to people. You've been brainwashed, and who knows, maybe you will manage brainwash some other weak-willed person? That's very immoral.

16. YayMii

YayMii hi

Canada
    @omgpwn666: All I see you saying is "I disagree so it has to be against the law". Fact is, the only law he's breaking is that he doesn't have enough money for legal fees. Sony is only winning because they're a corporation with tons of money. Your broken 'logic' has been avoiding this the whole time.
    I applaud your great deal of ignorance and stupidity you have displayed here, and you might want to know what is going on before shoving your sheepish comments into a debate in the future. Have a nice day.

17. Phoenix Goddess

Phoenix Goddess The Ninja's Protégée

United States
    Takes so many people to call one person stupid.

18. ferofax

ferofax End of the World

get him Miles Edgeworth. It'll be better for a counter-attack by completely undermining Sony's claims.

19. shadowmanwkp

shadowmanwkp Your roms are on another rom site

Netherlands
    For the love of whatnot people, keep on topic. It's as derailed as it is, and the person responsible for that is not posting anymore. Forget about it and just post about the matter at hand, we're not studying laws here.

20. PsyBlade

PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Gambia, The
    AFAIK there is such a law (versions of DMCA got forced onto many other contries too by the US)
    plus you get jail time if you don't pay the monetary punishment (eg because you can't) (only applies to punishment not damages or lawyers and such AFAIK)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Graf_Chokolo, Support, Needs