ROM Hack Question Got a new switch, worried it'll get banned from having my old modified save on it

JakieRAGE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically title

I never really minded being banned from Splatoon 2 but my old switch gave out and isn't working properly anymore. So I'm just getting my cousins' as a hand-me-down.

Though I'm worried that by going online with my old modified splatoon 2 save that Nintendo will insta-ban me.

Just really paranoid since I don't really know why I got banned from it in the first place. I remember modding Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon 2's save files, yet I only got banned from Splatoon 2. Been playing Mario Kart 8 for years with no issues

This was in September 2018, they let me go online with the modded save for a few months (I did it in May) and out of nowhere I was banned

Maybe they caught me cuz I had outdated cfw on my switch?

Idk man I need help here

GlakeGG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd avoid going online with modified Splatoon 2 saves, there are a few games that Nintendo seems super strict about when it comes to save editing, and Splatoon 2 is definitely one of them.

Deleted member 514389

GBA Connoisseur
Trophies
Website
f.ls
XP
Country
Germany
I've written back several saves (Fenyx, YuGiOh, AnimalCrossing) and even bounced them back and forth between the V1 Switch and Lite:

No problem.

(Then again, these are unmodified, legit saves...I seldom play online anyways)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1