GamerzHell9137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Right now i am laying Sleeping Dogs and my GPU temp is 60 C
Is that ok?

And the second question is about MSI Afterurner.
It can increase many things but i just want to increase the fan speed.
Right now its on 35 and when i increase it to 100 the GPU loses 5-7 C.
Is it ok to increase the Fan Speed?
It's not gonna damage my card in any way right?
And what Fan speed to set?

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Should i increase it?

If you want too, While it does increase fan ware it wont be anything to worry about in the life time of the product unless you expect to be using the same GPU 10 years down the line

Everything up till about 70-80 should be fine (depending on the model of the GPU)

Even my laptop GPU only hits about 73c :)

GamerzHell9137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
If you want too, While it does increase fan ware it wont be anything to worry about in the life time of the product unless you expect to be using the same GPU 10 years down the line

Even my laptop GPU only hits about 73c :)

Nice, thanks

Everything up till about 70-80 should be fine (depending on the model of the GPU)
I have a Palit GT630 2 GB DDR3.
And now about the MSI Afterburner OC.
I know its not safe but what do i need to watch when Overclocking the GPU?
Do i need to buy a new fan for it or something?

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Nice, thanks

I have a Palit GT630 2 GB DDR3.
And now about the MSI Afterburner OC.
I know its not safe but what do i need to watch when Overclocking the GPU?
Do i need to buy a new fan for it or something?

Best Advice I can give is use FurMark to stress your overclock it will show the temps if it gets above 75c with your fan at 100% I would pull back some.
also keep an eye for any odd things happening on the screen such as stretched textures and dots these show that the card cant handle your overclock and you should pull back some

GamerzHell9137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Best Advice I can give is use FurMark to stress your overclock it will show the temps if it gets above 75c with your fan at 100% I would pull back some.
also keep an eye for any odd things happening on the screen such as stretched textures and dots these show that the card cant handle your overclock and you should pull back some

Thanks.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once you have stressed in FurMark, go run the application in a more gaming-like environment, like some benchmarks. This will let you know if you need to tone back the OC, for though it may function well rendering one highly-detailed object, rendering an entire scene might just tip over enough to make the OC unstable.

I've used the Heaven DX11 when stress-testing my card after the initial FurMark test. Crank the settings all to their highest and your chosen display resolution: we're not looking for good frames necessarily, but are instead seeing if you can survive the entire benchmark without any crashes, artifacts, or other rendering errors. Then after that, you make OC adjustments if needed, and then go one to play some games for an extended amount of time to see the same thing.

I had to tone back from an 832Mhz on my card, which was comfortable on FurMark, but choked on Heaven DX11. Got that stable and comfy at 812Mhz, but yielded back another 10Mhz for stability in gaming, which at times had some artifacts at 812Mhz. This was with stock voltages.

(This has been my experience, at least)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8