Got a new 3in1 but it does not work?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by darabo, Jan 5, 2009.

1. darabo
    OP

darabo Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    Hello, I just received a EZ Flash 3 in 1 I ordered from DX however nothing recognizes it.

I tried AKIO and gba exp loader however both say that I need to insert a slot 2 expansion (even though the 3in1 is already in the ds lite).

Do I have a defective 3in1?

What can I do to solve this problem?

Thank you so much.

2. dragon493

dragon493 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2008
    United States
    it could be that you have to blow out the the dust in your nds gba slot or EZ 3-in-1 expansion. It could also be that it's not inserted fully or properly in your nds. Or else i really don't know because i also ordered one from DX and i have yet to try to use it

3. Taza

Taza GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2007
    Finland
    Tweak the settings under 3-in-1 in AKAIO/AK2 firmware. It's a known bug, the 3-in-1 must be fully erased for it to load a GBA rom.

Specific setting: NOR mode must be always.

4. darabo
    OP

darabo Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    When I try to enter the 3in1 settings in AKAIO it says that 3in1 is not found.

Also I blew both the slot and the cartridge and the same thing happened as before.

5. Shabadage

Shabadage GBAtemp Fan

Mar 12, 2008
    United States
    Colorado
    sounds like a dead battery to me.

6. SkankyYankee

SkankyYankee GBAtemp Advanced Skank

Mar 16, 2008
    United States
    In front of the PC

Maybe try charging it before you use it if you havent already. mine acted weird until i had it in the ds charging. if not that then it probably is a dead battery.

7. Mbmax

Mbmax Homebrew addicted

Nov 7, 2006
    I think he has probably received the new 3in1 model. As far as i know only rudolph has updated his homebrew to be compatible the new amount of NOR (512mb).
    Darabo, please give a try to GBAexploader 0.58b to see if your 3IN1 is seen. [​IMG]

8. Mbmax

Mbmax Homebrew addicted

Nov 7, 2006
    It's confirmed HERE. New 3in1 are available. [​IMG]

9. darabo
    OP

darabo Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2008
    United States

It works, thank you so much!

I was very close to requesting a replacement.

Do you or anyone else know if AKAIO will support this new model?

10. Hell_AleX

Hell_AleX GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    i got another problem... i can't enable Rumble or RAM expansion... anyone know something more? any HB (without GBAExpLoader)

11. glitchbit

glitchbit GBAtemp Regular

Dec 27, 2006
    United States
    Correction one suggestion worked http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=128539

I got the same issue, except all suggestions from multiple sources have completely and utterly failed, it always says something to the effect that my device is not detected.

I have tried exploader .57, .58b, gbldr, and I have even manually patched it with the correct dldi from my system folder, and nopatched it so that m3 real would not attempt to patch it automatically. I also tried DSTT and all these methods in all possible combinations have failed. I have spent so much time with this I really do not want a replacement, I am going to go with a card made by someone else. I assume mine is just a dud, regardless of the chip change.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice